REGARDING LOST ACCOUNTS

Prev1345
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2018
Below are suggested steps for restoring your lost account.

Resolving Lost Accounts

If You Are Not Signed Into Google Play
  1. Launch the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes application
  2. From the Home Screen, select the Settings gear icon in the top left corner
  3. Select the Sign In To Google Play option from the lists
  4. Google will present available account(s) to sign in with
  5. Choose the account that you were using prior to the update
  6. Click OK
  7. You should now be signed into your account

If You Are Already Signed Into A Google Play Account
  1. Launch the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes application
  3. Select Google Play Achievements
  4. Tap on the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner
  5. Select Settings
  6. Note the account you are “Currently signed in as"
  7. If you are signed into the wrong account, click the back arrow
  8. Click the back arrow from the achievements window to return to the in-game Settings menu
  9. Select the Sign Out of Google Play option from the lists
  10. Click Confirm to sign-out and have the application restart
  11. When presented to either Play as Guest or Sign Into Google Play, select the option to Sign Into Google Play
  12. Google will present available account(s) to sign in with
  13. Choose the account that you were using prior to the update
  14. Click OK
  15. You should now be signed into your account

If You Don’t Have A Sign-In or Sign-Out Option
Please verify this is the case by:
  1. Launching the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes application
  3. Verify that there are no buttons for Google Play Achievements or Sign out of Google Play

If there are no options for signing in or signing out of Google Play, please contact Customer Support for further assistance.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Great comment I faced this issue but I was able to fix this manually I hope this helps new players who are worried about losing their account.
  • How do I increase my characters stars
  • What about Facebook login?
  • I lost my account on iOS but I just started over, lost like 2 days of gameplay but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'm really new to this game.
  • I got to level 39 and lost it on iOS totally screwed me over. Anyway to reclaim what I had?
  • I am trying to sign into google play but when I click the ''sign into google play" button it just sends me back to the guest account. i had just gotten to level 40 and dont want to lose all that data. please help
  • I still haven't heard of any possible responses for this
  • parvin wrote: »
    I am trying to sign into google play but when I click the ''sign into google play" button it just sends me back to the guest account. i had just gotten to level 40 and dont want to lose all that data. please help

I have the same problem. Is there any way I can connect to Google Play Games now that I've reached a higher level?
  • bdeoto wrote: »
    parvin wrote: »
    I am trying to sign into google play but when I click the ''sign into google play" button it just sends me back to the guest account. i had just gotten to level 40 and dont want to lose all that data. please help

I have the same problem. Is there any way I can connect to Google Play Games now that I've reached a higher level?

According to this Reddit post, there seems to be a way to do this involving making new Google accounts.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/3wtq1p/linking_guest_accounts_to_google_play/
  • Can we please give a way to log in to google play accounts before having to go through the entire tutorial again?
  • Litmanito wrote: »
    I still haven't heard of any possible responses for this

Same problem for me, I have tried to get support, but they basically ignored it completely.
  • Any fix for iOS, I had to change my iOS password and lost everything. This was the only game effected.
  • Ftom yesterday my account ist lost and i must to beginn again !!! I was 53 lvl. Can anyone tell me why that happend ? Im 23:30 at night my account was changed. Pls i dont wanna beginn everything again, account ist stolen or thats a bug?
  • I have run in to an issue where, as of this morning (12/26/15 Pacific Time US), I am no longer able to upgrade the abilities on any of my main characters. I have more than enough ability mats and I'm currently level 58 and have enough credits, but the "Upgrade" button is greyed out still. Anyone run in to this at all?
  • ender_wiggins
    84 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I just logged into the Game Center realizing I hadn't. It forced the game to restart and my progress (all purchases and levels) were erased... I can reestablish everything by staying logged out - is there any way to link them?

FYI - for those losing their progress by logging into Game Center after starting, simply go to SETTINGS > GAME CENTER and click on your Apple ID then SIGN OUT. When you restart the app, it'll be where you were.
    Post edited by ender_wiggins on
  • I've had a similar issue with Game Center. Level 59 and everything erased. After spending over an hour with tech support and 4 reps, was told they would send the case to the email team and to expect an email in a few hours. Hope it works out and will update on if there's a fix. I had several purchases along with 6 weeks of gameplay wiped out. Unfortunately for me Enders fix didn't work.
  • Wait so since i have iOS if i delete the app and then redownload it, will my progress and stuff be there?
  • Its funny how this works sometimes. When my connection is flaky, it drops me to level 13 - my state maybe day 1 or 2 of playing the game. Scares the heck out of me, but logging out and in under a stable connection gets me the true state.
  • As a follow up on my earlier post. After some patience and a few days EA made everything as right as they could. I lost my original account but they at least replaced what I bought on a new account. Thanks EA!
  • I just logged into the Game Center realizing I hadn't. It forced the game to restart and my progress (all purchases and levels) were erased... I can reestablish everything by staying logged out - is there any way to link them?

FYI - for those losing their progress by logging into Game Center after starting, simply go to SETTINGS > GAME CENTER and click on your Apple ID then SIGN OUT. When you restart the app, it'll be where you were.

Did you ever manage to link your account to the Game centre or are you just playing with game centre logged off.

I have the same issue, so I can only play on my ipad, if I use my girlfriends I cant play on my main account as when I log into game centre it puts me back to the tutorial :(

• Where do I even begin to talk about my despair? I know, will make a chronological list.
    1) Played Heroes of Dragon Age two years back, got a bad experience from it (won't go there) and contacted the unhelpful EA staff who of course, were not helpful.
    2) Swore off all EA mobile games, which was painful because they had such a wonderful history of PC gaming during my childhood, boo hoo.
    3) 2 years later got a little itchy, picked up SWGOH after watching movie, as 19238718923781273 other people have probably done.
    4) Loved it, so much so that I sunk about 50USD in the heroine starter pack within the first 2 days, with the shameful intention of spending more in the future.
    5) Played up to lvl 43, unlocked Sid by faithfully claiming daily arena credits and all daily achievements, so yay to owning at PvP within the rank 200-500 bracket! Looking forward to climbing the ladder!
    6) Suddenly 3 weeks in, game asked me rather innocently to log into Gamecentre (I'm an iPhone user). Apart from briefly wondering how come I wasn't logged into it from the beginning (aren't all games nowadays??!!), I thought nothing of it, and logged into it.
    7) Game plunged me straight to lvl 1.
    8) Kept my cool, despite having to sit through the stupidly painful intro without the option of skipping it.
    9) No way to restore. No option in Settings menu. Mixed comments in Forum. Despair setting in.
    10) Glimpse of hope! Contact EA help centre, who promised getting back to me in 24 hours.
    11) Reply! Within 30 hours! Not bad. Nevermind it's from a Prakash S from a call centre in India. This is what he says:

"If you were playing the game as guest then I am afraid but there is no possible way to restore your game progresses back. But if you linked the game with your itunes account then yes you can restore your game progress.
    -Here I am sharing some steps it will help you to restore your game progress.
    To log back into the linked account on iOS:
    - Leave the game and go to the device's Settings menu
    - In Settings, go to Game Center
    - From there, log in with the Game Center account that is linked to the missing SWGOH game
    - Close and restart SWGOH. It will being up the game linked to the logged-in Game Center"

13) Takes a moment to sink in. Realises that not only has he been of exactly 0 help, he probably doesn't speak English, because if he did he would have realised my problem started by linking the game to Gamecentre in the first place (something which the game should have done at the start 3 weeks ago which it didn't, but I hadn't even gone there yet), thus deleting all my current data, and if I were a free user I would just have to suck it up to lousy design, but as a paying user this callous lack of sensitivity to the customer in favour of cashing in on the movie's success to attract more players to dump their hard-earned cash into this game with little or no technical support was the reason why I swore off all EA mobile games 2 years ago.
    14) Having spent all emotional energy, I lie back and pray that the moderator of this thread will read it, and review my CASE NUMBER 22065080, hopefully finding a solution so that my faith in EA can once again be restored, and that I can rescue my poor Barriss, Sid, Assajj, Ahsoka and Poe team (with lvl 5-6 gear) from the Arena who are probably getting chewed up by new, blissfully ignorant players hungrily nipping at their heels unknowing of the agony and despair that await them in the near future, as has befallen myself.
  • Rilakkuma
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    If there are no options for signing in or signing out of Google Play, please contact Customer Support for further assistance.

Thats my case. Level 50 character and now everything is gone. Reinstalled the app and tutorial starts. When its over, i tap on the gear, signed out, signed in again and nothing changes. And of course, ea customer support is completely useless.

case 22108676
  • DarthYoda
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rilakkuma wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Thats my case. Level 50 character and now everything is gone. Reinstalled the app and tutorial starts. When its over, i tap on the gear, signed out, signed in again and nothing changes. And of course, ea customer support is completely useless.

case 22108676

I agree. I have a case 3 weeks old that absolutely no one will help me with. I would suggest going to Google play and reporting the developers. Maybe they will sort their **** out and pull their thumbs out of their buts. Completely useless.

I had a lvl 60 account that was maxed out. I was #1 on the server too
  • Will we have to replay the whole 20 minutes of tutorial everytime your system kicks us from our account ?
    I've done it one time, there won't be a second one.
  • Sinbad
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    terrytoma wrote: »
    Where do I even begin to talk about my despair? I know, will make a chronological list.
    1) Played Heroes of Dragon Age two years back, got a bad experience from it (won't go there) and contacted the unhelpful EA staff who of course, were not helpful.
    2) Swore off all EA mobile games, which was painful because they had such a wonderful history of PC gaming during my childhood, boo hoo.
    3) 2 years later got a little itchy, picked up SWGOH after watching movie, as 19238718923781273 other people have probably done.
    4) Loved it, so much so that I sunk about 50USD in the heroine starter pack within the first 2 days, with the shameful intention of spending more in the future.
    5) Played up to lvl 43, unlocked Sid by faithfully claiming daily arena credits and all daily achievements, so yay to owning at PvP within the rank 200-500 bracket! Looking forward to climbing the ladder!
    6) Suddenly 3 weeks in, game asked me rather innocently to log into Gamecentre (I'm an iPhone user). Apart from briefly wondering how come I wasn't logged into it from the beginning (aren't all games nowadays??!!), I thought nothing of it, and logged into it.
    7) Game plunged me straight to lvl 1.
    8) Kept my cool, despite having to sit through the stupidly painful intro without the option of skipping it.
    9) No way to restore. No option in Settings menu. Mixed comments in Forum. Despair setting in.
    10) Glimpse of hope! Contact EA help centre, who promised getting back to me in 24 hours.
    11) Reply! Within 30 hours! Not bad. Nevermind it's from a Prakash S from a call centre in India. This is what he says:

"If you were playing the game as guest then I am afraid but there is no possible way to restore your game progresses back. But if you linked the game with your itunes account then yes you can restore your game progress.
    -Here I am sharing some steps it will help you to restore your game progress.
    To log back into the linked account on iOS:
    - Leave the game and go to the device's Settings menu
    - In Settings, go to Game Center
    - From there, log in with the Game Center account that is linked to the missing SWGOH game
    - Close and restart SWGOH. It will being up the game linked to the logged-in Game Center"

13) Takes a moment to sink in. Realises that not only has he been of exactly 0 help, he probably doesn't speak English, because if he did he would have realised my problem started by linking the game to Gamecentre in the first place (something which the game should have done at the start 3 weeks ago which it didn't, but I hadn't even gone there yet), thus deleting all my current data, and if I were a free user I would just have to suck it up to lousy design, but as a paying user this callous lack of sensitivity to the customer in favour of cashing in on the movie's success to attract more players to dump their hard-earned cash into this game with little or no technical support was the reason why I swore off all EA mobile games 2 years ago.
    14) Having spent all emotional energy, I lie back and pray that the moderator of this thread will read it, and review my CASE NUMBER 22065080, hopefully finding a solution so that my faith in EA can once again be restored, and that I can rescue my poor Barriss, Sid, Assajj, Ahsoka and Poe team (with lvl 5-6 gear) from the Arena who are probably getting chewed up by new, blissfully ignorant players hungrily nipping at their heels unknowing of the agony and despair that await them in the near future, as has befallen myself.

This is identical to mine story, please let me know if you get any results. Also, very nicely wrote and worded! Cheers!
  • Johnnydontgo
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey Ender, thanks a million for the advice! I've been freaking out all day after losing my account. Your fix did the trick. I literally created a forum account just to thank you.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member

EA_Jesse wrote:
    "If there are no options for signing in or signing out of Google Play, please contact Customer Support for further assistance."

I trained it and it has no sense. After 3-4 weeks cooperation with EA support I have an answer about a bug in the game. I will see "google login" button in setting of the game as long as the game will be fixed.
    No one know when it will be , no one know if it will be.

The backup of game for move game progress to my own device is not possible. I do not know why.
    I consulted with android's developers and the conclusion is this.
    The game has no chance to save the progress to the file hidden in strange place of android's flash memory. The backup created by some apps will not restore the progress because of lack of it.
    The solution is only one . (this is a reaseon , support often suggest to reinstall game and progress is all time safe)

The game connects to server with DEVICE ID. The game system identifies this ID and finds correct server and as back result sends game progress to device .
    I had NO login google button in child's tablet and trained the backup for move game to my device. Now I have my own device without google login button in setting and no progress. Wipping device is not a help. I can reinstall , but game always send the same device id to server and system know my progress and fact you declared child age - this mean you can not login to google , because you can not have this account.

• So if I sign into the Game Center (which I never have) will I lose my account date? I don't want to lose my account I'm about to be level 67.
  • ender_wiggins
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm glad I was able to help a few people!

To answer the follow-up questions: No, I haven't sought to get my account moved into the Game Center yet. That's the reason I'm on the forums today, though. I'll be posting my findings here once I have an answer.
    So if I sign into the Game Center (which I never have) will I lose my account date? I don't want to lose my account I'm about to be level 67.

You won't lose your data, but it will say that you're "switching accounts" and you'll be starting fresh. You can switch back and forth between the two accounts by logging in/out of the Game Center in your iOS settings, but only the Game Center account will be easily recovered (if, for instance, you bought a new phone).

Edit 1/Attempt 1: I opened a ticket with a kindly worded message explaining my dilemma. I want to link my "guest" account to Game Center so I can transfer it with me to another device in the future. I included my Apple ID, ally ID, and name. The e-mail reply was very prompt and entirely off target - they included a link to the Q&A answer about signing into Game Center/Google Play BEFORE you begin playing and closed the ticket. Having played for nearly a month and a half with some monetary investment, this is unacceptable. I'll be trying again soon.
    Post edited by ender_wiggins on
This discussion has been closed.