REGARDING LOST ACCOUNTS

Replies

• I'm glad I was able to help a few people!

To answer the follow-up questions: No, I haven't sought to get my account moved into the Game Center yet. That's the reason I'm on the forums today, though. I'll be posting my findings here once I have an answer.
    So if I sign into the Game Center (which I never have) will I lose my account date? I don't want to lose my account I'm about to be level 67.

You won't lose your data, but it will say that you're "switching accounts" and you'll be starting fresh. You can switch back and forth between the two accounts by logging in/out of the Game Center in your iOS settings, but only the Game Center account will be easily recovered (if, for instance, you bought a new phone).

Edit 1/Attempt 1: I opened a ticket with a kindly worded message explaining my dilemma. I want to link my "guest" account to Game Center so I can transfer it with me to another device in the future. I included my Apple ID, ally ID, and name. The e-mail reply was very prompt and entirely off target - they included a link to the Q&A answer about signing into Game Center/Google Play BEFORE you begin playing and closed the ticket. Having played for nearly a month and a half with some monetary investment, this is unacceptable. I'll be trying again soon.

Let me know what you find out about this, I'm in the same boat about to hit 70 this weekend and want my account to be more secure as I am planning to upgrade my phone soon.

Thanks!
  • Any updates on this??
    114 posts Member
    I've lost my guest account data is there a way to get it back I have the player id?
  • So I just logged in as every day and now i have to do the tutorial again. YOU CANT PRESS the gear option till this tutorial is done. It is forcing you to click on things -.-. Fix this, I cant login into my account till I am finished with a 20min tutorial -.-
  • I get a weird message and cannot log into my account

Says: "res/drawable-xhdpi-v4/app-banner.png"
  • demogorgon wrote: »
    I get a weird message and cannot log into my account

Says: "res/drawable-xhdpi-v4/app-banner.png"

Same here.
  • res/drawable-xhdpi-v4/app_banner.png

Same deal I need some help unfortunately ill miss arena today.
    Email me at kharnx@gmail.com
  • For anyone running into the banner.png error, please see the thread that addresses that issue specifically for possible solutions, while we (Capital Games) figure out a more elegant solution for everyone.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11953/res-drawable-hdpi-v4-app-banner-png/p1
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    Has anyone else had the issue where the login option isn't there on android?? I see all the ios complaints... But is there a solution on android??
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I found a fix for transferring my "guest" account from my old ipod touch 5th gen device to my new ipod touch 6th gen. This procedure should work for any apple device (i.e., iPad, iPhone, iPod touch). Read on for details.

At first I had the same problem others have mentioned, where I started the game but my data was gone. I had done a normal "restore from backup", which brought all other apps and data to my new ipod, except for this game.

WARNING - the following procedure may wipe any "guest" Galaxy of Heroes account you have on your new iOS device. If you want to bring forward your old "guest" account, then continue...

To fix the problem and be able to use your old "guest" account on your new device, do the following using the iTunes software (I used it on Windows):

With the old device connected:
    1) First transfer all purchases from the iOS device (File -> Devices -> Transfer Purchases)
    2) Sync the device, just for good measure. (EDIT - I did another test, and I don't think this is necessary, but it doesn't hurt either)
    3) Do a full backup of your device, BUT IT MUST BE ENCRYPTED. Give it a password and write the password down because you will need it when restoring the backup.

If your new device has Galaxy of Heroes (GoH) already installed, delete it.

Connect your new device to your computer:
    1) Use iTunes to "Restore Backup...", which can be found on the Summary screen for your device. Select the encrypted backup you just made.
    2) After it is done restoring your backup, get back into your new device, following any necessary setup screens.
    3) GoH should start installing since you deleted it before and have now restored from Backup. Wait for GoH to finish installing.
    4) Before opening GoH, do a device Sync through iTunes. Once the sync is done, you can unplug your iOS device from your computer. (EDIT - I did another test, and I don't think the sync is necessary, but it doesn't hurt either)
    5) Go into your device settings. Under Game Center settings, make sure you are logged out. If you see your e-mail listed, tap it and select "log out".
    6) Close all apps and start up GoH. If Game Center asks to log in, hit Cancel.

That's it. You should have your old game's "guest" account now available on your new iOS device!

Be Wary out there...
    Post edited by BeWary on
  • kampec
    16 posts Member
    I can't sign into my google play account, because the Galaxy Heroes just offer to create a new google play account, don't show my old one. In google play i can see my account, but in Galaxy heroes i can't select it.
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    I have to say that EA technical help is the most useless technical support service I have ever encountered. I just spent an hour on the phone to them, after they left three voicemails for me (I worked out that their system was going straight through to my mobile's voicemail without ringing, so had to change my contact details to a landline).

At the end of it, the woman swore blind that my level 70, Arena no 1 account could never ever be connected to Google Play, but they would give me 200 crystals to compensate.

In the end, I followed advice on the forum, set up a new Google+ account, connected to that, and hey presto, my Guest Account is now connected to Google play. Sheesh.
  • A
  • How do I contact customer support? I just updated my iPhone and my game started over!!!!!!
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    How do I contact customer support? I just updated my iPhone and my game started over!!!!!!

From my understanding, EA won't help you. See my post above for instructions on transferring your game between Apple devices. However, if you used Game Center on your previous device, just log into it again and you should have your game back.
  • Oh my god, doing the tutorial every time this crap happens... you've gotta give us the option to sign in at the tutorial. If this keeps happening I'm not sure I can keep playing if I have to do this every time.
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    BeWary wrote: »
    How do I contact customer support? I just updated my iPhone and my game started over!!!!!!

From my understanding, EA won't help you. See my post above for instructions on transferring your game between Apple devices. However, if you used Game Center on your previous device, just log into it again and you should have your game back.

Hi BeWary,

do1pO40.png

Do you have any idea if i can click on continue game and still keep my lvl 70 guest acct intact?

• BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Pion3o wrote: »

Do you have any idea if i can click on continue game and still keep my lvl 70 guest acct intact?

If I'm reading that picture correctly, it appears your "current" game is at lvl 0 (just started), and if you click "new game", that would also be at lvl 0. I don't think either option will get your game back. :(

Did you, or can you now, make an encrypted backup of your previous game using iTunes and a computer?
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I shall setup another guest account and lvl it to lvl 5 then try to link it to game centre on another iphone if it works might consider trying it on my lvl 70 account and ya at the same time need to perform a backup

As for encrypted backup i shall try and see. Thank you bewary
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    I shall setup another guest account and lvl it to lvl 5 then try to link it to game centre on another iphone if it works might consider trying it on my lvl 70 account and ya at the same time need to perform a backup

If you still have access to your lvl 70 account, just do an encrypted backup of that device. Then "restore from backup" to your new device. That will bring your game to the new device, and I believe it's the only way to save it if you don't use Game Center.
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    BeWary wrote: »

If you still have access to your lvl 70 account, just do an encrypted backup of that device. Then "restore from backup" to your new device. That will bring your game to the new device, and I believe it's the only way to save it if you don't use Game Center.

Ok will give this a try and also hoping to get it linked to game centre too.. No idea will it work that way.

It happened that the ea support knew my account was at lvl 70 meant it somehow got an online backup of guest acct? When we login was the device id used to retrieve progress for guest account?
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Ok will give this a try and also hoping to get it linked to game centre too.. No idea will it work that way.

It happened that the ea support knew my account was at lvl 70 meant it somehow got an online backup of guest acct? When we login was the device id used to retrieve progress for guest account?

I'm not sure I understand. From the picture you posted, it says you have a lvl 0 account, not lvl 70. If that message is correct, that seems to suggest your old account was not recognized.

When I upgraded to a new Apple device, I did not get the same message you are seeing. I "restored from backup", but GoH did not come through because I had not previously done an encrypted backup. Instead, I had to do the tutorial a bunch of times (VERY annoying), both connected to Game Center and unconnected.

At the time, I was not able to get access to my old account, and I didn't see a message like you posted asking to link my account to Game Center. However, when I went back to my original device and did the encrypted backup, I was able to restore that version to my new device and then I had my game back.

NOTE - I don't use Game Center. If you do, then none of this should matter since your game should be stored in Game Center.
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ok my problem is this : i am using a guest acct which is currently lvl 70, i got this prompt up when i login to a blank game centre acct and attempt to port my lvl 70 acct to game centre. The current game means my lvl 70 acct and after prompting me if i click on continue, there is a risk that my lvl 70 acct might be erased and will have to start from lvl 0. I think that is what it meant.

I did not link this acct to game centre previously if i would.. My toe would not be bigger than my head now symbolize problematic haha

Fyi. I still have my lvl 70 acct intact. Jist wanted to try if i can connect to game centre and get the cloud sync backup i think
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Ok my problem is this : i am using a guest acct which is currently lvl 70, i got this prompt up when i login to a blank game centre acct and attempt to port my lvl 70 acct to game centre. The current game means my lvl 70 acct and after prompting me if i click on continue, there is a risk that my lvl 70 acct might be erased and will have to start from lvl 0. I think that is what it meant.

I did not link this acct to game centre previously if i would.. My toe would not be bigger than my head now symbolize problematic haha

Fyi. I still have my lvl 70 acct intact. Jist wanted to try if i can connect to game centre and get the cloud sync backup i think

Ah, okay. I don't know what will happen, because I never had that option. However, the Game Center game and the local game are completely separate, so you can have both at the same time. You can use the local game by just logging out of Game Center, and vice versa.

If I were you, I would do an encrypted backup of your device with the lvl 70 local account. Then I would try the game center linkage. If it doesn't go well, you could just "restore from backup" and get your local game working again.
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    Thats a good point!! Will do some trial n error hope it works

Thanks again for ur guidance
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Thats a good point!! Will do some trial n error hope it works

Thanks again for ur guidance

No problem. Let us know how it goes!

I wonder why you got this "link to Game Center" option when I did not. I just tried logging into Game Center again and it didn't give me this option. Did you happen to recently upgrade your OS? Maybe it's a feature of the new iOS (v9.3), to which I haven't upgraded yet.
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Nope i was using ios 9.2.1 actually i didnt upgrade to 9.3 in the fear of losing my lvl 70 acct that is why i needed to sync it with my game centre before upgrading

You can try this :
    Create a new apple id , with no goh acct then login to ur game centre then launch ur local acct and see if u have the option but beware do not click on continue as we have not yet experiment with it

To continue to have this prompt do not start a new game with it instead kill the application by going to task mgr
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    I have found the solution to the above
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    1. Uninstall all goh apps and logout of game centre
    2. Create a new apple id
    3. Reinstall goh from the app store
    4. Login to the game centre using ur new apple id and launch the game.
    5. When the game start it will prompt you to "start new game" or "continue game", click on continue game to link ur guest or local account lvl 70 account to game centre. (It will not restart your account to lvl 0) i have personally level one guest acct to level 8 on another phone to test this. Next click on continue game and it is then linked to game centre and when i relogin i am still level 8.
    6. Now ur level 70 account is still intact and is now linked to game centre
    7. Since it is linked now u can access it from any apple devices online by just login to ur new apple id thru game centre
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    BeWare, since u alrdy taken an encrypted backup on ur data, try this method if it works for u it will work for everyone. Just in case ill take an encrypted backup of my data first before attempting this. If all is fine and able to link to game centre then we will not need the encrypted backup anymore as it is now backup in the cloud somewhere
This discussion has been closed.