REGARDING LOST ACCOUNTS

Replies

• Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    AHrQCQ5.jpg

My lvl 70 account is now linked to game centre. I can now update my ios version to 9.3 hohoho
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Pion3o wrote: »
    AHrQCQ5.jpg

My lvl 70 account is now linked to game centre. I can now update my ios version to 9.3 hohoho

Awesome Pion3o! Another tool in the toolchest.

I probably won't go this route though, because I don't want to bother with multiple Apple IDs. I have other devices my kids have used, and I find that having multiple accounts used for one device is kind of annoying, especially for old accounts that are forgotten.

I wish there was a way where I could reset my Game Center to a fresh start, like you effectively did by creating a new Apple account. That way I could maybe do the same thing you did, but keep my Apple ID the same.
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    u can delete an apple id permanently and keep the one u need
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Now i need not worry about my guest account getting erased or lost haha

Now if u were to logout of game centre and laucnh goh u will see the opening "ceremony" again lol
  • Just fixed this for my daughter.

You don't need a new Apple ID, it's much easier than that.

Backup your device for safety.

1- Close SWGOH.
    2- Open the Game Center app.
    3- Log-in if you haven't using your preferred iTunes account.
    4- Tap "Games" at the bottom.
    5- Find SWGOH in the list.
    6- Swipe left and choose "Delete".
    7- Do NOT uninstall SWGOH when prompted; choose "Cancel" instead.
    8- Leave Game Center logged in.
    9- Open SWGOH.
    10- When prompted, choose "Continue". (The message about level 0 and new games is confusingly stated).
    11- Your Guest game will now become your Game Center game on your original iTunes account.
    12- Stay logged in to Game Center and continue on as normal.

Hope this helps someone.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Wow, that's awesome P_Jones. Thanks for the info!
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    Just fixed this for my daughter.

1- Close SWGOH.
    9- Open SWGOH.
    10- When prompted, choose "Continue". (The message about level 0 and new games is confusingly stated).
    11- Your Guest game will now become your Game Center game on your original iTunes account.

Hope this helps someone.

+ 1
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    @Phlebotomy_Jones May i ask do u happen to know the solution to account reset due to ios update?
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Pion3o wrote: »
    @Phlebotomy_Jones May i ask do u happen to know the solution to account reset due to ios update?

Sorry, I haven't encountered that particular problem.

iOS update shouldn't reset a game account, at least it hasn't ever on the devices I manage at home - including my daughter's non-Game Center linked SWGOH guest game.

If it did, I might try to restore from a current, full (encrypted) backup, if I had one, using iTunes - especially if the game hadn't been linked to Game Center.

An iCloud backup might not include the saved guest game (no way for me to easily verify that), and there's no reason for iOS to keep backup files if you've uninstalled an app or game...again no easy way to verify that.

I'd guess though that if SWGOH was deleted prior to an update, then reinstalled, that the guest game might be permanently gone as there would be no game files left behind following the uninstall.

Moving a guest to Game Center was relatively simple, as the game save file was still there. In your case, there's likely no saved game file left on the device. If you can restore it from a backup, then you can connect it to Game Center and your worries end.

Success depends upon your backups…and whether the saved guest game gets restored from a backup whether iCloud or iTunes. If it's not in a backup, sadly, it's not anywhere you control.

That would mean the only chance would be if EA/CG has a server side record of your game and could connect to Game Center for you, which to be honest defeats the purpose of Game Center backups and seems unlikely. While they surely have records of your game, it probably isn't the same data as a save file. And without your game ID code, it might not be possible to locate and might be impossible to recreate from that data anyway - but that's just conjecture on my part.

Sorry I couldn't provide a more hopeful outlook, but good luck recovering your game and I do hope it works out.
  • Pion3o
    51 posts Member
    Thank you i did not have the problem actually.. But have seen other posts on account reset, tot if we could help with this

1- Close SWGOH.
    9- Open SWGOH.

Hope this helps someone.

This didn't work for me, after deleting the Game Center GoH I stayed logged in and opened the app and it took me straight to the tutorial. Anything else I should be doing?

1- Close SWGOH.
    9- Open SWGOH.

Hope this helps someone.

This didn't work for me, after deleting the Game Center GoH I stayed logged in and opened the app and it took me straight to the tutorial. Anything else I should be doing?
    Nothing certain.

I know this works, and have had several others with success. I even just repeated the process on my own game to verify.

Maybe you didn't close the game? Maybe you never started a Guest game, and just need to repeat the process?

As long as you have a recent, encrypted ITunes backup you will be able to restore, so you can try again once a Guest game is present.
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    edited April 2016

1- Close SWGOH.
    9- Open SWGOH.

Hope this helps someone.

OK, this is helpful. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite this easy for me. I was unable to permanently remove the data from Game Center. Each time I opened SWGOH, it simply added it back to Game Center using an old Level 2 account I accidentally created awhile back.

For me, I simply created a new Apple ID on Apple's website. I used that to log onto Game Center and then opened SWGOH. BINGO! I picked up with step 10 above and now I have my guest account (Level 74) linked to Game Center on using a second Apple ID. It is saved and I can use it on any Apple device. AWESOME!
  • Hulk
    3 posts Member
    I was lvl 71 & this is **** to be nice. Reset to lvl 1, 32 heroes...5 of which were max lvl for my lvl
  • Hulk
    3 posts Member
    Fixed it myself, wasn't hard just a little bit of coding...puny EA humans try to steal Hulks game >:)
  • My account has been banned without warning, anyway to resolve this?
  • My account was also banned without warning. Please advise how to resolve this
  • Hulk wrote: »
    Fixed it myself, wasn't hard just a little bit of coding...puny EA humans try to steal Hulks game >:)

How'd u fix it ?? - I'm having the same issue, got reset to level 1 with all progress lost

• I'm about to 'lose' my account after this terrible update.
  • If they are gonna ban me, at least refund my $100 that I have spent
  • Hi there

The power bar isn't decreasing while the character power display on it is decreasing. It makes lot of confusion. Please fix it.

Thanks

1- Close SWGOH.
    9- Open SWGOH.

Hope this helps someone.

I just created a forum account to thank Phlebotomy_Jones for this. It worked. My level 73 game transferred to Gamecenter. You have to make a leap of faith at Step 10 when the game says it will transfer your Level 0 game. (Leap after encrypted back up of course.)

I had emailed EA Help about this first and they were useless.

• BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Pezz27 wrote: »
    OK, this is helpful. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite this easy for me. I was unable to permanently remove the data from Game Center. Each time I opened SWGOH, it simply added it back to Game Center using an old Level 2 account I accidentally created awhile back.

For me, I simply created a new Apple ID on Apple's website. I used that to log onto Game Center and then opened SWGOH. BINGO! I picked up with step 10 above and now I have my guest account (Level 74) linked to Game Center on using a second Apple ID. It is saved and I can use it on any Apple device. AWESOME!

Thanks Pezz! I was in your same boat... my old lvl 2 account kept coming back even after I deleted it via Game Center. So I followed your advice, and now I have a 2nd Apple ID being used only for Game Center. Not ideal, but better than risking losing the guest account!
  • Pezz27 wrote: »

1- Close SWGOH.
    9- Open SWGOH.

Hope this helps someone.

I had the same problem, lucky enough I saw your response and was also able to saved it with a second apple ID.
    thanks and specially thanks to @Phlebotomy_Jones !!
  • @DieInFire @Itsatrap5000

One is happy to be of service.
  • I can't sign in with Google play because I haven't got the button. I'm 70 level and I don't want to lost My data
    Do or don't there is no try
  • DarthWheaton
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Maybe you didn't close the game? Maybe you never started a Guest game, and just need to repeat the process?

As long as you have a recent, encrypted ITunes backup you will be able to restore, so you can try again once a Guest game is present.

What do you mean "never started a guest game"?

Also for encryptied back ups do those have to be on a computer or can they be in the cloud?
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member

Also for encryptied back ups do those have to be on a computer or can they be in the cloud?

A guest game is simply a game that was started when you weren't logged into Game Center. Guest games are only stored on the device, so if the device fails or is wiped, the game is completely lost. Connecting it to Game Center stores it on Apple's servers.

Encrypted backups can be done on a computer or in Apple's "cloud". According to this site, Apple's Cloud backups are always encrypted: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136
  • BeWary wrote: »

A guest game is simply a game that was started when you weren't logged into Game Center. Guest games are only stored on the device, so if the device fails or is wiped, the game is completely lost. Connecting it to Game Center stores it on Apple's servers.

Encrypted backups can be done on a computer or in Apple's "cloud". According to this site, Apple's Cloud backups are always encrypted: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136

Okay, so I definitely have a guest account because it's the account I play and it's not associated with my Game Center. If I made a new ID would that account be different for my payments as well, like I'd have to put money or add a card to that account separately?
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Okay, so I definitely have a guest account because it's the account I play and it's not associated with my Game Center. If I made a new ID would that account be different for my payments as well, like I'd have to put money or add a card to that account separately?

From my understanding, the Game Center ID is just used for storing game progress and achievements. I don't believe it's linked to purchasing games. However, you may not need to create a new ID. Try following the steps in this thread to log in to Game Center and then start GOH. If prompted to "continue", select YES and your game will be henceforth backed up on Apple's servers. But before you do anything, make sure you have an encrypted backup so if you lose your guest account, you can "restore" from your backup.
This discussion has been closed.