Payout-Time

Achilles
1380 posts Member
Hello there,

not sure about, how you like this idea, but let me spot some points, currently the payout-time is 7pm, this means:
  • you get forced to play exaclty from 18:10 to 19:00 to get a good ranking at payoff, what is hard for people having a social life and a full-time job
  • if you are unlucky, someone attacks you in the last 5 minutes and you lose your ranking seconds before payoff
  • while you get attacked in these last 5 minutes, you cant act by your self, so you are blocked for getting a better ranking
  • if you try to get #1 and the player at #1 just starts a battle to any random opponent and let it just ran out of time, the #1-rank is blocked for while 5 minutes, what probably steals you the chance to get #1
Here my idea to fix all of these disadvantages/bad points:
Just calculate the payoff based on the best position of the last 24 hours, so you can do your arena battles whenever you want - simple - fair - alot of problems solved.

?
Left by design.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

Replies

• I like this idea. Sounds fair to me.
  • It's a good idea which means it won't happen in the game. If you have a bad one that could be in the next update.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    That will result in players getting higher rankings in general every day. To balance this the rewards need to be adjusted (decreased) to no flood the market with currency.

Currently there's the advantage that players actually compete against each other more or less at the same time using tactics to snipe the board leader. That PvP aspect would be lost with your suggestion and it would end up completely like a player vs. Machine.

I once read a post from a guy, that simply specified his time zone to get a payout time that suited him more.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    That will result in players getting higher rankings in general every day. To balance this the rewards need to be adjusted (decreased) to no flood the market with currency.

Currently there's the advantage that players actually compete against each other more or less at the same time using tactics to snipe the board leader. That PvP aspect would be lost with your suggestion and it would end up completely like a player vs. Machine.

I once read a post from a guy, that simply specified his time zone to get a payout time that suited him more.
    The only "PvP aspect" right now is ... when to attack to not get locked out or run out of time. Kinda poor. IMO.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    Hello there,

not sure about, how you like this idea, but let me spot some points, currently the payout-time is 7pm, this means:
    • you get forced to play exaclty from 18:10 to 19:00 to get a good ranking at payoff, what is hard for people having a social life and a full-time job
    • if you are unlucky, someone attacks you in the last 5 minutes and you lose your ranking seconds before payoff
    • while you get attacked in these last 5 minutes, you cant act by your self, so you are blocked for getting a better ranking
    • if you try to get #1 and the player at #1 just starts a battle to any random opponent and let it just ran out of time, the #1-rank is blocked for while 5 minutes, what probably steals you the chance to get #1
    Here my idea to fix all of these disadvantages/bad points:
    Just calculate the payoff based on the best position of the last 24 hours, so you can do your arena battles whenever you want - simple - fair - alot of problems solved.

?

I have said this numerous times. It's the way it should be done!!!!
  • My payout is time is 6. Are all payout times the same for all players on the same server? What if I'm in USA and someone else is Australia or something? I mainly want to know because I like to bump players out of the top 10 with only minutes left until payouts, hehe
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Darth_M8er wrote: »
    My payout is time is 6. Are all payout times the same for all players on the same server? What if I'm in USA and someone else is Australia or something? I mainly want to know because I like to bump players out of the top 10 with only minutes left until payouts, hehe
    It was used to be 6 pm for each player at his/her own time zone ... since daylight saving, its 7 pm for me and i guess its the same for many other ppl.
    Left by design.
  • Hi, this is my first post in the forum. I've been playing for 5 months now. Love the game!
    What I don't like is during the arena fights you get like 5 fights and then you have to wait or kick down some crystals. That would be fine, but meanwhile, other teams are taking your rank and you can't play anymore due to the " cap " so to speak. I feel strongly that once you reach your cap, and cannot compete past your quota without crystals. Your team should not have to lose rank while you basically stand by and watch it happen. Does that seem a fair and doable assessment?
    Resolution : teams that have played their max, without introducing the crystals should not have to lose rank. They should be removed as contenders during this time.
    It's very frustrating to reach 983 or 800, only to come back the next day and your dropped back into the thousand ranks.
  • In reference to the times for payoff, I'm in Arizona. It's still 6pm for payoff.
  • Advanced hour in canada give you payoff at 19h, while in most of the usa states you don't have advanced hour so it's still 18h. Simple, thanks you, don't ask again
  • Tlon
    11 posts Member
    Totally agree that this needs to be changed. My son's bedtime is at 7pm which means I either give up getting #1 for that day, or I play while I am reading him a bedtime story and hope I don't get sniped. Really bad system for anyone with a family, life, etc. who also wants to be competitive in this game. There has to be a much better option than the current one. Even an ELO system (which is actually a terrible idea in a game where you are playing against the AI) would be better than the current system.
  • dokvader
    30 posts Member
    Yes, I was 600 early this morning. back again at 1300. sigh.
  • Nuwonda
    56 posts Member
    the snipe fest starts 15 mins towards payout. good luck getting any battle started in the top 5 bracket...
    it's not about who has the best/strongest team, it's about timing your battles so you lock out other players from engaging with you. So the actual "fight" is not in the matches but rather with the "refresh" button and your luck to be able to start a battle...

Sidepoint, why do we even have that refresh button? To cause additional server stress close to payout time with everyone madly tapping on refresh until they finally get the opponent they want from the bracket that is available depending on position? Why not just make the opponent list scrollable with all the options to pick from, no more refresh nonsense, less server queries, win win.

• Love OPs idea.. would probably even be willing to compromise with some lowered rewards.. but not too much lowered!
  • Original posters ideas are good. First time I reached top 10 on my server and finally started taking the number 1 position here and there I actually couldn't believe how bad the system was. Firstly that you have to "block" battles for 5 minutes, ie. kill your opponent in 1 or 2 minutes, leaving a few shots to finish them, hanging around until your timer is at 4:30 and then finishing the job ... all so that you don't get attacked. Then this whole sniping for number 1 position or when you get to number 1, fighting fake battles to last 5 minutes so that people can't attack you and you can hold onto your position. Really not a good system and could be improved.

Another thing is how positions swap. If I am at position 5 and I beat position 1, then the position 1 player swaps to position 5 and I go to position 1. This isn't a very fair system. To get to position that player should have "been the best" at some point in time. A much better system would be for the position 5 player to go to position 1, the position 1 player to go to position 2, and the position 2 player to go to position 3 and so on. Swapping positions means you cannot just aim for position since the position 5 guy can come and beat you and it actually is better to aim for position 2,3,4 and then snipe the number 1 position close to the end.
  • Hey, what if rankings were rewarded on the basis of your past week's performance, instead of just one day? You could say wins vs losses, multiplied by your opponent's strength, divided by their leaderboard position. Minus sales tax. I'm not being facetious!
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    it would be great if you could press a button and everything rotates every 24 hours around this time. set your own arean payout time.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    Some cool ideas here guys. I like the rank swap idea, i.e 1 goes to 2 regardless of who takes you, but, that would create a system where you are constantly being pushed backwards. it would mean people didnt have to beat your squad to push you back. they could just take the easier targets. It would give you a better idea of the strength of your team though.
  • Nuwonda wrote: »
    the snipe fest starts 15 mins towards payout. good luck getting any battle started in the top 5 bracket...
    it's not about who has the best/strongest team, it's about timing your battles so you lock out other players from engaging with you. So the actual "fight" is not in the matches but rather with the "refresh" button and your luck to be able to start a battle...

Sidepoint, why do we even have that refresh button? To cause additional server stress close to payout time with everyone madly tapping on refresh until they finally get the opponent they want from the bracket that is available depending on position? Why not just make the opponent list scrollable with all the options to pick from, no more refresh nonsense, less server queries, win win.

I think the refresh is needed b/c the ranking changes constantly. Either a push (notification) or a pull (refresh) model is needed for updating the ranking/opponent. I suspect they choose the "pull" model b/c notification is a little more complicated.