Stat Transparency

Prev13
medetec
1571 posts Member
Is it possible for us to get a bit more clarity on all the game numbers in the future? As far as official sources go, there's next to no information about the entire character stat sheet. Some of it can be found on external sites, but that's really not ideal either.

Primary Attribute - adds Physical Damage. Not made very clear but going through different characters will show different stats adding physical damage on the stats screen.
Health and Protection - OK easy enough
Speed - Could be clearer. Determines the rate at which a character gets to take a turn is "accurate" but doesn't necessarily convey it is both determining who goes first and how rapidly a character acts.
Physical and Special Damage - These are awful. The actual number has almost no bearing on the damage a character does because every attack has a hidden multiplier. Very misleading.
Physical and Special Critical rating - ... the numbers, they mean nothing. And the two types seem to operate on a different scale. Maybe? Who can tell.
Armor and Resistance - Reduces damage taken from damage type. Does not say by how much.
Penetration - Nothing wrong here, flat reduction. Yay!
Dodge and Deflection - completely inaccurate. Every character lists 0, every character is not 0.
Potency and Tenacity - Well, at least these are percentages, but still pretty awkward to evaluate.
Health Steal - Stat missing entirely.

Help us devs, you're our only hope.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    This ties in nicely with my Final Jedi Balance Pass thread.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Yeah, some of the same material. Hopefully this kind of stuff can be tagged into a not too distantly future update. Wouldn't effect balance in any way, its just a huge quality of life improvement for all players.

• I would kill many bothians to have transparency on these hidden, game breaking, dodge/deflection stats.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Right? I don't know why so many of these stats are so obtuse or outright inaccurate at this point. It's not gamebreaking but having this all fixed up and readable for players would be a huge quality of life improvement, at least for me.
  • medetec wrote: »
    Is it possible for us to get a bit more clarity on all the game numbers in the future? As far as official sources go, there's next to no information about the entire character stat sheet. Some of it can be found on external sites, but that's really not ideal either.

Primary Attribute - adds Physical Damage. Not made very clear but going through different characters will show different stats adding physical damage on the stats screen.
    Health and Protection - OK easy enough
    Speed - Could be clearer. Determines the rate at which a character gets to take a turn is "accurate" but doesn't necessarily convey it is both determining who goes first and how rapidly a character acts.
    Physical and Special Damage - These are awful. The actual number has almost no bearing on the damage a character does because every attack has a hidden multiplier. Very misleading.
    Physical and Special Critical rating - ... the numbers, they mean nothing. And the two types seem to operate on a different scale. Maybe? Who can tell.
    Armor and Resistance - Reduces damage taken from damage type. Does not say by how much.
    Penetration - Nothing wrong here, flat reduction. Yay!
    Dodge and Deflection - completely inaccurate. Every character lists 0, every character is not 0.
    Potency and Tenacity - Well, at least these are percentages, but still pretty awkward to evaluate.
    Health Steal - Stat missing entirely.

Help us devs, you're our only hope.

+1 Couldn't agree more. Such a fundamental part of the game and clouded in mystery.
  • Dude, this is a Star Wars game, you have to use the force to find the answers you seek
  • Ackbar has a higher physcial damage stat then Rey but obviously that doesnt translate in PvP
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Ackbar has a higher physcial damage stat then Rey but obviously that doesnt translate in PvP

Ackbar at max rank has a 1.745x multiplier on his basic attack, Rey has a 2.21x multiplier on her basic (and a 4.09x multiplier on her special). These hidden multipliers make the listed damage ratings for both physical and special incredibly misleading.

Kylo Ren has a huge listed physical damage rating, but his multiplier is 1.038x, giving him one of the weakest attacks. His basic hits for just slightly more than Barriss while his list physical damage is the 14th highest in the game.
  • Just looking to get a better understanding of certain aspects of the game so that we can make more educated decisions. Looking for a dev to answer some (or preferably all) of the following please:
    1. What is the new armor/resistance formula after the change to armor in the protection patch?
    2. How is physical/special crit rating converted into critical hit chance?
    3. What is the formula that potency and tenacity are used in to calculate the chance to resist an effect?
    4. The deflection and dodge ratings show as zero for every character in game, but characters are capable of dodging without evasion team leaders. What is the innate chance to evade?
    5. Are deflection and dodge affected by other stats, such as agility?
    6. Are the deflection and dodge ratings really zero? Or is this a display bug.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    +1
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Yes
  • Bump. Hoping for a dev comment please
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Bump
  • Bump
  • Would love answers to all these questions as well! Actually just made my own thread about Tenacity/Potency without seeing this, haha.

@EA_Jesse ?
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I was under the impression that potency/tenacity was pretty straightforward: random%chance +potency -tenacity.
    But I'd love to see dodge and deflection stats, and the critical ratings converted to %chance. And while they're at it, cooldown and damage/heal stats in the abilities would be great too.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I was under the impression that potency/tenacity was pretty straightforward: random%chance +potency -tenacity.
    But I'd love to see dodge and deflection stats, and the critical ratings converted to %chance. And while they're at it, cooldown and damage/heal stats in the abilities would be great too.

I think that level difference factors in as well. Either way, it should be simple for the devs to just tell us how it works.
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Bump
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    When they can figure it out themselves I'm sure they'll be happy to report
  • Umm, why would they divulge that information? Players making educated decisions is bad for a game like this, where you can spend significant time and/or money for items, just to have them be garbage at the end. That's the cycle of Freemium gaming. /s
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    kalidor wrote: »

I think that level difference factors in as well. Either way, it should be simple for the devs to just tell us how it works.

If level difference does play a role, even if the stat reported assumes a hero of equal level, I'd be happy. Like 12.1% critical chance for your L70 hero vs. another L70, instead of 467. You know it'll be lower for attacking higher-level heroes and higher when attacking lower-level heroes, but at least it gives you some sort of basis to work with.

Edit: clarification.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Well, rather than retyping all this I'd like to just revisit it as almost nothing has changed. The only update made to the stat sheet in the last month is adding Health Steal, which is appreciated but there is so much more to do.

Almost all of the stats are completely unintelligible or even outright misleading. Another damage comparison: Maxed out. Kylo Ren has a listed (physical) damage rating of 2355 and Rey has 2349. This would lead a player to believe Kylo does slightly more damage than Rey, but with the hidden multipliers...

Kylo does about 2400 damage on his basic, 2600 on Lash Out, and 5000 (8000 with low hp buff) on Outrage

Rey does 5000 damage on her basic, 10,000 on Leverage and 8000 + 2000 to 6000 on Flurry.

Rey does twice Kylo's Damage or more despite having nearly identical visible damage ratings.
  • Bump
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Should never have been released in this state.

6 months of neglect proves it is intentional.

If this thread goes unanswered another week, I will call Apple and ask for a refund of all 1500$.

Its called fraud, and its illegal.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    Should never have been released in this state.

6 months of neglect proves it is intentional.

If this thread goes unanswered another week, I will call Apple and ask for a refund of all 1500$.

Its called fraud, and its illegal.

please elaborate on it being fraude and illegal, i will probably enjoy reading that
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Intentional misrepresentation of the product to manipulate purchases. Fraud.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Intentional release and continued negect of a broken product. Fraud.

Intent makes it fraudulent.
  • I'm especially interested in 4 and 5.
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    There's an interesting start here: http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

However, that's not official.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Nope, this is page 1 stuff.