iClubBabyWhales (iCBW) [Guild Recruitment][50/50]

Replies

• RoBott
    30 posts Member
    Options
    This guild is already #1 thanks to the sense of humor of Oz.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    dogbert wrote: »
    JRA wrote: »
    one huge downside to being F2P is that I can never compete with the big spenders on my server. I've spent $0 and some people have spent thousands to max out their leias and their mauls... It makes me sad knowing that I can't compete with that. Oh wait... Never mind cause I just collected 500 crystals for finishing #1 in arena! Hope all the P2P players know that they wasted their money!

I guess it's all in the squad you have. For me I have to get really lucky 5-6 times in a row the first round to beat the Dooku/Rey/RG triad, and they can still come back and bite me sometimes. I win against them like 5-10% of the time with 1-3 badly crippled toons left. But I've faced the exact same setup as that Phasma squad many times, and I never lose. I beat them 100% of the time with 4-5 full health toons standing by the end. You don't have to reveal secret strategy, but would you mind telling me who you use to deal with the triad of death so easily?

I captured #1 today using my team of QGJ (L), Lumi, RG, Yoda, GS

What I do is use yoda's basic on rey to get him foresite, qgj i use his middle attack with the assist, this drops ray low enough then for GS to use his assist and usually kill her. I do things like set it up so the enemy is just above half and an assist attack will kill them thats how i avoid RG taunting

I don't have a useable RG or GS yet. I've been working on both for a while. I do use QGJ/Yoda though. The problem is I have never found a combo that allows me to kill anybody without setting off RG's magic auto taunt. Also Dooku's 90% stun against Jedi usually gets me if I don't start with Battle Meditation. And Dooku's evasion leader ability is the worst part. I consider it good fortune if I get more than 60% of attacks to stick. I try to hit Rey, she dodges, she gets offence up, and then kills me. If I do damage somebody, RG dodges when I try to dispel his taunt. I actually started doing better by pulling my Lumi, and putting in my 6* Daka. I start with everyone hitting RG until he's gone. Except Daka. She goes after Rey, and I have to hope I keep her stunned for about 3 turns while I kill RG. Only thing that's worked for me so far with who I have.
  • Options
    I simply can't wait. Btw, central time zone for me.
  • Nejeda
    21 posts Member
    Options
    So after reading a bunch of posts about daily guild activities, I don't see anyway to complete tier 7 without spending money. I am not planning to spend any money. I am F2P. I don't have the disposable income to throw away on a mobile app game.

I do want to be a part of this guild but if this is going to be a problem please let me know now before guilds get started.

I've played other games where teams turned into nothing but arguing about who's doing what and not doing what and I really don't want to go down that road again.
  • Options
    Nejeda wrote: »
    So after reading a bunch of posts about daily guild activities, I don't see anyway to complete tier 7 without spending money. I am not planning to spend any money. I am F2P. I don't have the disposable income to throw away on a mobile app game.

I do want to be a part of this guild but if this is going to be a problem please let me know now before guilds get started.

I've played other games where teams turned into nothing but arguing about who's doing what and not doing what and I really don't want to go down that road again.

I think everyone understands this is a F2P guild and will compete the best we can within the F2P restrictions.
  • Options

I think everyone understands this is a F2P guild and will compete the best we can within the F2P restrictions.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    The ones for galactic wars, challenges, and pvp battles will be easy. We should nail those daily. The cantina battle one will require me to be awake at 1am with full energy, get a refresh right before 1, and right after 1 (I like to do 1 refresh a day there anyhow, so no biggie), and then a whole days energy spent. It's going to be murder when I wake up for work the next day, but it's doable. We probably won't hit it every week. The light side/dark side/hard node challenges are insane. I will have to be awake at 1am, AND spend 600 crystals 3 times a week. If I don't stay up to straddle the refreshes at the time my server resets it will require I stockpile energy refreshes before bed, and miss a whole nights regen, or pay 1500 crystals for all of those refreshes in a day three times a week. That's their way of telling all of us non-whales where we can stuff a hot iron rod.

Oh well. We'll do what we can. Hopefully the currency we get to start raids accumulates, so that if we only make it half way there on light side day, we can hold off on a raid until dark side day when we do about the same. Then do a tier 7. If that's the case we could reasonably do 4-5 tier 7 raids a week... That is if the raid itself is doable. We might get torn up in these raids until we're level 80 and fully geared. I know the first new lights side hard node is unplayable for me at 75. All but one of my light side toons are Jedi, and Darth Maul kills 2/3 of my squad thru full protection in a single AoE.
  • Nejeda
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Asmodeius wrote: »

Ok cool. I just wanted to be sure we were all on the same page before the guilds get started. I'll do everything I can to help out the guild while being F2P.
  • Options
    Everyone should know we'll never make energy based days. Hopefully everyone knows that means we need to make GW, Arena, and Daily Activity each and every week. Those are bread and butter for a F2P. The arena day requires a 50 crystal refresh, but you get 52 crystals from daily activities so that is nbd. If we hit those three days, we should grind right along.
  • Options
    After reviewing the information about the raid tiers, I feel we need to save the guild currency and not do any raids our first week let EA work out the kinks first with the whales, think of it like buying a first year model of a car. We already realize that the guild payouts on the lowest teirs 1-4 will be horrible, so I believe we should target tier 5's and hold off on the 6's and forget there even is tier sevens, we need to get the discussion board and communication pathways. Save currency, establish communication then plan to attack the raids at upper mid levels everybody is level 70+, everybody is gear 6+, we cannot compete on teir 6 and 7 yet let's not waste that currency let's set ideal targets with maximum results
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    JoeBlack34 wrote: »
    After reviewing the information about the raid tiers, I feel we need to save the guild currency and not do any raids our first week let EA work out the kinks first with the whales, think of it like buying a first year model of a car. We already realize that the guild payouts on the lowest teirs 1-4 will be horrible, so I believe we should target tier 5's and hold off on the 6's and forget there even is tier sevens, we need to get the discussion board and communication pathways. Save currency, establish communication then plan to attack the raids at upper mid levels everybody is level 70+, everybody is gear 6+, we cannot compete on teir 6 and 7 yet let's not waste that currency let's set ideal targets with maximum results

Did you mean we shouldn't do raids the first week, or shouldn't do TOP TIER raids the first week? I would like to get in on a raid as soon as possible so we can see for ourselves how they work, but I think you're 100% right that the top tier raids are probably out of reach for us at least for a bit. We'll know for sure on Monday. But they have been presented kind of the way GW has in that you will lose toons as the raid goes on, and you can't retreat the way you can in wars.

We're all mid level 70s and I see a lot in this guild who have 5-8 max toons only. The top raid is designed for a decent sized pool of level 80/gear IX/7* and none of us are there yet. Most whales aren't either. Tier 5 looks the most appropriate to cut our teeth on.

• Options
    I think we should let the whales do the raids first, we can accumulate a max of 30k guild coins per day, a level 5 raid is 50k to start, we should save and let everybody else hit the raids before us and let them complain online so we can have an idea of a strategy, if the raids are too hard etc... The online discussions are going to go nuclear, unless we do a low raid we could only do one Monday at the earliest. I say let them waste their time and coins we save ours for a week, that way we can know what's going on, what the time limits are and in week two we should be able to hit level 5 raids every day and leap frog most guilds that squander their resources in the first week, plus we don't know how many kinks are going to be in the raid dynamics in the first week and EA may push an update mid week if there is issues, like a raid only lasting for one hour, we need to save, have an agreed time raids should start and know what we are facing and get max value out of our resources.
  • Options
    Guys I want that HAN SOLO
  • Options
    he's announced in the update notes if you didn't know
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Is the guild open yet? I'm ready to get this thing going.
  • Options
    @DarthMajore is currently making the guild, invites will be going out as fast as we can make them. Thanks for everyone's patience
  • Options
    I've got about 200 energy saved up so far I'm ready to join and spend it
  • Options
    I'm excited in not the only one with a late bedtime!!
  • Options
    We are currently getting an error message when trying to create the guild. Seems to have been reported
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Probably everybody being on at once.
  • Options
    I'm excited in not the only one with a late bedtime!!

Lol it's 5:52pm here in Hawaii
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Almost midnight in Florida.
  • Options
    Well everyone, the time has come and it seems we are having some technical difficulties. I have reported it to EA and I will keep you all updated.

Thank you for your patience and the whale bashing will begin very soon
  • RoBott
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    Well everyone, the time has come and it seems we are having some technical difficulties. I have reported it to EA and I will keep you all updated.

Thank you for your patience and the whale bashing will begin very soon

I somehow managed to get through and am now checking out the whales on my shard, you can see their entire rosters now
  • Options
    Already a guild called whale hunters. That's not us is it?
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    EDIT: The game team is working on this problem right now to stabilize the servers. We have also received reports that there are some players receiving errors when trying to create a Guild, the game team are working on fixing these issues as well.

Hey Everyone,

Many of you are encountering an ErrorCode 3.0 message, asking you for a restart. Please note that this is due to the high volume of traffic on our servers right now. Please be patient as our server catch up to the demand of Guilds being created and Players logging in.

Thanks.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Any progress? It's nearly 1am, and I'm feeling the pull to the dark side of the pillow.
  • Options
    JRA wrote: »
    Any progress? It's nearly 1am, and I'm feeling the pull to the dark side of the pillow.

Head to bed. Won't be able to do anything until EA fixes it which could be anytime