Tips for a new player? (lvl 42)

I very recently started playing this great game and i was wondering what route should i head now. At the moment my squad arena team is just filler but it consists of: Chewbacca 3* gear 4 ,Phasma 3* gear 4 (got her for free :smile: ), rebel pilot 2* gear 3 (he does ok damage and is less squishy than FO TIE pilot, still not good tho), JC 2* gear 3 and Talia 3* gear 3. I just about have Sidious and Luminara and i'm looking for Fett and Dooku in a bit. So i'm wondering my options. It's gonna be one HELL of a grind to 7 stars. As a f2p player i know my odds for getting a few people i'd like are minimal like Jinn, Leia, Old Ben, Lando etc. I am thinking about Rey, Asajj, Savage, Fives and Poggle. I just about know the meta (kinda) and i have surfed around these posts here. Kylo i have no hope for ( i'm at 1D, he's at like 4C) and Vader seems like a daydream right now. I don't really have an interest on Daka. Ahsoka i got 12 shards for in a pack so maybe...
Other characters i have:
Royal Guard 1* gear level 2

Luke Skywalker 3* gear level 2 (got him today)

FO TIE Pilot 1* gear level 3

Jawa 3* gear level 3

Tusken Raider 3* almost gear level 3

Resitance Trooper 3* almost gear level 3

Snowtrooper gear 1* gear level 2

Coruscant Underworld Police 1* gear level 3

IG-86 1* almost gear level 3

Mob Enforcer 2* gear level 2

Phase 1 Clone Sergeant 1* gear level 2

Huge thanks for any responses :smiley:

Replies

• Luke and Tie fighter are beast when you level their abilities and gear. I've won many matches and mission with them on my team. From your list Tusken Raider is the only one I don't have so, I'm not sure how he performs. I just started leveling my Jawa for light side missions. He seams to do pretty well at level 48. He does 1k damage so that's not to bad.
  • Tusken Raider's ok, i have seen some higher level people use him but he really just has his joint attack ability.
  • Your team sounds a lot like mine a few days ago. I'm not an expert, but my approach since then has been simply to focus on building & acquiring 10 characters (5 light, 5 dark) that will serve as the basis for: (1) elite light team, (2) elite dark team, (3) elite pvp team.

So in some cases, it just means leveling, gearing and starring guys I already have who I think will still be on those endgame teams. In others, it's acquiring shards of the guys who I don't have yet but want on those endgame teams. From there I try to take a balanced approach to accomplishing that a little more each day.

You should already be starting to pick up on the nuances of how to get there faster as a pvp player. For instance, when going after shards of Chewy, I only do so in the cantina, where he and Talia are the only character shards I have access to at the moment that I'm interested in -- so I never "waste" my regular energy on hard battles to acquire his shards. I use it on shards of characters that have no alternative acquisition method, and of course gear.

Anyway, this is just the way I've chosen to do it. It feels smart and efficient to me. I will say I did make one purchase, the 5$ crystal daily thing, and its been helpful. I'd spend 5$ on it again, or if they opened up a 5$ Dooku again, but won't spend beyond that.
  • Sidious - Luminara - Jedi (only after he becomes 3* and 4 gear or aboves) - Dooku - Bobba are solid and easy to get.

Luke and Resistance troopers are also good but you do not have team for now for them and combining them with sidous and luminara are not really sync... My brother team is High damage - Low defence ( Ig88, Luke, Resistance trooper/ HK, Chewbacca / Poe, Jedi) Not that good sync but so far quite successful...well there are so many combinations...you just need to try it out by yourself...But Sidious and Luminara are 1st pick to get in Stores...unless you have different mindset or something secret plan for your future team...those two are easy to get and will suit to any teams at the moment similar with Daka, Jedi and Dooku.
  • I actually haven't unclocked the JC or the Talia squad cantina missions yet.
  • Lol...JC is arguably one of the best in this game once you level him to 4* and gear 7 or 8. if its not 4*, he is bad.
  • Lol...JC is arguably one of the best in this game once you level him to 4* and gear 7 or 8. if its not 4*, he is bad.

Yeah i know that he's good and i'll farm him once i unlock that squad cantina mission.
  • Only advice I could give that these other awesome people haven't mentioned yet is Old Daka. It is an unlockable in cantina. At some point for progression into the higher levels of the darkside maps you're going to have to have her. So I would at the very least unlock her and gear her up because there are sets of gear that if you can't beat the darkside missions you will hit a plateau gearing some of your toons.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Only advice I could give that these other awesome people haven't mentioned yet is Old Daka. It is an unlockable in cantina. At some point for progression into the higher levels of the darkside maps you're going to have to have her. So I would at the very least unlock her and gear her up because there are sets of gear that if you can't beat the darkside missions you will hit a plateau gearing some of your toons.

And around when do i really start needing her?
  • Late 50s I believe.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Late 50s I believe.
    Ok thanks but i have another question and i feel like you could answer it ( i swear i've seen you in every single thread). Should i keep going Luminara in Galactic War until she's 7 stars? Because i like Phasma alot too and i REALLY want Poggle.