Guilds and Raids - Q&A

Replies

• byriss
    90 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse also, do you have to raid tiers in consecutive order, or can guild leader select tier 5 or 6 raid as his first raid?
  • byriss
    90 posts Member
    Yes, but I don't have 5 x 7* toons yet, that's the problem.
  • I hope guild name is expressed automatically, for example, [guild name]personal name, just like Marvel Contest of Champions.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    byriss wrote: »

Yikes, I hope you aren't in my guild:) Does your guild leader know you are going to need to be "carried" for a while?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Removed
    Post edited by AdamW on
  • byriss wrote: »

Watching at the daily requirements for Tier 7 , there will be few guilds out there able to do tier 7 raids. Each player will have to do around 7 refreshes of energy per day , which is 50+50+100+100+100+200+200= 800 crystals per day .... if your guildies are going to do that - you are not for this guild , if they are not - they will be aiming for max tier 6 raids, where you will need 6 star characters..
  • How many officer spots will be available. Thanks

Dominic2099. GBH
  • Apostilo wrote: »
    Watching at the daily requirements for Tier 7
    It hasn't been confirmed yet that those requirements (which in turn haven't been confirmed either) should be completed over the course of each day. It could so happen that they would contribute to filling the raid start "pool" but the earned points would carry over to the next day, all the way till there's enough points to launch the raid. Granted, many guilds would try to start raids as often as possible, that's why I suggest introducing a hard limit, cooldown time between the raids, and it better be more than a day
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • @EA_Jesse any news back regarding the name character limit?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • @EA_Jesse, Will they guild reset time impact my individual normal reset time and arena payout time? I'm concerned that i will join a guild and have my arena payout time switch to when I'm driving home from work.
  • @EA_Jesse are the gear pieces for the altered gear going to be Raid and Guild shop exclusive? If that's the initial set-up I understand but will the gear pieces be available elsewhere in the near future?
  • @cosmicturtle333 sorry for the delay! Answered in the main post. The character limit is 28
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 sorry for the delay! Answered in the main post. The character limit is 28

All goods, cheers bro.
  • @EA_Jesse Even though we won't be able to activate Raids until Monday, will we be able to earn Guild Bank currency on Sunday by doing Cantina battles? Important factor to know in advance in order to stockpile the appropriate amount of cantina energy.
  • @EA_Jesse thanks for the info. I'm presuming that the new MK IX & X gear mats will be available, but seeing as we need 50 for each activation of that, how will they be distributed/made available? Will this be more like the shipments area? I'm hoping that we would be able to buy more than 3 at a time. Otherwise it will take a very very very long time to gear up the new parts.

Thanks
  • ReeYees
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @EA_Jesse So... Will we have to choose between purchase toons and gear? I mean, If i want Jawa Engineer I have to stop gearing all my toons? If is the case probably and sadly I'll leave the game... (and probably Nebit will be avaliable only payin the **** 750 crystals, so bye Jawas Team).

Sorry my english
  • @EA_Jesse Before the update drops, can we please have it officially announced on the forum what the schedule will be to earn guild currency by completing in-game activities and what the requirements will be? You've warned us before not to rely on data mined content, but right now, for planning purposes, that's all we have. If we want to stockpile energy, or hold off on doing things Sunday in order to save resources for when the guilds begin, we need to know in what part of the game we need to reserve resources. Thanks!
  • Q: Will there be in-game guild tags for guild members?

A: No, there will not be tags, however you can do a name change now to manually add the tag you’d like to use yourself.

How can I change my name?
    Power! Unlimited power!
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    HUNadmiral wrote: »
    Q: Will there be in-game guild tags for guild members?

A: No, there will not be tags, however you can do a name change now to manually add the tag you’d like to use yourself.

How can I change my name?

In profile there is a change name option just like any app.
  • @Arijit: Problem is that I can't find my profile (tried to tap player level bar, nothing happened)

Power! Unlimited power!
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    HUNadmiral wrote: »
    @Arijit: Problem is that I can't find my profile (tried to tap player level bar, nothing happened)

It will be implemented as a feature in the coming update on Sunday. Guess we will have to wait for it. You will also be able to see your stats.
  • @Arijit, ok, my fault I thought it's on now
    Power! Unlimited power!
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @EA_Jesse

Can we have a secondary rank between officer and member? A rank like raid leader that can start raids but cannot distribute guild rewards.

From my experience in playing other games like world zombination, there are multiple instances where an officer uses the guild currency to buy stuff for himself, then leaves the guild. Of course it is the responsibility of the guild leader to choose his officers wisely...but we do need a secondary rank to start raids , just in case the guild leader is not online.Just don't give the raid leader the authority to manage inventory.

This will really be helpful in stopping thief complaints from flooding the forum.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    Zekex wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

Can we have a secondary rank between officer and member? A rank like raid leader that can start raids but cannot distribute guild rewards.

From my experience in playing other games like world zombination, there are multiple instances where an officer uses the guild currency to buy stuff for himself, then leaves the guild. Of course it is the responsibility of the guild leader to choose his officers wisely...but we do need a secondary rank to start raids , just in case the guild leader is not online.Just don't give the raid leader the authority to manage inventory.

This will really be helpful in stopping thief complaints from flooding the forum.

Not required as nothing announced suggests anything can be transferred or stolen. All the guild gets is currency to start a raid, everything else goes straight to the player.
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    DevTore wrote: »
    Zekex wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

Not required as nothing announced suggests anything can be transferred or stolen. All the guild gets is currency to start a raid, everything else goes straight to the player.

Shared Guild Activities exclusively award Guild Currency, which is used to make purchases in Guild Shipments.

Someone will make the purchases, and someone has to give them out right? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe whatever purchased in the store will be distributed equally to all participating members.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse
    Will any of the guild members reset times be impacted at all by the guild they choose? Like could my arena payout time change, my daily activity reset time change as a result of what guild I'm in?

We're trying to figure advantages / disadvantages to what timezone we choose for our guild. Any additional information you could provide (as in answering a good question I didn't ask) would be appreciated.

Thank you,
  • This guild thing just seems like too much trouble. Not looking forward to this.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 sorry for the delay! Answered in the main post. The character limit is 28

Perfect, the name I wanted is exactly 28 characters. Just hope no one steals my name before I can create it.

I'm assuming duplicate guild names will not be allowed, right?
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    I hope this data mined info for requirements to do the heroic raids daily doesn't stay as is. Some days it won't be too bad, but others it will take thoughtful prep 2 days out, being awake at 1am, missing a significant chunk of energy regen to stockpile it, being forced to farm low reward garbage nodes to make the numbers, and derailing hard node shard farming a couple of days a week (adding months to already slow grinds). It will still take hundreds of crystals daily on top of that. Even then every single member of a 50 person guild will have to participate fully every single day. If even one person doesn't wrap their lives around the game then the other 49 will all suffer.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Perfect, the name I wanted is exactly 28 characters. Just hope no one steals my name before I can create it.

I'm assuming duplicate guild names will not be allowed, right?

I was asking about player names. Guild names may be different.
This discussion has been closed.