Dookus Over-The-Top MEGA Kit

Brimley_Ploom_19
366 posts Member
edited April 2016
So everyone hates Dooku. I know a few reasons but it occurred to me, has anyone noticed how gigantic dookus kit is compared to any other character in game? Let's do a count of his +1's we will call them. Double attack, +1. Counter attack +1. Double counter attack +1. Extra counter attack damage +1. Turn meter gain on counter attack +1. Stun +1. Double stun +1. Stun jedi with regular attack +1. Ability block jedi with regular +1. Dodge leader ability +1. Offense up leader ability +1. Phew! Adding up thats...11 +1's!

Now let's try another worthy character, QGJ. Call for assist +1. Dispel +1. Grant team offense up +1. Leader ability Speed for Jedi +1. Turn meter gain on regular attack +1. QGJ has +5.

Let's try another. Phasma. Grant advantage to party +1. Speed down enemy's +1. Grant turn meter to party +1. Defense down on regular shot +1. Grant himself advantage +1. Party has assist chance leader ability +1. Phasma has +6.

How about Kylo. Dot on regular +1. Heal block on regular +1. Area attack +1. Big attack on low health +1. Specials cool down reset +1. +5 for Kylo.

Let's try Lumi. Party heal +1. Evade bonus leader ability +1. Passive heal leader ability +1. Ability block attack +1. Evade up on regular attack +1. Lumi gets +5.

I also take into account stats play a factor in the balancing of characters. Dooku has low health in exchange for high speed. Phasma has low speed in exchange for high health. Seems pretty fair, right? They both seem to have about equal damage, not much of an advantage there. The real outlier I am seeing is the massive advantage dooku has in utility to his kit than any other character I can think of. .

Replies

• Sounds like you should farm Dooku and take advantage of all these awesome abilities.
  • I dunno about that advice Jekk. This is not sour grapes by me as I have him maxed out, but I tend to not farm things that look too good to be true, as CG is notorious for nerfing things long after they have been farmed to heck. Farm at your own risk.
  • I'm guessing once everyone is done with rg he will be next.
  • I agree. Somehow you have to farm the characters who are powerful but are unlikely to get nerfed (Rey), though you certainly don't want to gamble on investing in Ugnaught, hoping that he'll be the next Royal Guard.
    For me, I had to ask myself what could be taken away from Dooku and I would still find him valuable.
  • Rey is a 99% safe farm, which probably makes her an unsafe farm. I am sticking with Rey though. Dooku could lose a number of things and still be useful I believe.
  • Jekk_Porkins
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I leveled up Nute thinking his leader ability was just poorly-typed rather than an oversight. Now I'm stuck with a 7* that's unlikely to see the light of day. I probably would have been better off had I done a more objective analysis like the one in your original post.
  • elcapitan1800
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Ha I'm definitely farming Ugnaught next. Just for my anti droid team though...
  • With the impending introduction of the Jawa Engineer, Ugnaught may not be a bad "zag" to the inevitable "zig" of droid teams that are likely pop up
  • There are enough toons out there to have an effective anti - droid team, I would imagine. Ugnaught, Datcha, Eeth, I am loling can't even finish the sentence. @Jekk_Porkins, I feel ya on the Nute farm but, if you are a whale.....which most of us are not......Leia under Nute leader is a maniac. There's a video posted in the squads section about it. Granted the video displays high RNGesus, still impressive. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/30004/leia-isnt-that-good-youre-wrong#latest

If you're not a whale, well.....yeah Nute is kind of a panzee imo.
  • I am no whale and unfortunately I don't have Leia. :'(