Yoda post-update

DV_27
967 posts Member
edited April 2016
I was one of those people who complained at first about yodas damage reduction but after a day of playing with him I decided to wait longer to decide how I felt because after a day he felt better.
Anyway it's been almost a week now and I can safely say that While not happy about it, I am completely over the damage reduction because yodas utility has increased tenfold.
Both in arena and GW battles have become longer and what that means for yoda is this:
GW- I've been able to use yodas BM once every battle while still having the long cooldown completely refreshed for the next battle. It makes a huge difference against those phasma dooku Sid and daka type of teams. Previously I wouldn't be able to have BM refreshed for every battle and I would go into the next unknown team realizing afterwards that I needed it. Now, though GW is longer, it's also easier because of yodas BM.
Arena- well this is where I am having more fun than I've ever had playing this game before. And aren't games about having fun after all?
Most yoda users will know about normally having to start with BM straight away to stop all the debuffs from dooku and co. Which I still have to do, but longer battles now mean I can use BM a second or even third time in a battle. And once I use it the next time around, I use it in a way to steal every possible buff around and give it to everyone. Besides being amazingly fun, that second BM as also managed to help me turn around a lot of matches where I had less toons than the opponent at that stage.

All in all yodas utility, I feel, makes up for the damage reduction, in usefulness and simply in having fun.

Replies

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Here's an example, well the best one to look at since I killed Old Ben early to see what would happen. Immensely fun.
    2ehVPdh.jpg
  • Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    I agree completely.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I cannot argue that his utility has been increased even further, i simply don't understand why his damage had to be reduced. It was average as it was already.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    I cannot argue that his utility has been increased even further, i simply don't understand why his damage had to be reduced. It was average as it was already.
    It didn't have to be. But it was so we have to deal with it. Just trying to look on the bright side lol.
    Also there is hope he can get some damage back. Salera mentioned that they're reviewing some of the most discussed toons.
  • Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    DV_27 wrote: »
    It didn't have to be. But it was so we have to deal with it. Just trying to look on the bright side lol.
    Also there is hope he can get some damage back. Salera mentioned that they're reviewing some of the most discussed toons.

If so, I really hope he was thinking about First Order Grounded Pilot since he was nerfed to stay on the ground.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Olfbald wrote: »

If so, I really hope he was thinking about First Order Grounded Pilot since he was nerfed to stay on the ground.
    He was actually. FOTP and anakin were the two toons specifically mentioned in the post John replied to
  • DV_27 wrote: »

He was actually. FOTP and anakin were the two toons specifically mentioned in the post John replied to

Amazing news! Thanks you so much for that info!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member

Amazing news! Thanks you so much for that info!

It's on the first page of the announcement thread he started in general category about still making changes if you want to
    Find it
  • My biggest concern is not his damage reduction, Yoda is doing fine post patch.
    However, Battle Meditation can now be dispelled by QGJ's Humbling Bow, that is the real problem.
    BM = Free Offense Up for your opponent's entire team, if QGJ is there.
    We have yet to get a confirmation on whether it's a bug or not.
  • vincelam58 wrote: »
    My biggest concern is not his damage reduction, Yoda is doing fine post patch.
    However, Battle Meditation can now be dispelled by QGJ's Humbling Bow, that is the real problem.

Not quite. Dispel is resisted rather often - though not always of course
  • After the patch early this week, my QGJ can dispel literally any kind of buff (including Tenacity Up), never fail unless it's a killing blow or evaded.
    Try it yourself.
  • vincelam58 wrote: »
    After the patch early this week, my QGJ can dispel literally any kind of buff (including Tenacity Up), never fail unless it's a killing blow or evaded.
    Try it yourself.

This is true.
    Its screwing up my arena team. I give tenacity to Han to avoid dispelling but now it doesnt work.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    vincelam58 wrote: »
    My biggest concern is not his damage reduction, Yoda is doing fine post patch.

Yeah I've noticed it too and it's also my only real problem right now. I'm hoping it's a bug because there are some aspects of humbling that is definitely not working at the moment so I hope this is one also. But somehow I think not. They might have fixed a bug with it. Tenacity up is supposed to ward off detrimental effects isn't it? And humbling blow isn't exactly applying a debuff but rather a dispel.
    If it isn't going to be changed it just requires some strategy on the proper timing of it. Annoying definitely but I'm still having too much fun with yoda to let it stop me. I'll just have to time it better
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Tenacity up dispel is absolutely ridiculous and i'll say it and i'll keep repeating it until the end of time! They need to fix it!
  • I think Tenacity should be dispellable.

Everything should have a counter. You bring a resistance buff and I'll bring a dispel. It is only single target and has a cooldown. So the rest of your team is still under the protection. I don't see a problem here.

You just seem upset that your buff is being used to give offense up for your opponent. You want all the benefits of a buff with none of the risk.

Not everything in this game has a proper counter. They need to add more, not less. This one should remain.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @OrionPeace You need to stop with your 2 bit lectures. Yoda is already a bum in defense, easily defeated, he doesn't need to also be a bum in offense. Ok? People aren't putting tens of millions of credits into worthless characters to get Yoda, only to find out that he is a liability in defense and now, gotten worse in offense too!

They need to FIX IT!
  • Alexone wrote: »
    @OrionPeace You need to stop with your 2 bit lectures. Yoda is already a bum in defense, easily defeated, he doesn't need to also be a bum in offense. Ok? People aren't putting tens of millions of credits into worthless characters to get Yoda, only to find out that he is a liability in defense and now, gotten worse in offense too!

They need to FIX IT!

I am as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

It is not a 2 bit lecture. It's simply my opinion.

I get that you don't agree. I'm okay with that. If they determine that dispel shouldn't remove Tenacity, I can live with it.

But EVERY buff should be vulnerable to dispel. That's how the mechanics should work. In my opinion.

But I also believe that Yoda's damage need to be increased. He should be more than just a buff machine.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I can live with the damage decrease, though in this meta, where you face CT 5s, Old Bens and RGs at gear 9, it's a really bad idea, though this i cannot leave with. Might as well say 'guys farm for Dooku, Daka and RG, that's the arena takes more skill now that we had in mind...perma stun'. At least Yoda can be a counter, although not an extremely solid one, from what i understand, even in offense! It's already dumb enough as it is! So yea they need to fix it like it was before!
  • Alexone wrote: »
    Tenacity up dispel is absolutely ridiculous and i'll say it and i'll keep repeating it until the end of time! They need to fix it!

I do not agree. Every buff should be dispellable. QGJ being a counter to Yoda is completely reasonable.

If it's a problem for you, build a team that uses Yoda and counters the QGJ dispel. I have and I think my teams performing very well (no 2 on server, 1-2 levels below most of the people in the top 10)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @BoboFoot This will allow top 20 to become re-infested with Dooku lead, RG and Daka! If they aren't already! This is not good!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Stick Asajj and Leia (who is beyond broken in AI and behind RG) and you'll be mass-dispelled first round, then they go to town on you!

And thus, a new meta is formed. A team that can beat every team in offense, yet no team, but a similar one can beat it!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Also NO not every buff should be dispelled especially the Yoda one! Can you dispel stun which is becoming much more of a problem? Tenacity up it's just so that you get protected from the AI that's all. Doesn't do much otherwise. And you will not lose a game in offense if you can't dispel tenacity. However you will lose one if you get perma-stunned!
  • Actually, there are abilities in the game that remove debuffs from your team. If they don't effect stun they should.
  • Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    OrionPeace wrote: »
    Actually, there are abilities in the game that remove debuffs from your team. If they don't effect stun they should.

They do affect stun but not many toons have these dispells you talk about.

Ewok Elder, Nightsister Acolyte, Admiral Ackbar comes to mind.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @Olfbald Wow Ackbar dispels stun? I thought only dots and such...Are you sure?

Still Ackbar can't dispel much when he himself will be stunned.
  • Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    @Olfbald Wow Ackbar dispels stun? I thought only dots and such...Are you sure?

Still Ackbar can't dispel much when he himself will be stunned.

Yes, he should dispell stuns although every negative status effect have a chance to resist the dispell.
    And I think its a valid point you make - it's hard to dispell a stun effect when you are stunned.

I think the only way to prevent the stun to begin with, is via tenacity, or to dodge (evade), and now the tenacity can be dispelled. Yoda is kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    hey guys, just a word to everyone who was worried about tenacity up being dispelled now, in another thread Jesse commented, and although the wording is vague as usual, it appears as though it might be a bug which should be fixed soon.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29780/humbling-blow-bugs-and-something-that-might-be-intended#latest