Customer "Support"

BEWARE!!! Don't bother contacting customer support. I contacted them Friday with some concerns about the update. Saturday, they responded with this:
My name is Noemi, and I am a representative of EA’s World Wide Customer Experience team handling your case I do apologize for the experiences you have had in the game that have affected your gameplay.

I'd encourage you to post this suggestion on our Forums so that our Development Team take a note of it. Forums offer an effective medium to communicate with our team directly as they are an active participant there and constantly checks the feedback and comments posted on the Forums. Interestingly, you can interact with other players as
well. To post your comments, please visit the link :

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28040/4-14-update-thank-you-for-your-feed...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/26898/game-update-4-14-2016

This E-mail is associated with our previous contact session. If you have any problem with your account kindly provide us this case number 23389909 as reference. In case that you have any questions or problems regarding EA, feel free to contact us.

Thank you for contacting us,
Have a great day!

I pointed out why I had chosen to use customer support and not the forum and mentioned that I didn't have the original post to put here as they hadn't included it in their response. Thankfully, the developers had fixed the vast majority of my concerns before I had even heard a response from customer disservice. Monday I got a second response as follows:

Greetings,

I understand your concern but it is sad that we at customer experience, can only help with issues in the game itself, we cannot make changes or correct game bugs. You can however report this at the official forums, so that the moderators and Game experts can take a note of it and investigate this further.

Further, please post your query on the official forums at:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28040/4-14-update-thank-you-for-your-feed...

Moreover, we've created EA’s new Answer HQ. It’s a community initiative to have players share their gaming experience with other players. Please refer:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Galaxy-of-Heroes/ct-p/star-wars-en

Believe me, the moderator team is however collecting data from the community and are examining solutions if they determine enough customers have the problem and the problem is technically addressable with a patch, or if a work around is possible.

We at EA customer service make every attempt to resolve each issue, but sometimes a resolution is simply not possible due to problems beyond our control. For your inconvenience, please accept my personal apology that this problem has negatively affected you.

I hope the above information helps. I apologize for not being able to address it personally, however, please let me know, if there is anything else that you need assistance with, I'll be glad to help.I request you to please update on the same email (23389909) so that we can provide you a higher level of support.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience.
As always, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. By taking a short survey about your experience with EA, you can help us improve our service to you:

https://eahelp.ea.com/en/survey/csat/a1KE000001a1y5EMAQ/

We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance

Regards,
Aman R.
EA Customer Experience

This one was kind of weird to me as I was mentioning an intentional in game concern and not a bug, I have no idea what it is that they actually can do. Anyway, I went to the link for my experience and filled out the form. I copied my response and sent it as a response, thinking that telling them a second time that I wanted a copy of my original message and that it only takes a couple seconds to copy and paste might actually get them to do it. Yesterday, I got this response:

Thank you for contacting EA again.

We understand you concern and also understand that you are disappointed with the latest update rolled out by the studios but there are certain things that you need to understand are out of customer supports scope of support.

We really hope that you would understand the situation.

In case you experience any issues related to any of EA's products/services please feel free to contact us.

Thank you
We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance

Regards,
Prateek B.
EA Customer Experience

No, I am disappointed with YOU at customer service for not doing anything but saying it's not my job!!! My previous message was saying I thought that they, as the EA employees should have either contacted the appropriate EA employee with my concern or copied me my original message so that I could have posted it in the forum without having to rewrite everything I had originally said.

Very long story short, post here in the forum, the developers my not actually respond to you individually, but chances are good they will actually fix the problem, while Customer support will respond to you individually with, nothing is my job, why can't you understand that I won't help you.

Replies

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Customer support isn't supposed to answer your concerns about the update.
    This is the role of devs and community managers.
    Customer support is here to help you if you encounter a bug or have a problem with your account.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Congratulations for learning what customer support is.
  • Customer Support said that they couldn't fix in game bugs. What their job is supposed to be isn't my concern so much as all they seemed to be saying was, we're sorry we can't help you while completely ignoring one VERY simple thing that they could do to help, copy and paste my original message.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    What their job is supposed to be isn't my concern

Well there's your problem. You contact the wrong persons, then blame them for not giving you an answer.
  • no, I blame them for how they responded. I totally get that the specific issue that I contacted them about they couldn't help me with. I was trying to say that I didn't initially understand that what I contacted them about wasn't something they can handle. As EA employees who you would think would care about the customer, I would have thought their response would be we're sorry we can't fix this, but have passed it on to our coworkers who can, in the future contact them via the forum. Or they could have said, we can't help you, but they will in the forum, here is your message to post there. Either of those would have been fine, but it frustrates me to continue to contact them and hear how sorry they are they can't help while not doing the one simple thing that I am asking them to do and they can do easily. It shows a concern about closing the case and not a lick of concern about actually helping the customer.
  • Been there, done that:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21862/so-unprofessional#latest

@Sikho : had he contacted them with a real customers support issue, he probably would have gotten the exact same answer, lol. They copy-paste standard answers without even trying to understand your issue (check my thread). A real disgrace, I don't even want to know how much EA pays them for that kind of lame service, which ends up making their customers more frustrated than they already were because of the issue.

<shrug>
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Merkur0m wrote: »
    Been there, done that:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21862/so-unprofessional#latest

@Sikho : had he contacted them with a real customers support issue, he probably would have gotten the exact same answer, lol. They copy-paste standard answers without even trying to understand your issue (check my thread). A real disgrace, I don't even want to know how much EA pays them for that kind of lame service, which ends up making their customers more frustrated than they already were because of the issue.

<shrug>

Your message had no evidence linked to it whatsoever. You literally just waltzed in here shouting nonsense about how purple mats drops were reduced. No wonder they sent you a copy/pasted answer.

Imagine you're working for a company that sells ketchup, and someone calls your customer support to say "hey, your ketchup doesn't taste the same!"
    What the heck do you want to tell him? You didn't change your recipe or anything, and this guy says it's different. Well guess what, they're not gonna contact the CEO to tell him a crazy customer thinks the ketchup isn't the same anymore.

Even if purple mats rates had decreased, it's a job for the devs, who read the forum. Customer support isn't supposed to care about that.

Please realize that you're not the only one with issues, and that the sun doesn't revolve around you.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Sikho wrote: »
    Been there, done that:

<shrug>

Your message had no evidence linked to it whatsoever. You literally just waltzed in here shouting nonsense about how purple mats drops were reduced. No wonder they sent you a copy/pasted answer.

Imagine you're working for a company that sells ketchup, and someone calls your customer support to say "hey, your ketchup doesn't taste the same!"
    What the heck do you want to tell him? You didn't change your recipe or anything, and this guy says it's different. Well guess what, they're not gonna contact the CEO to tell him a crazy customer thinks the ketchup isn't the same anymore.

Even if purple mats rates had decreased, it's a job for the devs, who read the forum. Customer support isn't supposed to care about that.

Please realize that you're not the only one with issues, and that the sun doesn't revolve around you.

I smiled like an idi0t, slightly nodding, as I read your post. :D
  • There is a reason EA is consistently voted one of the worst employers and the worst customer service. This is one of them. While pointing out where OP needed to go, they also said "you're wasting my time and my job isn't to help you."
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    There is a reason EA is consistently voted one of the worst employers and the worst customer service. This is one of them. While pointing out where OP needed to go, they also said "you're wasting my time and my job isn't to help you."

Maybe because he was wasting their time and their job isn't to help him?
    People shoud try to work in customer service, it really gives you a clearer view of how things work.

Most customers are clueless doofuses who have no idea how things work and no desire whatsoever to learn. They're litterally just here to complain about random things that we cannot fix.

I can guarantee that after the 99th question that isn't even slightly related to your job, you start being a little less preoccupied by the feelings of the person who contacts you with irrelevant questions.

I contacted EA support for an account issue some time ago, and they helped me quickly and solved my problem.
    But once again, I know what I'm doing, who to contact and I actually try to document my demands instead of randomly spouting crazy stuff.
  • I worked in customer service and reading the reply made my head hurt. Redirecting someone is not customer service. Telling someone that isn't my job is supposed to get you fired in customer service because your job is to answer questions.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    What their job is supposed to be isn't my concern

Well there's your problem. You contact the wrong persons, then blame them for not giving you an answer.
    Been there, done that:

<shrug>

x10000000000

To me he was being given a kind response for insisting in something they couldn't help with. I would have just told you Go to **** For the 90th time I can't help you
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    I worked in customer service and reading the reply made my head hurt. Redirecting someone is not customer service. Telling someone that isn't my job is supposed to get you fired in customer service because your job is to answer questions.

I don't know where you worked, but if you took time to answer each mindless complaint with detailed information, I guess you must have answered approximately 10 persons a day.

In this instance, this guy is asking for information that customer service does not have. They therefore redirect him to the forum where those answers can be found.
    This guy gets mad because yeah, why should he go to the forum and actually search for answers when there are people meant to support customers?
    What our little fellow here does not understand is that:

- Nobody gives a **** about what the update means to him
    - Nobody wants to hold his hand while he looks for an answer
    - Customer service isn't here to handle his questions about the update because they likely don't have the answers
    - The forum is a place MADE for these kind of preoccupations
    - Every process is standardized because it would take too much time to create an answer for every single demand
    - He's a selfish individual with no respect for people's work
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    It doesn't matter how wrong or misguided the op's questions and/or complaints were. If anyone can honestly defend those responses as adequate customer service, I feel for your friends and family lol.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I can almost guarantee most of the support reps have not played the game and have very little familiarity with the in game content. The purpose of support is to help you with technical and billing issues. Anything dealing with actual in game content has to be directed to devs, and the forum is likely the only place you'll be able to get in touch with them so the redirect seems appropriate.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Naugrin wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how wrong or misguided the op's questions and/or complaints were. If anyone can honestly defend those responses as adequate customer service, I feel for your friends and family lol.

I can, and have defended these responses.
    It's pretty simple actually: ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

I'd say it's working as intended. You can't blame people for you own stupidity.
  • Hey op. You aren't better than anyone else in this world. You don't fart rainbows. You aren't entitiled to anything. They told you exactly what you have to do, That you aren't the only one with issues, and people are working on solutions. You don't deserve any of their attention beyond that. You are not special.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    They answered!! Don't you feel supported? They even apologized and used the words "encourage". :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • A lot of companies are very scripted and regulated internally in regards to customer service. It limits the troubleshooting and openness, only because going off the script with certain people can be disastrous for companies.

Community managers are a little different than low level customer service representatives. Don't blame the guys on the bottom when it's likely the company at the top, or at least someone higher.
  • zMqrIV3.png

Best post ever! Loved that show :)
  • @Sikho: sadly enough, you missed the whole point, and choosing a food company as an exemple of how to deal with unhappy customers is a very poor choice, since food companies have very specific and strict regulations when it comes to customer support: should a customer call a food product company and complains about a change of taste, the standard procedure is to file the complaint and process it, usually ask the product returned or at least ask for a batch number as reference. It must be documented, like it or not.If a certain number of complaints is reached for the same batch, the quality manager will get involved and further investigations made.

No matter how you turn it, if anyone answers this customer something in the line of : "sorry you didn't like the shape of the bottle" after he complained about the taste, then one day later "oh, was it the sticker on the bottle you didn't like?", he should get fired for either disrespecful attitude or excessive stupidity.

If a customer takes some time to reach out to customer support, he deserves a minimum of respect and consideration in the answer. Simple as that. And getting an answer which indicates his complaint was not understood, maybe not even read, is insulting.

Current customer support is a disgrace, no matter how hard you try to defend them.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    @Sikho: sadly enough, you missed the whole point, and choosing a food company as an exemple of how to deal with unhappy customers is a very poor choice, since food companies have very specific and strict regulations when it comes to customer support: should a customer call a food product company and complains about a change of taste, the standard procedure is to file the complaint and process it, usually ask the product returned or at least ask for a batch number as reference. It must be documented, like it or not.If a certain number of complaints is reached for the same batch, the quality manager will get involved and further investigations made.

No matter how you turn it, if anyone answers this customer something in the line of : "sorry you didn't like the shape of the bottle" after he complained about the taste, then one day later "oh, was it the sticker on the bottle you didn't like?", he should get fired for either disrespecful attitude or excessive stupidity.

If a customer takes some time to reach out to customer support, he deserves a minimum of respect and consideration in the answer. Simple as that. And getting an answer which indicates his complaint was not understood, maybe not even read, is insulting.

Current customer support is a disgrace, no matter how hard you try to defend them.

My example was indeed bad. This does not change the fact that his complaint had nothing to do with customer support. They do not handle balancing, updates or anything regarding the in-game changes made by the devs.

Customer support redirected him to the forum, which was the thing to do, because that's where the devs interact with the players.

He kept harassing them with the same question, and failed to understand that they did not have the answer.

I'm pretty sure his message was read, but what do you expect them to tell him? They do not have the information he wanted.

You can blame EA for many things, but not this specific case.

They answered the best as they could, period.
  • The point I was trying to make, and probably poorly, is that Customer Support is not a blanket customer support. I didn't know that when I contacted them. I had spent like 20 minutes typing up my frustrations only to hear that's not my job. Which is fine, but I wanted a copy of my original message to put on the correct place which is what my subsequent messages were about. It takes a couple seconds to copy and paste which is all I wanted if they weren't going to pass on the information to their coworker who it should have gone to. Finally customer support employee number four passed on my message. My point was customer service is supposed to care about the customer as it's what they're being paid for and they were taking longer to tell me how sorry they were that they couldn't help than it would have taken then to just copy and paste my message back so that I didn't have to take twenty more minutes to rewrite my original message.