anyone stockingpiling shipment tokens?

reizse
1447 posts Member
let's make a fat assumption that no one from arena shipments will further advance my team. would it be wise to stock up on tokens and wait for additional releases?

has there been an official statement regarding adding new characters to any shipments?
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Doubt they add more people to shipments. Its hard to milk gaming companies and whales if everyone can access the same characters.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Doubt they add more people to shipments. Its hard to milk gaming companies and whales if everyone can access the same characters.

Agreed!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    so no saving tokens then? ah well..
    mighty chlorians
  • Well so far there has only been one roster update. They added 1 character to every shipment.

The outlook is good that trend will continue.
  • Disagree. It's bound to happen sooner or later, perhaps later, but there will be a time when enough people start complaining that's there's nothing left to buy
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I read that they're considering rotating the characters. This could mean that the Arena shipment toons might get switched out at a later time. Me, I'm stockpiling. Don't feel there's any other character in there that I really need presently.
  • Cleaner wrote: »
    Disagree. It's bound to happen sooner or later, perhaps later, but there will be a time when enough people start complaining that's there's nothing left to buy

It's been 2yrs and they just updated free packs in HODA with new heroes so, yes I agree later not sooner and complaining will not move the needle.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    I read that they're considering rotating the characters. This could mean that the Arena shipment toons might get switched out at a later time. Me, I'm stockpiling. Don't feel there's any other character in there that I really need presently.
    As long as they wait until I 7 * Lumi, thats fine with me :smiley:
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Reddplague wrote: »
    Cleaner wrote: »
    Disagree. It's bound to happen sooner or later, perhaps later, but there will be a time when enough people start complaining that's there's nothing left to buy

It's been 2yrs and they just updated free packs in HODA with new heroes so, yes I agree later not sooner and complaining will not move the needle.

how about at launch for HoDA? i never played it, but i imagine that the frequency of new characters would be higher at launch than a year or so past
    mighty chlorians
  • I tend to not activate characters. So saving shipments and NOT activating chars that don't hace enough chars is powerful, as you may get a Chromiun or Bronzium for the char, and the all the farmed shards (eg in regular missions) will add to the just unlocked character, and the your stocked shipment savings may take him/her to 7* in one day. Another benefit is you get to borough the character through Allies and explore their synergies, and use others' experiences to decide if investing in the char is really worth it. Eg. If a char is never, ever used in arena except fornone player that you kill easily...maybe that can save you 300 would-have-been Daka shards at a cost of 12,000 energy points.

However the problem is that for thise starting, they need shirt term results and improvements. Now, not later. It's also very hard to save!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member

However the problem is that for those starting, they need short term results and improvements. Now, not later.

right, this was the situation i was in, but no more. i feel as if i have a solid team that can carry me through all the current content at a rate that i'm satisfied with. i have no desire to be rank# 1. top 10-20 is perfectly acceptable. i haven't failed a gw in 14 days. there's not much more for me to do that would require a new character unless they release additional content, or tweak the existing (or a meta shift).
    mighty chlorians
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    reizse wrote: »
    let's make a fat assumption that no one from arena shipments will further advance my team. would it be wise to stock up on tokens and wait for additional releases?

has there been an official statement regarding adding new characters to any shipments?

Sounds like you're exclusively focused on you team for PvP ranking?
    There's plenty of great toons in Arena Shipments that are helpful in LS/DS battles and GW.

Edit: NVM, saw your later comment.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member

Sounds like you're exclusively focused on you team for PvP ranking?
    There's plenty of great toons in Arena Shipments that are helpful in LS/DS battles and GW.

Edit: NVM, saw your later comment.

once the level cap is raised, i may regret my decision not to unlock new characters and farm their gear. there's currently no way of knowing which gear a certain character will equip in advance. so there's the other side of the equation. however, i don't want to unlock characters and gear them up just for the sake of doing so. i'm not a collector type of player, haha
    mighty chlorians
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Well so far there has only been one roster update. They added 1 character to every shipment.

The outlook is good that trend will continue.

They added characters to GW and Cantina shipments. Think it is more because of the movie release than anything. Doubt we will see more characters added except for maybe the characters no one wants. Ewok scout, IG-100, Hoth Rebel Soldier, etc.
  • The only benifit is if they release 2 characters to the same shipment that you want, otherwise you can pretty much grab 2 to 3 shipments per day. Canteena being the exception, where it woyld be best to stockpile the energy instead of burning it on filler characters.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    The only benifit is if they release 2 characters to the same shipment that you want, otherwise you can pretty much grab 2 to 3 shipments per day. Canteena being the exception, where it woyld be best to stockpile the energy instead of burning it on filler characters.

i agree, except that cantina has more useful characters, at least for me. arena has little to offer now and gw has a couple i can 7* in about a month for each character.
    mighty chlorians
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    After I 7* Sidious Lumanari and Phasma, Im gonna stockpile 26k tokens each from Cantina Arena and Galactic War, so when new heroes I want are introduced to those platforms I can 7* them as soon as possible :)
  • reizse wrote: »

how about at launch for HoDA? i never played it, but i imagine that the frequency of new characters would be higher at launch than a year or so past

The free packs had the original cast. If you want the new heroes after the large update which introduce all new heroes you had to buy packs for 38 or 345 gems. Fast forward 2 years and more newer heroes have been added.
  • Destark wrote: »
    After I 7* Sidious Lumanari and Phasma, Im gonna stockpile 26k tokens each from Cantina Arena and Galactic War, so when new heroes I want are introduced to those platforms I can 7* them as soon as possible :)

Good idea! I going to stop buying free packs let those stock pile for future heroes added.
  • I'm saving all my arena tokens, eventually new heroes will be added to the shipments and I'll be ready
  • Save some crystals too for refresh. Otherwise you can keep pace by buying shipments now at 2 a day and then buy 2 a day later...
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • I tend to not activate characters. So saving shipments and NOT activating chars that don't hace enough chars is powerful, as you may get a Chromiun or Bronzium for the char, and the all the farmed shards (eg in regular missions) will add to the just unlocked character, and the your stocked shipment savings may take him/her to 7* in one day.

I came up with this plan a few weeks ago. Seems I am not the only one. The other idea would be to just unlock but not star up all the characters you could for Vader shards.
  • reizse wrote: »

Actually, quite the opposite. As the game progressed toon releases progressed. Hoda gets 2 to 3 characters added a week. Personally that is way too many to me. Hopefully they don't do that here.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • I'll do some stockpiling once I have my full GW team geared. Then it's not hard to stay top 200 (for now) once I cant hold 200 it'll be time to use crystals on refills again lol.

I just want some shots at starring some of my chromium heroes.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Actually, quite the opposite. As the game progressed toon releases progressed. Hoda gets 2 to 3 characters added a week. Personally that is way too many to me. Hopefully they don't do that here.

I would be okay with 2-4 characters a month. It takes 3.5 weeks to 7* a hero from Arena and a bit less from GW. I would like them to give me some time to max and play around with a set of heroes before they bring in new ones.

To answer the forum question...Yes I am stockpiling tokens. I stopped Daka at 79/80 because I don't need her and I have Boba and Fives and rarely use either. I have everyone I want from Arena and GW for now. If my collection grows over 27,000 (about the number needed to 7*) then I will start spending some to unlock heroes I don't have.