Omega Battles?

Gotta say even though these are very easy, I really like that it's a new themed scenario everyday. Are these a permanent daily event or limited time only like the Yoda and Ewok events? I hope they are permanent.

Replies

• Eebers
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely not permanent. I believe they said the normal method for obtaining these materials is once you've hit level 80, you'll have the opportunity to earn one piece a day, perhaps in a battle like these. Don't know if they'll allow a refresh on that.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, they should scale these up, remove refresh and possibly the tier 1 and tier 2,and make them permanent starting arty level 70. Encourages more characters outside of your A team.
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Honestly, they should scale these up, remove refresh and possibly the tier 1 and tier 2,and make them permanent starting arty level 70. Encourages more characters outside of your A team.

No don't remove tier 1 & 2! That's an extra 100k credits a day a few purple ability mats.
  • Options
    Completely agree on these beong an awesome addition! It's neat having the random characters, too. Some days its characters i have leveled up and all three battles are easy, other days like sometime over the weekend yhe only 3 star folks I had weren't leveled up, so it pushed me to level them up and finish the event. Great addition, Thanks dev's!
  • Options
    I think that they should be permanent. If they exist until I get to level 80, then I am going to deliberately slow down my progress so that I do not get to level 80. The extra 112K and purple ability mats are very helpful in my progress of getting other characters upgraded and making them useful. Perhaps at level 79 I will just not gain XP and save up energy and what not, so I can keep doing the event and getting the benefits.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The devs said 12 days. It's just an introduction to the ability material, and a way to get people to spend money to rush up levels and equip them.

• Options
    Completely agree on these beong an awesome addition! It's neat having the random characters, too. Some days its characters i have leveled up and all three battles are easy, other days like sometime over the weekend yhe only 3 star folks I had weren't leveled up, so it pushed me to level them up and finish the event. Great addition, Thanks dev's!

Agreed!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    The devs said 12 days. It's just an introduction to the ability material, and a way to get people to spend money to rush up levels and equip them.

The omega mats are definitely helpful but it's an obvious cash grab by EA/CG. I mean 200 refreshes for ONE more battle!? Then it goes up to 400!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    It was a great idea really. I understand the tiers so even lower level players can get something but it seems strange the omega mat tier is so easy. Shouldnt it be for players lvl 70 and up?
  • Options
    It was a great idea really. I understand the tiers so even lower level players can get something but it seems strange the omega mat tier is so easy. Shouldnt it be for players lvl 70 and up?
    I thought about it and I'm not sure it matters. The players are either way behind on their leader board or on a leader board with no one else that can use the materials yet so no one is getting an unfair advantage. I think the idea is to get some of those omega materials in people's hands before anyone can get them the normal way.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Don't question it. lol Some question why GW is too hard, other question why gearing is too hard, now we're going to start questioning when ability mats are too easy to obtain?!? Oh the insanity. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It's not permanent, soon the only way to get them will be once you reach lvl 80, you'll be rewarded 1 omega material for completing all daily activities (including the current rewards).
  • Options
    Zaikkon wrote: »
    It's not permanent, soon the only way to get them will be once you reach lvl 80, you'll be rewarded 1 omega material for completing all daily activities (including the current rewards).

Well they should keep these events and change the rewards then, because they are a cool idea IMO.