Luminara completely trash now? Bugged?

I feel as if luminara just Isn't viable for arena anymore and I've missed almost every ability block from force push , it never works anymore and isn't it supposed to be 100%? I just feel like she is my weak link

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    The heroes have this passive ability called tenacity. Read up on it.
  • I disagree.
    rethink how you use her.
  • At gear 9 with offense up she crits for 13k. Best heal in the game. Ability block is a bonus.

She is great.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Lumi's potency is 0%
    And the higher the opponents Tenacity is, the more screwed you are if you relies on the ability block
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Lumi rules for me, she's on both my Arena team and my GW-A team. She's a great asset.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Lumi is disappearing in the higher ranks on my shard.
  • Love her but had to pull her for Leia
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Catarra wrote: »
    Lumi rules for me, she's on both my Arena team and my GW-A team. She's a great asset.
    Same, people just dont know how to use her or who to use the ability on

• I finished 11th last night on Nov shard with Lumi lead. Me and one other person in top 20 run her as lead. A few other teams in top 20 have her in lineup.
  • She's still on my arena team. Still viable. I've realized to heal as soon as you see the protection bars getting knocked down. That way the heal-over-time effect counterbalances any further hits for the next few turns and keeps everyone at full health. Her ability block is nearly a guarantee. She hits hard. I actually find her VERY useful.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    She has her uses, I use her case by case scenarios in arena. Typically not my final match to defend over night. She still resides full time in GW team.
  • Yeah I run her with no issues. I'm NOT a speed team but I handle speed fine, StH fine, RG/Rey fine. She utility fits a lot of roles just fine.
  • I know what tenacity is ... Just frustrating that the AI will always get the ability block from their Lumi but mine doesn't . Lumi offers me a good heal but AI usually goes after her first and Dooku squads plague top 20/30 of my shard and it's just lumi down immediately and there's no point of using her heal if my other 3/4 characters are with protection
  • K_G0sling wrote: »
    She's still on my arena team. Still viable. I've realized to heal as soon as you see the protection bars getting knocked down. That way the heal-over-time effect counterbalances any further hits for the next few turns and keeps everyone at full health. Her ability block is nearly a guarantee. She hits hard. I actually find her VERY useful.

I wish this was the case with mine, she used to help me win all of my daily arena bAttles to capture either 1 or top 5
  • I disagree.
    rethink how you use her.

Ive thought of many ways bud she's just seemingly less viable , for me personally
  • Darth_Vlad wrote: »
    Love her but had to pull her for Leia

She seems lethal but I would never use my crystals on packs for her, I usually do refreshes and node refreshes
  • I disagree.
    rethink how you use her.

Listen to the wookie. She'll make a come back wait and see.
  • I'm also using her in the arena and TBH i find her not that useful like the way she once were. I'm planning to take her on gear 9 after i'm done with phasma. because i'm not that convince how valuable she is.

my current arena line up. Dooku (L), Poogle/QGJ, GS, Phasma and Lumi. Once I'm done farming RG and Daka. I'll be replacing Lumi.

Is she really worth it taking to gear 9?

• 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    I'd replace her with anything that stuns, or f's with tm. Having typed that, her force blast will be every other turn at 78 omega 8.
  • I disagree.
    rethink how you use her.

+1

☮ Consular ☮
  • Lumi is still good, but she's not top tier any more IMO. I find myself healing less and less in arena these days, and while her damage output is still great for a healer, it's not enough (especially since her ability block almost never lands). I'm currently farming Daka, and once I get her up to a decent level she'll replace Lumi on my arena squad.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    My ability block hits quite often hey
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Lumi ♥
  • Lumi still rocks IMO
    Guild - Darkside Knights
  • Dropped Lumi for Daka.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    maybe its superstition but i got the feeling force blast gets dogded/deflected completely way more on lvl 6 than it did on lvl5. at lvl 5 it may not have ability blocked your target, but atleast it did damage. it could just be my mind playing tricks on me ofcourse
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lumi is still on my GW team, but I dropped her from Arena late last week in favor of Phasma. I was finding I wasn't really needing her healing to win, and like you, her force block doesn't land as much as I would like. Phasma's specials are much more useful, IMO.

• I haven't used her much, but she seems like she'd be best to recharge tanks (RG) while still being able to do some damage between heals. The Force Blast will be mostly for damage with the ability block being a nice surprise when it works.