Targeting, autobattle, and problems with PvP

Really fun game overall but the PvP has been entirely frustrating so far. Aside from the crappy ladder ranking system (sniping spots) and the false power levels that people have brought up in other threads, my biggest issue is with targeting. With the current meta favoring a squad of tanky healers, 5 minutes just isn't enough time if you aren't mashing your basic attacks. But the problem is, for some reason my heroes switch targets randomly for no reason (no taunts or anything). Then I manually have to change back to the target I want to take down. Having to do this takes up so much time, having to pay attention to whom your hero is targeting every single turn. The autobattle feature would be nice in speeding things along if it didn't suffer from the same problem. I like how you can choose a focus target but it still randomly switches to different targets. This can be detrimental to winning if one of your heroes happens to switch to Dooku and he wipes you out with counterattacks. I've been drifting around top 10 (constantly getting #2) since yesterday and every battle I am either running out of time when I'm close to winning because I do the battle manually in the beginning to get an edge, or I just get rekt from my heroes choosing a different target and either getting counter-attacked to death or barriss full healing the guy I've almost killed.

PvP is the bread and butter of these types of games so unless there is some cool guild/clan/team based stuff in the future, or some big changes to the PvP, I can't see myself playing this for too much longer. Which would be a shame because it has a lot of potential.
Ally Code: 532-599-236

Replies

• Having the same exact problem, so frustrating. I can't kill people fast enough when the whole enemy team is healers/tanks in 5 minutes. And if I do autobattle to try and speed things up, my guys will just start hitting random ****. It's the most annoying thing when you're a hit or two away from offing an enemy only to have them switch targets for no reason and then next turn they heal to full health. This wouldn't be a problem because I always win or am in the process of winning but then I run out of time. This isn't a post complaining about the balance, I think it's fine and I can beat everyone around my level no problem, this is about the system structure and mechanics. I really don't have any other problems outside of PvP so it really needs some work. It'd be nice to get a reply at least
  • Bumping.
  • Please consider this situation. It's minimum required two extra minutes in case of draw, if not, the top ranked will always have the upper hand and will never leave their spots.

I imagine that you're looking forward to entertain people and not frustrating us.

Come on EA!
  • Honestly just extending the timer a couple more minutes would overshadow these problems until they're fixed. Or just make a legit ladder system, make it points based. Use any rts or moba game for inspiration, I don't care which. They work. I have yet to lose a single battle, I always win unless I run out of time in which case I get a draw even though I've almost won. I also just got sniped from the top spot and dropped down to 12th 10 minutes before rewards are sent out at 6pm. Like what is that