Galactic war in 50s

Prev1345
I am finding galactic war excruciatingly painful in 50s that I'm starting to find this game unenjoyable. I have been able to scrap through mid 40s to mid 50s (13 in total after I learn there is a retreat button), but now it is almost impossible at 57.

My team mainly comprise of 6* Sid (gear 7), 6* Lum (gear 7), 5* JC (gear 7), 5* Daka (gear 7), 5* talia (gear 6), 4* Dooku (gear 6), 4* chewie (gear 6). The others I have are Jawa, Resistance trooper, RG, Poe about 3-5 levels behind. I'm mainly FtP other than buying Dooku pack.

The problem is that most of the teams I faced lately are higher levels in purple gears, and mainly dps based with lesser chewie or Bariss around who r my fav teams to fight in GW as they let me heal up n regen cooldowns.

Any tips from pros here for GW at higher levels?

Replies

• Setup a team outside of your main team that is meant to simply burst down the heroe most likely to cause you the most trouble, or create a team full of tanks that can last a full rotation so that all the better cooldowns are used by the other team before you sub your main team in to burst them down.
  • Are you using the hit and run tactic? You have Dooku so it should be even easier.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Raves wrote: »
    Setup a team outside of your main team that is meant to simply burst down the heroe most likely to cause you the most trouble, or create a team full of tanks that can last a full rotation so that all the better cooldowns are used by the other team before you sub your main team in to burst them down.

1. Burst down team is a good idea! My resistance trooper fits that role in the past but after his nerf/bug corrected I got no high damage heroes :( He used to play along with jawa, but both of them fall off the damage meter in 50s. Not sure if I should divert my consular farming for Luke or Kylo to fit that role.

2. This is a good idea to have a team full of tanks. Maybe I should level up RG and Poe or get boba too. Never thought of that, thanks!
  • Are you using the hit and run tactic? You have Dooku so it should be even easier.

Yes, hit and run is key. Dooku rocks for that matter but he seems to deal little damage to purple gear opponents.

• Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I rotate in luminara or barris, han or poe, tfp or leia, phasma or ventress, sitting the injured on the bench. I then bring the injured back in at the end of a fight with ewok elder and JC to heal them all back up (ewok ensures they dont die). Whenever i can, i work my healers cooldowns and han/poe cooldowns. Retreat often. If they have a sid, focus him. If they taunt, or your hero has less than half life, retreat.

I understand that you may not have the same heroes as i used in the example, but each hero has a role, and you need to revolve them. Poe, han, chewy, stormtrooper, royal guard all have the role of taunt for example. Dont throw them all on the same team. In arena it may be normal to run 2 healers but GW is an ironman match.

Rotate your characters, retreat, and take every opportunity to run your cooldowns or heal up.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • To make GW easier:

- 3 healers in your main team along with 2 DPS
    - Got team B and C. D if you have many characters. Level does not matter (for the purpose of wasting their ultimate)
    - Use Retreat button wisely (you need to train and train to know when you need to do this)
    - Use force close if needed
    - Practice makes perfect

Usually I only use 1-2 retreat and win all stages after sacfrificing my team B and C for the last 3 - 4 rounds.
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by KTroy24 on
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    I'm level 54 and I blast through GW easy with the probably 1 death all up

Do you think you could discuss your strategy?
  • The problem is not "blasting" - it's just the TIME it takes to retreat redo the team, retreat etc etc. because the teams we are paired up with are just so much harder than what we have in our roster. The issue is that we have to save characters for 4-5-6 more fights AFTER, unlike arena where the team is reset. No one "blasts" through these teams unless your roster is brimming with multiple 6-7* purples?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2834/i-have-a-bad-feeling-about-this

I'm honestly amazed that a GW run can take way over an hour, and once I get back to work this is not the type of "daily" I wish to have on a regular basis :/
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • I normally do the first few GW battles quickly, then work on my other aspects such as hitting up the new Mats battles, do an Arena, go back and do another GW or two, etc. You have all day to actually get it done so you don't need to burn through it and it gives you something to do later in the day when you get some time as well.
  • Do it do it chew!
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    ccfoo wrote: »
    I am finding galactic war excruciatingly painful in 50s that I'm starting to find this game unenjoyable. I have been able to scrap through mid 40s to mid 50s (13 in total after I learn there is a retreat button), but now it is almost impossible at 57.

My team mainly comprise of 6* Sid (gear 7), 6* Lum (gear 7), 5* JC (gear 7), 5* Daka (gear 7), 5* talia (gear 6), 4* Dooku (gear 6), 4* chewie (gear 6). The others I have are Jawa, Resistance trooper, RG, Poe about 3-5 levels behind. I'm mainly FtP other than buying Dooku pack.

The problem is that most of the teams I faced lately are higher levels in purple gears, and mainly dps based with lesser chewie or Bariss around who r my fav teams to fight in GW as they let me heal up n regen cooldowns.

Any tips from pros here for GW at higher levels?

**** dude. I'm just a lil bit higher lvl than you, but your toons are way more powerful than mine. I finish GW about 40 to 45% of the time. I wish I had some advice.
    I actually pull teams that are easy to handle more times then not. My only prob is I usually pull one team that I can't beat.
    If you awesome team had my pulls....we would never lose haha.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Fantazy wrote: »
    The problem is not "blasting" - it's just the TIME it takes to retreat redo the team, retreat etc etc. because the teams we are paired up with are just so much harder than what we have in our roster. The issue is that we have to save characters for 4-5-6 more fights AFTER, unlike arena where the team is reset. No one "blasts" through these teams unless your roster is brimming with multiple 6-7* purples?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2834/i-have-a-bad-feeling-about-this

I'm honestly amazed that a GW run can take way over an hour, and once I get back to work this is not the type of "daily" I wish to have on a regular basis :/

Lol I really like GW. The rewards are amazing...there is nothing that compares to it really. GW has lumi and phasma shards. I see no reason to dislike GW until lumi and phasma are 7*.
    That's not even taking into account t the credits and ability mats. Am I crazy? GW is the richest drop of them all right? When you finish GW its a garunteed 5 shards (400 GW credits)....not to mention the 5 or 10 shards you got already.
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    I just don't have enough *s to burst down teams in gw
    In have some spares that can do that job but they mostly die in a 1-1 trade off due to the counter meta; clearing the way for my main squad.
    I find 3 healers works for me with enough of a tanky team to survive the first round of enemy abilities. The enemy cooldown doesn't reset when you retreat which helps. It's tough right now with few damage dealers in my squad that have good survivabiliy. stun seem to help a bit though with the counter ability meta...
  • I just managed to finish GW for the first time today.. FINALLY! haha took me until level 53 to get there..
  • Good advice here, but under the best circumstances FTP players are going to struggle a bit in the 50s. There always seems to be that one team that's a few levels higher that just rips the best strategies to shreds.

I imagine at 60 it gets better. By definition no teams you face will be higher than you, and, without the need to use credits to level heroes, you'll be able to assemble a larger "bench" of max level players.

(I am Level 56, I have 10 GW wins, but 8 of them were in the 40s. I'm something like 2 wins and 4 losses in the 50s).
  • I finished my GW today at lvl 46, faced a team with level 55 Dooku, Ren, Lumi, Sid, and Phasma, vs my lvl 45 Barriss, Lumi, JC, Ren, Maul. I won... I survived the first round, killed Sid, lose my Maul, replaced Maul with Leia, killed Lumi and lost Leia, added in Finn, and was able to finish off the rest of their team. How you use your retreats, how/when you decide to throw bodies at the enemy to burst down their guys at the cost of your own, etc plays a big part in how you do. With enough healers and smart palnning any GW is winnable.
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by KTroy24 on
  • I managed to complete another round of GW yesterday! I have a new strategy now, and that is to throw chewie with 2 other weak toons before my main team which makes the opposing team waste their AOE and special attacks. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't, not sure if there is a gauge in the game for AI to use AOE or not. In the past I just throw a bunch of weak toons and they all get massacred in the first round before all the enemies waste their specials.

Hope it works out again today :)
  • I look a lot of my level 1 heroes that i plan to level up someday, and i leveled them all to the 40-45 range so that i could use them as fodder in GW for the time being. Its pretty cheap to get them to 40, and just used my change at the end of each day to slowly get them into this range. Im not sure that it is the best use of resources, but it is a really big help. I can send in a team of 40s to absorb the first round of specials, qnd then retreat with most of them still alive to be fodder on the next node.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • I've faced from the 1/2 point of GW since lvl 49 almost all 5-7* epic 60 lvls I got lucky today and only hit 2 of those in the final 4, 4 and 3, then got to end with guys my lvl and only 3-4 epic gears so that was nice.

• My gw finishing ratio is about 3:1 but i feel it is getting harder and harder.

Every time i get careless in early stages i would recieve heavy damage and destroyed in following rounds. So i have to tell my self to go slow but sure in every fight in gw.
  • I'm 57 and still find GW relatively easy. Just level up a bunch of characters. It's super easy, But like others said knowing when to retreat, when to force close, and when to send in a suicide team is crucial and key to success.
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Yea, it's not much of a secret. GW has been easy after getting a 3rd healer(Daka) and when you get everyone to purple gear. Just retreat/force close at the right and should be easy. You can 1-team it most of the time doing those things. It also gets a lot easier once you get to level 58 when JC gets his heal cooldown reduced again.

• the key is retreating and subbing out individuals. you have to stop trying to play it like A squad, B squad, C squad. GW doesn't play the same as the arena, and I find that as long as you can try to level about 7-8 guys with decent gear, you can easily coast through GW.

Also remember to eliminate cool downs when they have chewie or han or barriss
  • I CAN'T eliminate the Cooldowns of my Toons, cause the last enemy Hero (Barris, Chewi etc.) is almost always not tanky enough to resist my Standard Attacks.

Today I lost my 9 Fight and Gain only 600 Green Tokens.

With this Spoil on every Day it will take SOOOOOO long make Luminara 7*.

Could someone help me there?
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I just got my 6* Lumi today and it only took me 2.5 weeks
  • I'm level 56 atm and I have finished GW everyday since I've unlocked it (except the first day). I have 6* sid 6* resistance pilote 5* JC 4* Vader 5* Daka and 4* Bariss (Daka and Bariss are bronzium pulls!).
  • I'm level 56 atm and I have finished GW everyday since I've unlocked it (except the first day). I have 6* sid 6* resistance pilote 5* JC 4* Vader 5* Daka and 4* Bariss (Daka and Bariss are bronzium pulls!).

@ShadowHound
    Good man :smile:
  • 5* vader already ? o.0