Galactic war in 50s

Replies

• I am in the same boat ToBakai. 600 a day is slowing me down to a crawl. I think I need to get 1 more healer. I have 6* JC and 5* Lumi but talia just isn't considered a healer anymore so I can't use her. She is soooo slow and gets wiped before she can drop a heal. Guess i need Daka but i really hate her. I'm currently saving all my arena tokens for the next release of toons. I hope yoda is in the arena shipments and he is a healer.

I just get mad when i hit 4 dooku/Sid/Phasma teams in a row and get smoked before I even start the round. GW is very hard for me right now.
  • I'm just really discouraged because every day between battle 8-10 I get a team that just does insane stuff like Dooku managing to constantly attack 3-4 times, or none of my buffs/debuffs stick and the AI procs 100% I don't want nerfs, I know it's RNG and I know how to fight various teams. Say I put in fodder, everyone wiped. Put in C team, AI goes first, wipes everyone except one or two. Retreat, put in some of B team, AI goes first, wipes the rest of C team. Retreat fill in with rest of B team. Take out 1-3 enemy. Retreat put in A team, win round. Win next round, then team after that is too strong to beat with what I have left.

I'm going to keep trying and possibly get better strategies and better luck.

• 5* vader already ? o.0

I think that is 5*Daka and 4*Vader
  • There is no a, b, c, d fghijdkskb team. You bring in whoever you need to deal with the current team facing you
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • ChaseKillz wrote: »
    There is no a, b, c, d fghijdkskb team. You bring in whoever you need to deal with the current team facing you

I was referencing previous discussions. I don't have 30 characters at max level in purple gear. Hence different tier teams to accomplish a specific purpose.
  • I'm at 57 now and have won 14 out of 15 of my last GWs. I usually see at least one and sometimes two 60s during the long road to the end. I have 5 toons at 57, 5 toons between 50-55 well geared. 5 toons between 40-50 that don't completely suck. And then maybe another 5 that are just pure fodder.

I always use Luminara as my leader. Her heal every round is vital to GW (I don't have Bariss). I also use Dooku and Sid for their speed. Speed > everything else when you have the ability to retreat and attack again. I always focus the enemy Daka or Sid first since they are fast and can really wreck your team. Also make sure you have Chewy good and leveled. While he's meh in arena his self-heal combined with Taunt is just excellent in GW.

If I go against a really hard 60 toon then I typically throw a group of high dps low level guys in and have them focus one toon (not Sid since he'll heal himself before they're all dead). Even if they can get him down 2-3 bars that's normally enough for me to wipe him out first round with my A team and it usually eats up some of the AoE from the enemy.

Facing those Bariss/Chewy teams do help charge up though. Keep in mind you can enter a battle with a single toon so if you are facing just Bariss you can head in with Luminara alone. With her self-heal each round she cancels Bariss' attack and Lumi can charge all 4 turns of her heal so she's ready to go in the next round.
  • ChaseKillz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I speak for myself here but I have like 12 hero's that are 50 plus. The rest range from 39-47 and some I haven't leveled at all. With that being said I only really use or 9or 10 in rotation
    Luke, Vader, phasma, dooku, lumi, JC, Daka, Sid, boba fett, and talia.lumi is starred the highest at 6 and everyone else I mentioned is 5 and under.

I haven't lost a gw, other than being too busy that day to finish.

Edit, I also agree, that the opposing Sid should be the first to go.
    467-325-146
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The best advise I can give you is ... give the healers Level 6 healing ability. And I going to lay out hiw to use each healer I know well.

Luminara

At level 6 ability she heals for 40% of her max health, then 20% of each character's max health on next turn, and another 20% of char max health on third turn. On turn 4th you use your second healer, and on turn 5th you heal with Luminara once again.

Luminara's heal-over-time has another advantage - it heals over time regardless of her ability status, so long as she was able to cast her heal originally.

How NOT to use her: you face a level 60 team, they have 2 enemy chars that AoE ability block, let's say Ben and Boba. Both will go AFTER Luminara's turn. Your team likely won't need heal by Lumi's turn, right? You do not heal on first turn, and use her Spexial instead. Next turn Luminara has been ability blocked, maybe for 2 turns. Then she gets stunned by Enemy Dooku or Daka or someone else. So you haven't used her heal for turns 1, 2, 3, 4. She was your primary healer and now you are 3 vs 5...her heal comes too late.

The correct way to play her when facing ability blockers is FIRE HEAL FIRST CHANCE. Her heal-over time will heal 40% of your other chars right when you need it most: first two turns, when the enemy will use all the specials. On turn 3 or 4 use your other healer. By turn 5 you can fire Lumi's heal again. Makes sense? Lumi and Talia are the two healers where early casting may make sense.

Talia

Whoever said Talia is slow and weak, is right. Except that it's a blessing in disguise, and that hear weakness goes away when geared up - she regains health very quickly and will last a long while. My level 7* Talia Regains 20% health every 3 regular hits. About 2.4k regained after 3 regulars.

Here's what Talia does at level 6:
    Heal consumes 20% of her energy and heals 35% of each ally max health. Cooldown in 3 turns!

So with Talia avoid her special attack, and focus on regular + heal. Her Special - reserve it for extreme need to wear down a key glass canon only.

But there's more...she will advance every ally turn meter by 25% each time you heal. Gosh bless her slowness! Each party has used all specials and secret recipes by end of turn 1...except slow Talia who takes last turn (or one of the latest turns)...and she casts a heal - now on turn 2, each ally advances turn meter by 25%. NOw you are AHEAD on at least 4 of enemy chars, they haven't casted any heal (but you did on slow's Talia turn and are in extremely good shape) - and you can now focus-eliminate 1 or 2 chars before their healer can gain a turn.

Talia's regular for some reasons crits A LOT for 2200 damage. And she regains health for 45% of the damage dealt. So when she hits on her second turn, she gains 1000 HP back. How can AI kill this girl if AI usually doesn't focus any character so much? By turn 4, Talia is around 90% health and now Talia heals 35% back of each Ally max health and lands in 70% HP territory - not anprob for her.

There's some more...she is Ability blocked? Lasts 2 turns? She may get 1500 to 2000 HP. She doesn't need any Special to regain health, and can take care of herself. That way, she is never the cause for you casting an unnecesary heal just for her - and casting unnecessary heals costs tou character or starting next battle with Healers on cooldown. Which...will get you killed!

Ewok Elder

I am foong to be short, and I have him at level 3 abilities. This guy is abhard grind, but you need to start farming him from day 1. In GW, occasionally you lose a KEY character. Max him out even if he is 2*. When a key char dies, just bring Ewok when only one low dmg enemy left, along with your healer team. Leave one slot unused (or more!!!). His Special will revive a defeated Ally with ..... 100% success rate, at reasonable 25% health. There she/he is, Your Lumi, Sid or JC is back to the rooster, and since you have a healer ready here (most often a secondary healer so your next battle doesn't start with Healers on Cooldown), and you also have 1-2 low health A-guys there, cast heal, and it will fix them well enough for next battle. The Success stage will grant additional health, so next turn you have a rsther good standing to rinse & repeat. Ewok's cool down is 8 long turns, so you bring him whenever there's Barris or Chewy left, to remive cool down turns. Did I mention he has a 35% chance to revive additional defeated allies when he casts his heal? His heal will be very weak, but there tou have your 88 back for free...hey that was nice, wasn't it?

Daka

She has an effective yet weak heal. But she stuns. She doesn't care if Jedi or Sith ir Droid. She stuns everything. So whike she can act as secondary healer (oftern 3rd in line healer) she will be good to Stun enemyAbility Blockers, or that AoE guy that can wreak havok with his AoE exponential damage (aka Lando). Watch turn meters closely, and make the key enemies lose a turn, sabing just enough time for her (or, ideally, primary healer) to regain HP just before your firends get defeated. She can revive dead people too, with her heal, and with her passive. Erracric, but once every GW she will bring someone back. She is squishy though. But she stuns on her regular, and if you know whi to stun, she come's a selective delayer that complements healing very well.

Ahsoka

Decomision her! She can't heal when you need her!

Cooldowns

If you don't yet know by menory each chars cool diwns, and where they are at every moment in the battle, you need to pay attention and learn this. No amount of whining about GW will do any good...but understanding cool diwns, and when to bring healers and when to retire them (retreat) is key, and the turn meters are key here.

Your gial in GW is to start the next battle with all healers specials active. If you start, and Lumi is on 3 cooldowns, and enemy has stunners and Abikity Blocks, and Sid immunity block lurking around, you will regret it.

Sid

This guy can be upgraded so his immunity debuff lasts 3 turns. And he can do this every turn to a new char. Worst yet, your Jedi's miss and miss and miss. They don't just miss, but they miss on their Specials, which then require 3 or 4 turns to cooldown. If you heal and 2 teammates are Immunity marked, the heal is incomplete. And then very soon you lose a char, or need another heal from secondary healer, you are on full cooldown, no more heals, and a few chars are about to pass. You most likely won't win GW today.

What's wrong? Letring Sid euin your day is what's wrong. Start with non-Jedi team. Talia, Dooku, Old Daka, etc. Heavy hitters even best. Stun him. Stun any taunter. Hit Sid until dead. If you have Sid, don't AoE. You can AoE the second turn just as effectively. Use your first Sid turn to make their Sid immune to heal. Dead? Now retreat and bring your Jedi's for some slaugther.

There....oh wait, some more tips.

Tanks

Talia, Lumi and other healers heal for the Ally max health. Lumi does this for 40% of Ally max health (over time component) and Takia just 35% of ally max. This means on hard games, you can bring more tanky players. If you only have healers like Barris, the amiunt is fixed and her health. But a JC or 7* Chewy can get back to full health easily with healers that heal based on Ally's max. Leverage this to wear down enemies. Why bring your droids to face a heavy AoE enemy? Better bring a tanky team, heal on first turns and apply good damage until 2 chars are green, the replace team with heavy hitters. That barely-green enemy is now sobred it's actually dead. Then retreat this team, a Tanky tram back, can take any enemy it outnumbers, even if not doing heavy damage. Very small risk as your healers (eg. Talia, Lumi) will replenish full energy every 3 turns. You win!

Leadership

It cannot be estimated enough the value of a 13% evasion for nightsisters and 7.5% everyone else. Or any other high evasion. Why? Because while a crit leadership buff can help tou clear 1 threat soon enough, a high evasion acts kind of like a damage deal, and now thise 3 or 4 heal cooldowns are always happening before any death.

I have tested this a lot. A higher evation is better vs heavy hitting enemies than a high crit. Leia's 4 attacks in a row may miss teice. Remember you have already some chance of evasion, and if you use Daka, Sid and Takia (for eg) the extra evasion is amazing protection. I faced all 7* enemies, and I get crushed on anything elase than evasion, because enemy can Defeat 1 ally just before cooldown resets very often. But with extra evasion, that happens very seldomly. And they lose.

Post edited by Preemo_Magin on
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Did you say if you leave a space open and have a dead person then ewok elders revive will revive them even though they were not in team? (because dead people cannot be put in team) Oo

Also his heal is a dispel, so let sid mark a person or two and when you need to heal, throw out his little dance first and npnp nobody dead. I have to use this because I focus more on who I want to play with then who is good and sometimes with 3 jedis on the field and an enemy lumi leader...well you can miss 8 attacks in just 2 turns sometimes...then hit a couple but miss a key 3 in a row leaving bariss to heal him back up...at which point you most likely need a heal ! with his 40% chance (or whatever it is) to gain 50% turn meter on hit, the cd can sometimes be off cd before others have had a couple of turns turns, even though it takes like 4? turns.
  • Thenproblem with Elder is that F2P Elder is likely 2* and 4k health. So an enemy Lumi can one shot-him. The advance turn, and his chance to go stealth, make him last more, and 4 turns may go very fast, in a 4 turn cycle. But still - unless you soend a fortune, he'll be very weak in HP pool.
  • Thenproblem with Elder is that F2P Elder is likely 2* and 4k health. So an enemy Lumi can one shot-him. The advance turn, and his chance to go stealth, make him last more, and 4 turns may go very fast, in a 4 turn cycle. But still - unless you soend a fortune, he'll be very weak in HP pool.
    I almost have him at 3* and I almost exclusively use him when there is only the tank/Barriss is left. His revive will still work, his crazy turn meter helps him reset his CDs quite nicely as well. I was lucky enough to get him with a Bronzium pull and been grinding him ever since (almost a month and still not 3 stars T_T).

Getting him means you do not have to actually get Lumi for GW unless you plan to use her in arena.
  • Your lvl 56 with a 5* vader? Either your lying, or have been not bright with buying so much as to promote that many units and refresh that many shipments with thousands and thousands of gems....because I have spent 600 dol lll at so far and have a vader with 36 frags with being 4* along with starting the game a few hours after it released, I'm level 60 already too, so? Your story is invalid lol
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Talia

Whoever said Talia is slow and weak, is right. Except that it's a blessing in disguise, and that hear weakness goes away when geared up - she regains health very quickly and will last a long while. My level 7* Talia Regains 20% health every 3 regular hits. About 2.4k regained after 3 regulars.

Here's what Talia does at level 6:
    Heal consumes 20% of her energy and heals 35% of each ally max health. Cooldown in 3 turns!

(...)

Well there you are @Preemo_Magin , we're on same server :) finally meeting the other Talia fan xD I thought I was alone here, I saw she's your leader in arena now!

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Tips:
    1. Know your opponents. If opponents have mostly aoe, then dont risk putting ur healer. Burn the aoe by putting tanks or sid plus your feeder teams because it will heal sid anyway. If there are one shot hitter like luke, han or ftp, then put stunner and high speed team to take him down. Then retreat if you may to replenish your hp once the threat was gone.
    2. Always save the best for last. Its obvious gw is progressive. You will encounter the unexpected in 10,11,12 battles. If lumi and jc survived in that round plus your hitter, more likely you will finish the gw. Then your day is complete because you will have additional 15shards of your choosen character :)
  • 1-6 is always "easy"
    7 is a sudden increase in difficulty compared to 6, no progression somehow.
    usually the peak in difficulty is 9-10, sometimes stretches to 8-11 instead.

12 is OK, it's when you're sort of finally fine letting a unit die if another dies too. So less freaking out.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • THERES A RUN BUTTON??? what does it do in galactic? (Im 56 and I only just found this out)
  • 50s not so easy. I battle 3-5+ level that top off my team
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Pilot wrote: »
    I then bring the injured back in at the end of a fight with ewok elder and JC to heal them all back up (ewok ensures they dont die).

Never thought to bring in Ewok Elder (or Daka) as a little insurance when bringing in injured low-health toons for healing vs. Chewie/Barriss/etc... once in a while the RNG hates me and they get crit and die before the healbot can drop the needed heal. Lol. I used to try to bring in Royal Guard (since he's fast) for his armor buff as insurance for the heal party... Chewie taunt works too, but he's so slow.... Solid tip!
    Ewok Elder

I am foong to be short, and I have him at level 3 abilities. This guy is abhard grind, but you need to start farming him from day 1. In GW, occasionally you lose a KEY character. Max him out even if he is 2*. When a key char dies, just bring Ewok when only one low dmg enemy left, along with your healer team. Leave one slot unused (or more!!!). His Special will revive a defeated Ally with ..... 100% success rate, at reasonable 25% health. There she/he is, Your Lumi, Sid or JC is back to the rooster, and since you have a healer ready here (most often a secondary healer so your next battle doesn't start with Healers on Cooldown), and you also have 1-2 low health A-guys there, cast heal, and it will fix them well enough for next battle. The Success stage will grant additional health, so next turn you have a rsther good standing to rinse & repeat. Ewok's cool down is 8 long turns, so you bring him whenever there's Barris or Chewy left, to remive cool down turns. Did I mention he has a 35% chance to revive additional defeated allies when he casts his heal? His heal will be very weak, but there tou have your 88 back for free...hey that was nice, wasn't it?

Whoa, now this I didn't know about... is this totally true?!!!
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • scootle wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    I then bring the injured back in at the end of a fight with ewok elder and JC to heal them all back up (ewok ensures they dont die).

Never thought to bring in Ewok Elder (or Daka) as a little insurance when bringing in injured low-health toons for healing vs. Chewie/Barriss/etc... once in a while the RNG hates me and they get crit and die before the healbot can drop the needed heal. Lol. I used to try to bring in Royal Guard (since he's fast) for his armor buff as insurance for the heal party... Chewie taunt works too, but he's so slow.... Solid tip!
    Ewok Elder

Whoa, now this I didn't know about... is this totally true?!!!

I can confirm that it was a true at least a week ago or so, as I was able to revive a killed off Dooku but haven't tested it since then as I did not lose a toon lately in GW.
  • Today the war was very difficult, i'm lev 57 and i've found since battle 6 all level 60 players.. Mostly purple geared.. I've managed to win only "force-closing" the app when i was unlucky with rng..
  • Okay, for those claiming that you Are breezing through, one or more of the following must be true:

(1) you have invested hundreds of dollars in the game;
    (2) you haven't hit the upper 50s yet; or
    (3) you're lying.

I say this as a FTP player who:

Is consistently top 20, sometimes top 10, in arena;
    Did great in GW in my 40s, decently in the low to mid 50s (ie, I was still completing it about half the time);
    Has a very strong team for a FTP player;
    Knows all the tricks and uses them;
    Has (again for FTP) fast heroes who can get early shots.

And yesterday and today I've run into teams which absolutely shredded me before I could do basically anything. Teams against which there is no defense except a stronger lineup. Which, as a FTP player, it will take weeks to assemble.

This is seriously souring me on the game. May end up quitting.
  • Lorenzo wrote: »
    Okay, for those claiming that you Are breezing through, one or more of the following must be true:

(3) you're lying.

1. Does $55 count?
    2. 58
    3. Look at my face, would I lie to you? :wink:
    467-325-146
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    Okay, for those claiming that you Are breezing through, one or more of the following must be true:

(3) you're lying.

Did great in GW in my 40s, decently in the low to mid 50s (ie, I was still completing it about half the time);

And yesterday and today I've run into teams which absolutely shredded me before I could do basically anything. Teams against which there is no defense except a stronger lineup. Which, as a FTP player, it will take weeks to assemble.

I think that is supposed to happen, the GW is intended to be difficult and we should not be able to complete it every single day unless you have invested a good chunk of money in it.

Now even if you rank 1 in arena every single day you cannot get more than 10 shards per day, the cantina farming with refresh will also net you about more or less 10 shards a day, the cantina shipments 5 shards a day. So we can see that the devs actually did intend you to get about 10 shards a day per farming method (arena, cantina, GW) and if you can complete GW you'll be able to get 15 which is a quite nice bonus.

So think of it in that manner, GW is hard and if you can get your 10 shards per day it is a success everything else is just a bonus.

(3) you're lying.

1. Does $55 count?
    2. 58
    ChaseKillz wrote: »

(3) you're lying.

1. Does $55 count?
    2. 58
    Yes.

To further elaborate: the teams I'm talking about are, generally speaking:

Non FTP teams, starred and geared to the max;
    Heavily oriented to high damage heroes
    With good synergies
    Often higher level.

There is no defense to these teams for FTP players at this point. None. Now, they are still beatable - but get two in a row and forget about it. The incredibly frustrating thing is that I hit 2 of these teams back to back in battles 5 and 6 today. No way there should teams that strong that early.

Look, making GW tough is a legitimate design choice. But as it is, there is WAY too much randomness. Reserve the killer teams for rounds 9 through 12.
  • Stop, I only paid for dooku, everything else with earned in game currency. Bought one 8 pack and one 4 pack, but data card pulls are addictive. So when I had enough I would get a single pull. But I felt the same way you do now buddy. Thats when I decided to use my shipments to unlock more characters . So my Sid and lumi would been 7*s honestly, and I don't regret expanding my character list when I was in my 40s.
    467-325-146
    Stop, I only paid for dooku, everything else with earned in game currency. Bought one 8 pack and one 4 pack, but data card pulls are addictive. So when I had enough I would get a single pull. But I felt the same way you do now buddy. Thats when I decided to use my shipments to unlock more characters . So my Sid and lumi would been 7*s honestly, and I don't regret expanding my character list when I was in my 40s.

What is your go-to squad for GW? I feel like 4 healers + some tanky dps (maybe Kylo) should be able to do it in auto maybe taking manual control in the last battles or against some very unlucky opponents.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2015

(3) you're lying.

I think that this game requires some investment to pay off, $50-100 is good to kick start your toons just by spending on refills.

For me, I have only spent $5 on the Dooku pack, and GW is kinda like a nightmare to me, although I've completed 16 times at lvl 58 now. I didn't know there was a retreat button earlier, and only till few days ago I learn to cheat further by doing force close when my toons die. GW is definitely not something I enjoy spending an hour doing every day. You need at least a solid TOP 5 teams and 2-3 substitute per category (dps, healer, tanks) to find it a "Breeze". Facing full teams of purple gears while mine isn't, 6-7*lum/sid, Phasma or droids combo only at node 7-9 is no joke. If others find it easy, I applause for them.

The good thing is that GW is challenging, the other parts of the game like pressing sims, challenges, even clearing stages and arena (only 5 tries) are like time fillers.
  • ChaseKillz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Heronmar wrote: »
    ChaseKillz wrote: »
    Stop, I only paid for dooku, everything else with earned in game currency. Bought one 8 pack and one 4 pack, but data card pulls are addictive. So when I had enough I would get a single pull. But I felt the same way you do now buddy. Thats when I decided to use my shipments to unlock more characters . So my Sid and lumi would been 7*s honestly, and I don't regret expanding my character list when I was in my 40s.

What is your go-to squad for GW? I feel like 4 healers + some tanky dps (maybe Kylo) should be able to do it in auto maybe taking manual control in the last battles or against some very unlucky opponents.

I never auto. Premature special moves will be used and unusable in the next battle. Against a tough squad. Lumi(leader) ,Daka, dooku, Luke, and phasma/boba. Just to control the first two turns and burst down there sidious and reset.

The way I see it you have two turns before Sid starts handing out healing debuffs, after he's down, if I still control tempo I may keep the same squad and try to kill another target or two but I reset and sub if I have to
    467-325-146
  • I'm lvl 56 and haven't been able to beat it since the first time I played it. I don't get all this retreat stuff and it really seems like a "work around". I'm not 100% sure if that is how you are supposed to play it. I wish we could get some insight on if the dev's determined for retreating and kill squads.
  • Nosnibor wrote: »
    I'm lvl 56 and haven't been able to beat it since the first time I played it. I don't get all this retreat stuff and it really seems like a "work around". I'm not 100% sure if that is how you are supposed to play it. I wish we could get some insight on if the dev's determined for retreating and kill squads.

It is how you're supposed to play otherwise there wouldn't be a retreat button, but force-closing on the other hand is most likely not how they wanted you to play and will possibly get a workaround (tho not in near future I'd wager).

Now you could just roleplay and say my squad will withstand those 12 waves of attackers and emerge victorious and you're free to do so but it is highly probable that you will not be able to complete 90% of the time. Retreat is mandatory and a game feature that is why it is there, and you not using it is making sure that you actually cannot finish it.

I've failed only twice since my start with GW, the first time because I simply didn't know what I should've been doing and the second time I was just simply frustrated and played on auto after battle 8 (lost at 10).