Gear!

Prev1
Sorry to start yet another thread on the topic but I do not feel like any of the "Powers that Be" are listening...and they need to! If you don't like my post, that's okay....just move along and don't reply. ;)

It is freaking insane!!! Good for the precrafting crowd to get a jump on everyone else! Good for them, I mean that! They should have an advantage BUT not a freaking near-PERMANENT advantage! Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible for EA and the Devs to allow this advantage to linger on for months! It is disgraceful!!! If they would just make the gear pieces available and farmable AT THE LEVELS THAT THE PRECRAFTERS obtained their gear to fill those same slots, then we can all just move on with our lives!!! Not doing this is absolutely disgusting! I can see EA Eventually making the gear pieces available at a much more expensive energy cost and then combine that with the fact that these developers have no clue how to program a random 33% drop chance with a MINIMUM drop rate included (like 20%) is beyond me! If you need a programmer worth anything, let me know! I could have programmed this in 1999 via VBScript and Active Server Pages for the web with a SQL server back end! Allowing this disgusting gap to grow is terrible and needs to be addressed before anything else. Fix It and Fix It Right or I could see more people leaving the game!

/rant

Replies

• +1
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    There is a post already which I would guess those contributing to would appreciate your input in keeping it active:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28838/pre-craft-severe-advantage-raid-guild-update-wont-fix-but-makes-it-worse#latest
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    The developers haven't commented on any thread about this. I guess that's the big middle finger on leveling the playing field.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Sorry to start yet another thread on the topic but I do not feel like any of the "Powers that Be" are listening...and they need to! If you don't like my post, that's okay....just move along and don't reply. ;)

It is freaking insane!!! Good for the precrafting crowd to get a jump on everyone else! Good for them, I mean that! They should have an advantage BUT not a freaking near-PERMANENT advantage! Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible for EA and the Devs to allow this advantage to linger on for months! It is disgraceful!!! If they would just make the gear pieces available and farmable AT THE LEVELS THAT THE PRECRAFTERS obtained their gear to fill those same slots, then we can all just move on with our lives!!! Not doing this is absolutely disgusting! I can see EA Eventually making the gear pieces available at a much more expensive energy cost and then combine that with the fact that these developers have no clue how to program a random 33% drop chance with a MINIMUM drop rate included (like 20%) is beyond me! If you need a programmer worth anything, let me know! I could have programmed this in 1999 via VBScript and Active Server Pages for the web with a SQL server back end! Allowing this disgusting gap to grow is terrible and needs to be addressed before anything else. Fix It and Fix It Right or I could see more people leaving the game!

/rant

But if this was 1999 oh things would be different, could we play this on a N64 or a Computer from back then?, cause cell phones didn't quite have the power then and tablets were still made of stone :)
    As for drop rates, welcome to the fun world of RNG, I play Marvel Heroes on the PC and its the bane of gaming for many there as well. But as low results you can get its still nice to hit a streak and get 5+ in a row or better.

O
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    to allow this advantage to linger on for months!

I don't know what you mean with months but the cap raise was 3 weeks ago so it hasn't even been a single month.

Also the gear will apparently be available in guild shipments so no energy cost to obtain.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @Orions you are missing the point! The programming logic is simple and that's what I was trying to convey. If they need me to explain it to them, I would be happy to! That programming logic applied to the Android or iOS development platforms will result in the same results. It is still a client/server relationship. You probably aren't a programmer and that is likely why the point was lost on you.

The additional points are that they are allowing this problem to continue by NOT making the gear available to us IMMEDIATELY in the exact same locations that the pre-craft gear was. That is the most insane part! They have hinted that they will make the currently unavailable gear available...at some point in some way!!!...but that is also what's going to be WRONG! It will likely come at a much higher energy cost which will only make the gap between the pre rafters and everyone else BIGGER and prolong the ability for anyone to catch up for several months, if that! Not only will that be wrong, it will be ignorant. The longer they allow this problem to go on, the greater it will become.

They need to fix this RIGHT, today!
  • @Doga I posted nearly identical thoughts in that thread. This is more evidence that I needed to start this thread because my comments were lost in that one and likely not even noticed since no one commented on them. I also thought that if enough threads on the topic fill the forum then just maybe some of the "Powers that Be" will recognize the true state of the problem.

I also give specific notes as to how this needs to be fixed, not just whining that it is unfair or broken or bad etc. I did not see any quality thorough posts in that thread that said how exactly this needs to be fixed. My thread does that!
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Fair enough @KeyMan64x .
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    KeKattia wrote: »

I don't know what you mean with months but the cap raise was 3 weeks ago so it hasn't even been a single month.

Also the gear will apparently be available in guild shipments so no energy cost to obtain.
    3 weeks + several days before guilds kick in + 7 days until we have gone through a week of it and we are over well over one month....then we need so many of these darn things for each freaking character it will take several months to get all of the gear we need for ALL of the characters that we have! Just because some gear might start becoming available next week does not mean the problem will be fixed next week! Is this logic somehow lost on you?

Yes, it will take several months this way and at a much higher cost! Don't forget the cost part!!!

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Good point @KeyMan64x
  • KeKattia wrote: »

No energy cost except the energy needed for the guild stuff...
  • How the heck is the advantage permanent?

If you have all your characters max gear, how are you behind? You will get full gear eventually.
  • How the heck is the advantage permanent?

If you have all your characters max gear, how are you behind? You will get full gear eventually.

Eventually with these updates seems a bit far
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    I went 1 for 30 on cuffs today :(
  • KeKattia wrote: »

No energy cost except the energy needed for the guild stuff...
    Exactly! And each guild event is different on each day with different prizes more than likely. So for example, say the gear piece you seek is awarded on Tuesdays....and you can get 5 of them....and then you can't farm or go after that item via guild on any other day then it could take a theoretical 10 weeks to get one gear slot filled for one character. Since we are using energy and lots of time to do any of this, yes it be at a much higher cost depending upon how they implement it.

They need to just make these gear pieces available for normal farming in the exact same spots that the pre crafters used to obtain their gear. This will ensure that a comparable energy cost is used, even if we have to go after many more items.

• Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Disgusting disgust, disgusted! Dis. Gust. Ed.

!!
  • gobears21 wrote: »
    I have actually gone through close to 500 energy without getting a purple item I was seeking. They can implement a simple count for an hour time frame for instance and if during that time frame a person goes after an item 4 times and on the 5th attempt the random did not do a drop then it could do a forced drop thereby making a minimum drop rate of 20% when the theoretical random might be 33%. There are many different ways to implement this programmatically and it is sad that it has not been done. It just creates more and more frustration.

• KeyMan64x wrote: »
    gobears21 wrote: »
    I have actually gone through close to 500 energy without getting a purple item I was seeking. They can implement a simple count for an hour time frame for instance and if during that time frame a person goes after an item 4 times and on the 5th attempt the random did not do a drop then it could do a forced drop thereby making a minimum drop rate of 20% when the theoretical random might be 33%. There are many different ways to implement this programmatically and it is sad that it has not been done. It just creates more and more frustration.

As I've suspected and am likely to be right, they subconned all the coding to 3rd world slave code monkeys working in sweatshop conditions. Don't expect too much.
  • Hmmmm, still no quality response from the "Powers that Be." :(
  • I want it all. I want it now. I want it free. Give it to meeeeeeeeeee. I want freeeeeeeeeree
  • I want it all. I want it now. I want it free. Give it to meeeeeeeeeee. I want freeeeeeeeeree
    That is not my attitude at all if that is what you are insinuating. I have spent plenty of money on the game, thank you. I just want fair play and fair access to gear. The gear needs to be available now at the same cost(farming credits) of what the pre crafters had. It's really quite simple.
  • I see we are still being ignored! Why are we being treated so poorly? Why no professional communication? Why can't EA/Devs just do what is right?
  • I'm guessing they don't want to address it because the only way to fix it, from a players' perspective, is to roll back the changes. They don't want to do that because the whole point of the change was to force us to farm extra gear. If they could, they would probably take away the pre-crafted gear from people and un-craft it, but that's too difficult a fix and would cause even more outrage from people who spent crystals/money to pre-craft. Basically, they can't implement their preferred fix, and they don't want to implement the players' preferred fix, hence, no fix and no response.
  • I'm guessing they don't want to address it because the only way to fix it, from a players' perspective, is to roll back the changes. They don't want to do that because the whole point of the change was to force us to farm extra gear. If they could, they would probably take away the pre-crafted gear from people and un-craft it, but that's too difficult a fix and would cause even more outrage from people who spent crystals/money to pre-craft. Basically, they can't implement their preferred fix, and they don't want to implement the players' preferred fix, hence, no fix and no response.

Bad part is i get more purple than blue most of the time...
    All they have to do is make the gear pieces immediatly available in the same places that the old gear pieces were farmed in order to keep the same relative cost. Then life could easily just move on. I would be fine with that. Continuing to delay matters and being rude by not communicating with us is unacceptable to me.
  • Bump
  • gobears21 wrote: »

Same, I swear it's like they just come in and flip the switch off on gear drops for the day.
  • BUMP
  • This thread needs a BUMP! Now that we have raids/guilds etc.... THE F' ING GEAR IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND A COUPLE THOUSAND CRYSTALS NOW! ea, THIS IS disgusting. It is disgraceful. It is unfair that you allowed people to craft the gear ahead of time by just farming but now we are NOT ALLOWED to simply farm the gear. This Royally Sux! Why has EA decided to screw so many people? I am fine fine spending some crystals on farming gear over time but being FORCED to spend thousands of crystals on 1 gear slot is not acceptable. The gear needs to be farmable in the EXACT same spots as where the pre-crafters farmed for their gear so the COST BASIS can be the same. Thousands of crystals is DISGUSTING!!! WTH are you all thinking?...oh, unfair disgusting money grab, I forgot.

@EA_Jesse
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    After 16 Raids I am at 15/50 on the droid caller. Lucky for me I only "currently" need 350 pieces to accommodate 7 characters at their current levels. At this pace I should be able to fill these slots in the neck break speed of 24 months! 350/15=23.3333. How much does EA want to bet that I WILL QUIT THIS GAME BEFORE THAT HAPPENS? All because EA has allowed an unfair advantage to be created in this game. You have proven to me time and time again that you DO NOT WANT MY MONEY and that you would prefer that I QUIT THE GAME. I am sure you will get your wish and just maybe you all will lose your jobs over it.

@EA_Jesse @CG_Dan @CG_JohnSalera @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_RyDiggs

Oh, and by they way, why don't you hurry up and fix all of the Ewok Bugs, not to mention the seemingly endless number of other bugs in the game? You sure as heck fixed Echo crazy fast when he was released with bugs. I have spent money on this game too you know! Fix these darn things already and give us Droid Callers....oh wait, nevermind, you just want everyone to quit so you can find new jobs.