Is this game becoming a chore?

Prev1
So as mentioned, GW is getting longer.
Finding the time to do it and getting a good order down isnt cake work.
As some say they can speed run it, it doesnt mean it is fun

GW, no matter how long it takes, isnt fun.
Same thing with challenges- boring and long.
I side with the idea of sim challenges because if i already beat savage once, i shouldnt have to take the time to beat him 4 more times

Arena isnt even that fun either, mainly because of lack of variance in the toons. There are probably no more than 20 toons i see in my opponent selection all day, and its really dull. A few days ago i played 5 teams with the exact same toons, but a different lineup.

This has already been said, but ill say it again-

Can we please not make everything in this game just a chore? And honestly, is there anything fun about the game?
I still play every day but i dont find it entertaining at this point, just doing chores to keep me with the rest of the pack

Replies

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing that feels like a chore is farming gear that may drop one per energy refresh if you're lucky. Hopefully the guild events will make that easier but the drop rates are still way too low.
  • Options
    Guilds might make it a chore, still enjoying game right now.
  • Options
    The only chore I'm experiencing is slogging through the endless negativity on the forums.
    Think I'll cut back to once a week visits ;)
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    CatoNines wrote: »
    The only chore I'm experiencing is slogging through the endless negativity on the forums.
    Think I'll cut back to once a week visits ;)
    You're doing the same thing they do right now.
  • Options
    Since im usually playing while smoking a cigar and drinking a beer on my porch - im gonna go with not a chore!
  • Options
    This is nothing compared to grinding on a game like WoW. If it ain't fun, don't play.
  • Options
    I don't understand how people can conceive a game to be a chore.
  • Options
    I think she/he is getting at the amount of time put in versus the reward in the game. There are breaking points for many and they are at different times.

I quit a game because it took a full week of grinding with maxed XP pots to gain one level (I did not mention there was 2 of us playing from 2 different time zones. 12 hours separated us in time zones. We each played about 4 to 12 hours a day.). The investment of time versus gain, was not worth it in my opinion at that time. Dying lost 5% experience and it was possible to go backwards, but did not lose a level. I left the character to the other guy. He quit shortly after. My breaking point does not extend out that far anymore.
    Bye Forums.
  • Options
    I'm with you @CatoNines, very tired of the constant response. I think GW got better as did most of the gameplay, my only beef has been the purposeful nerfing of characters. It's a game, love it and play it, hate it and leave it. It's always a choice.
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Please please sort out GW. I've been playing it on and off ALL DAY. It's really putting me off the game. I haven't spent a penny on this game since the update and I won't until GW is sorted. If it carries on too much longer then I'll quit playing because i'm getting really annoyed all the time with the game.
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't get why everyone hates the "slower" GW. To me, the extra time it takes to basic-attack down the last one or two opponents gives all my cooldowns time to finish.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Since im usually playing while smoking a cigar and drinking a beer on my porch - im gonna go with not a chore!

@Bradford30080 - Have you been spying on me in my poker room?!?!? :D

This is how I treat Arena. GW goes with my cigar and morning coffee while the news is on in the background.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Forcing players to do one hour GW for credits each day is kinda a chore. If you skip it you can't really play this game. But dev notes already mentioned they are looking into this. So no need for all these threads :wink:
  • Options
    GW is a unique challenge AND it has become a major chore.
    And it becomes really waaaay harder once you hit like 32k in Arena. Once you meet two dooku led 75 precrafter teams in a row and are still 6-8 nodes away from the finish you either have like five full 7* teams and don't care to lose one Team per node or the game is just a chore because you have to restart over and over until dodge-offence up doestn destroy you.

Also there is an obvious bug where stunned characters - esp. QGJ have their stun magically removed and attack. Had this happen like every second day since the big cahuna update. Makes u have to retreat even more often... Just.... don't....have....the.....time! .... And never would play WoW for that reason!
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Forcing players to do one hour GW for credits each day is kinda a chore. If you skip it you can't really play this game. But dev notes already mentioned they are looking into this. So no need for all these threads :wink:

Yeah well i have been looking into cleaning my car but the extra pressure helps
  • Options

+1 this
  • Options

Lucky you dont have have to clean your car every day.
  • Options

Lucky you dont have have to clean your car every day.

Haaa! Touche'
  • Options

On second thought, even though I clear it, it is a bit tedious. Takes a bit too long with protection and to face back to back to back dooku lead can be infuriating.
  • Options
    It will never be perfect to satisfy everybody. If they change it to suit your expectations then someone else won't like it. It is supposed to be difficult. It should require effort for the reward. I find preparing my daily meals to be a chore, but I have to do it to survive. If you want to make progress in this game you have to do the work. If you don't want to do the work then play solitaire instead.
  • Options
    It all sped up for me a couple days after the update. GW is as fast as before it seems and the challenges are fast and easy (auto). The chore for me is collecting the gear. Holy crap that's an odyssey to get 20, 40 or 50 of Z x this many toons. Hopefully raids will give out more of what I need so I can get some other toons some use.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't mind GW as much as the purple gear farm
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    You're playing a game. A mobile video game. Of course it's not a chore. It's a choice. Good riddance.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    You're playing a game. A mobile video game. Of course it's not a chore. It's a choice. Good riddance.

Which means you'd think I'd be like 'Yay I can play GoH now!' when in reality I'm just sitting here dreading that I still have GW to do...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Which means you'd think I'd be like 'Yay I can play GoH now!' when in reality I'm just sitting here dreading that I still have GW to do...

Ohhhh, sounds like a commitment then...
  • Options
    papy72 wrote: »
    I just don't get why everyone hates the "slower" GW. To me, the extra time it takes to basic-attack down the last one or two opponents gives all my cooldowns time to finish.

*ex-freaking-actly* now instead of hitting every node from 7 through 12 without specials available in go in with them ready. Twice since the update I've used the same squad all the way through with no losses. (Next goal is no losses and no restarts)
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I used to find chores less repetitive though.
    {RotE}
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »

The game has become a chore and a bore. I truly dread GW now and save it for last as it ticks me off so bad.
  • HelloHey
    186 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Skip it

I don't do anything in the game unless I'm bored.
  • Options
    HelloHey wrote: »
    Skip it

I don't do anything in the game unless I'm bored.
    Would put you at a big disadvantage tho