WhipiT's F2P Team For Arena

Prev13
WhipiT
591 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hello fellow SWGOH players I start out of country contract work in three days so I might not be able to log on for a couple months. I want to leave all you f2p players with one last combination of characters that are totally attainable in-game and are quite devestating together as it creates multiple opportunities to attack. When played correctly it can leave the other team in a bad spot before they ever are able to launch there first attack. I personally have gotten off 5 attacks before my opponent got there first turn.

But this combination is even more deadly with AI playing it as the AI has a higher % to trigger abilities thus creating even more multiple attacks. The first combo is purely f2p. The alternate combination is for paying players who might have Dooku and/or Princess Leia. This is not a beat all setup but it is EXTREMELY well rounded on offense and even more on defense. The shining part...it's all free and will at the very least keep you in the top 50-100 even at all 4-5 star without worry of slipping down the ranks further. It's that good on defense.

Free To Play

Captain Phasma ( Lead)
Kylo Ren
55555 "Fives"
Luminara
Luke Skywalker/Darth Sidious/ IG86/Any high single target DPS ((((Dooku if you have him preferably!!!!!))))

The key here is proccing Phasma's leadership ability. Fives works well in this synergy as his call an ally to assist ability can not only trigger when he attacks but can trigger for the ally as well giving a possible four attacks for the price of one special. Did I mention it can activate on his counter attack??? Add Dooku and you have two counter attackers!! Whoever you place on that 5th slot make sure that it's a high Single target DPS with there default ability. Dooku is a MONSTER with this setup as his bonus attack has a chance of triggering Phasma's leadership ability so he can possibly trigger 3 attacks with one counter!!! Luke is 2nd best as his default ability hits extremely hard with a high crit chance. Sidious will do as well but wouldnt be my first choice.

Pay to Play

Murders Row right here with this lineup. It is the best defensive combo that takes full advantage of Phasma's leadership skill I have found. Granted my Tie Pilot is only 5* he packs a punch.

Captain Phasma
Kylo Ren
Princess Leia
Tie Pilot/ 55555 "Fives"
Dooku

This is just a devastating combo and I feel there are so many more posible combination particularly in other First Order Type characters. I am not kidding I have had Leia attack 2-3 times in a row then trigger an ally assist. This I think is more well rounded on defense as you have no need for a healer. Play this combo and you'll see why I say that. Hope this helps someone.

Post edited by WhipiT on

Replies

• Not really sure how you consider Phasma or Kylo... f2p characters?
  • Looks good, I am working towards a similar team right now. I don't have Fives on my short list I overlooked him.

I was thinking

Captian Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    Darth Sidious, healing immunity on basic attack, great AoE
    Luminara Unduli, she hits really hard, easiest 7* in the game, ability block, heal

and 1 of the following I was having trouble picking.
    Darth Vader can hit super hard with all the debuffs and you can get like 5 DoTs going on
    Count Dooku as you said
    Old Daka extra basic attacks and turn into extra stuns
    Jedi Consular extra basic attacks could reduce cool down and allow heal spamming ish
    Asajj Ventress basic attack can stun and remove taunt

• Uanaka wrote: »
    Not really sure how you consider Phasma or Kylo... f2p characters?

They are farmable
  • I figured fives would be beast with phasma, I'm glad someone could confirm this .
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • As for the F2P team, I'd steer clear of Kylo since he'll be a pain to farm....
  • As for the F2P team, I'd steer clear of Kylo since he'll be a pain to farm....

Is this a joke? You can get about 10 shards a day buying 1 refill, that is only slower than GW and maybe Arena.

Also what about first order the pilot? Other than taking a while to be able to farm.
  • Uanaka wrote: »
    Not really sure how you consider Phasma or Kylo... f2p characters?

Android players got Phasma for free when the movie came out, Apple got Poe. Also, Phasma shards are available in galactic war shipments.
  • Phasma is ultra f2p as she is super farmable and kylo is very farmable.... Both free to play
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am actually building a squad like this. Was going to take Daka to 7* but I am going to pause once she is unlocked and get Fives.
    I may try to build a combo multi-attack / stun team. But that will be tricky.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

For some. I manually unlocked him two days ago just from cantina refilling twice a day. Maybe Im just lucky but Cantina shards have always been my easiest farm. I expect to have him 7 starred in 3-4 weeks. May take 8 weeks for some casual players but that's still not bad in my opinion.
  • Randall wrote: »
    Looks good, I am working towards a similar team right now. I don't have Fives on my short list I overlooked him.

I was thinking

Captian Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    Darth Sidious, healing immunity on basic attack, great AoE
    Luminara Unduli, she hits really hard, easiest 7* in the game, ability block, heal

and 1 of the following I was having trouble picking.
    Darth Vader can hit super hard with all the debuffs and you can get like 5 DoTs going on
    Count Dooku as you said
    Old Daka extra basic attacks and turn into extra stuns
    Jedi Consular extra basic attacks could reduce cool down and allow heal spamming ish
    Asajj Ventress basic attack can stun and remove taunt

Very nice! It's really just experimenting with different combinations. I try all kinds lol. I observe my peers and study there combos. It's a lot of fun trying to unlock that perfect balance.
  • Randall wrote: »
    As for the F2P team, I'd steer clear of Kylo since he'll be a pain to farm....

Is this a joke? You can get about 10 shards a day buying 1 refill, that is only slower than GW and maybe Arena.

Also what about first order the pilot? Other than taking a while to be able to farm.

Tie Pilot is something else. It's funny because he dropped a lot for me in my chrono splurging and at the time I was aggravated whenever he would drop. Little did I know in epic tier he would hit like he does. Mine has never hit 11k like the video posted on these forums but I never use Boba as lead. I have hit 9k crits reliably tho with just his basic attack off of a Phasma leadership proc.
  • FOTP wasnt farmable when I put my list together and like Dooku its a long farm but I think he has to have a spot in the list somewhere, probably in place of Dooku?

Dooku has the extra damage on counters and assists but doesnt hit that hard and the Tie Pilot has double the chance to assist off leadership and apparently hits like a death star. Dooku does have a chance to get turn meter though and the faster and more attacks he gets the more chance to proc more attacks. Wish this was like PC games were you can cheat and try everything single player and focus your multiplayer correctly. I need a dev account on a test server.

I dont have CT-5555 so I am not sure how good he is outside of his assist ability, counter is nice though for the AoE teams.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Hello fellow SWGOH players I start out of country contract work in three days so I might not be able to log on for a couple months. I want to leave all you f2p players with one last combination of characters that are totally attainable in-game and are quite devestating together as it creates multiple opportunities to attack. When played correctly it can leave the other team in a bad spot before they ever are able to launch there first attack. I personally have gotten off 5 attacks before my opponent got there first turn.

But this combination is even more deadly with AI playing it as the AI has a higher % to trigger abilities thus creating even more multiple attacks. The first combo is purely f2p. The alternate combination is for paying players who might have Dooku and/or Princess Leia. This is not a beat all setup but it is EXTREMELY well rounded on offense and even more on defense. The shining part...it's all free and will at the very least keep you in the top 50-100 even at all 4-5 star without worry of slipping down the ranks further. It's that good on defense.

Free To Play

Captain Phasma ( Lead)
    Kylo Ren
    55555 "Fives"
    Luminara
    Luke Skywalker/Darth Sidious/ IG86/Any high single target DPS ((((Dooku if you have him preferably!!!!!))))

The key here is proccing Phasma's leadership ability. Fives works well in this synergy as his call an ally to assist ability can not only trigger when he attacks but can trigger for the ally as well giving a possible four attacks for the price of one special. Did I mention it can activate on his counter attack??? Add Dooku and you have two counter attackers!! Whoever you place on that 5th slot make sure that it's a high Single target DPS with there default ability. Dooku is a MONSTER with this setup as his bonus attack has a chance of triggering Phasma's leadership ability so he can possibly trigger 3 attacks with one counter!!! Luke is 2nd best as his default ability hits extremely hard with a high crit chance. Sidious will do as well but wouldnt be my first choice.

Pay to Play

Murders Row right here with this lineup. It is the best defensive combo that takes full advantage of Phasma's leadership skill I have found. Granted my Tie Pilot is only 5* he packs a punch.

Captain Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    Princess Leia
    Tie Pilot/ 55555 "Fives"
    Dooku

This is just a devastating combo and I feel there are so many more posible combination particularly in other First Order Type characters. I am not kidding I have had Leia attack 2-3 times in a row then trigger an ally assist. This I think is more well rounded on defense as you have no need for a healer. Play this combo and you'll see why I say that. Hope this helps someone.

I tried your combo and it triggered very few extra attacks.

This is what I did
    I don't have Phasma myself so I borrow my ally's in the cantina mode and I put fives, Dooku, lumi, tie pilot and 86( I don't have kylo) on the team. I run the team twice. First I control it myself then I let AI take over.
    I can't say I got the result as good as you've described, it wasn't even close. The phasma I borrowed had level 5 leadership.

So did I get it wrong?
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited December 2015

This is what I did
    I don't have Phasma myself so I borrow my ally's in the cantina mode and I put fives, Dooku, lumi, tie pilot and 86( I don't have kylo) on the team. I run the team twice. First I control it myself then I let AI take over.
    I can't say I got the result as good as you've described, it wasn't even close. The phasma I borrowed had level 5 leadership.

So did I get it wrong?

You can see the ability level of a borrowed hero? How? :o I guess you are actually referring to the star level - which has nothing to do with her leadership level.

Anyway, isn't it perhaps too premature to reach such conclusion only after two tries? 16% assist likelihood (which is the maximum under the current lvl 60 limit) is one out of six times and I think she does enable that much, if not more in my limited observations using her.
  • Slippery_Puma
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for this. I have almost all the recommended characters. I don't have Dooku or Kylo so I'm using Sidious and Luke instead. They're all their starter stats but this is working well for me. Especially since I'm not good at team setups. Only been playing a couple weeks. But is Dooku most recommended because of his counter?
    Post edited by Slippery_Puma on
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

This is what I did

So did I get it wrong?

You can see the ability level of a borrowed hero? How? :o I guess you are actually referring to the star level - which has nothing to do with her leadership level.

Anyway, isn't it perhaps too premature to reach such conclusion only after two tries? 16% assist likelihood (which is the maximum under the current lvl 60 limit) is one out of six times and I think she does enable that much, if not more in my limited observations using her.

Well it tells you exactly what the leadership gives you...so it is super obvious what level it is by looking at the numbers on it....

Also I think the point op was making was a lot of forum posts say on defense it seems to trigger abities and effects more, this is different from autoplay option when attacking.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    WhipiT wrote: »

Free To Play

Captain Phasma ( Lead)
    Kylo Ren
    55555 "Fives"
    Luminara

Pay to Play

Captain Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    Princess Leia
    Tie Pilot/ 55555 "Fives"
    Dooku

This is what I did

So did I get it wrong?

Not at all my friend. As stated above it has a "chance" to trigger extra attacks..RNG is a pain lol. I'm not trying to claim at all that this combo is unbeatable. I have lost with it against AI myself. But it is so well rounded that it has performed better for me particularly at holding rank than any f2p character combo I have came up with so far. I have three Lvl 60 accounts with multiple financial investments and effectiveness, from 50 USD to over 1000 USD. That gives me a broad range and oppurtunity to focus on gear and levels on toons that I cant afford to do with my main account. My least invested account which just has Dooku held a lvl 30ish rank since I created the above F2P combo & before I switched I could easily log on and be in the 300's from 30ish in just a day. So I promise I have tested the above combo by trial and error and it is an excellent build. Far from the best as I know thrre are better combos I just haven't found them yet.

But for new players which is mostly what I wrote it for its a good direction to put them into build a well rounded synergized crew.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for this. I have almost all the recommended characters. I don't have Dooku or Kylo so I'm using Sidious and Luke instead. They're all their starter stats but this is working well for me. Especially since I'm not good at team setups. Only been playing a couple weeks. But is Dooku most recommended because of his counter?

I love Dooku in this combo for his speed. He always attacks first with a chance to attack again. So in a perfect world he could possibly attack....trigger an ally to attack....attack again if his bonus attack procs..then trigger another allies attack. In one turn. Thats the only reason besides counter attack I have him in the setup. Once the level cap releases unless they make a more farmable way to advance his stars you will never see Dooku again. So best to find a use for him while he has one lol. Kid Fisto could replace him along with a few others so he is not a must have, just works well for the setup.
  • I think replacing kylo with dooku and using Luke in the 5th spot would be better since they don't compete resource each other
  • _whiplash?
  • I faced one of these Phasma squads in my arena and it did good, probably a work in progress for him though since his Phasma was 4* and his power was around 19k as opposed to the 21-22k teams I usually see.

They used Lumi, Dooku, Fives, Phasma, and I think Sid. They got a decent a few assists off, but nothing crazy like these hypothetical situations. Their squad got a lot weaker once one of their members went down though.

That was the AI using it, so it probably works a lot better when a player controls the team.
  • Slippery_Puma
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I love Dooku in this combo for his speed. He always attacks first with a chance to attack again. So in a perfect world he could possibly attack....trigger an ally to attack....attack again if his bonus attack procs..then trigger another allies attack. In one turn. Thats the only reason besides counter attack I have him in the setup. Once the level cap releases unless they make a more farmable way to advance his stars you will never see Dooku again. So best to find a use for him while he has one lol. Kid Fisto could replace him along with a few others so he is not a must have, just works well for the setup.[/quote]

Thanks. Appreciate the help. I'm not high enough level to farm Kylo yet. But, should I concentrate on starring Lumi or Phasma? Since they're both in the Galactic War shipment. I'm thinking Lumi since she can be farmed elsewhere too but unsure. Dooku will take me awhile. Still have 21 more to go.

• Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

This is what I did

So did I get it wrong?

You can see your allies detail stat by pressing and holding on the character icon in the ally selection menu. You can see exactly his or her ability levels. You can also see it with your own hero. It's quite useful. Try it.

I did try phasma more than twice, I think the assist rate is close to 16%.
  • I love Dooku in this combo for his speed. He always attacks first with a chance to attack again. So in a perfect world he could possibly attack....trigger an ally to attack....attack again if his bonus attack procs..then trigger another allies attack. In one turn. Thats the only reason besides counter attack I have him in the setup. Once the level cap releases unless they make a more farmable way to advance his stars you will never see Dooku again. So best to find a use for him while he has one lol. Kid Fisto could replace him along with a few others so he is not a must have, just works well for the setup.

Thanks. Appreciate the help. I'm not high enough level to farm Kylo yet. But, should I concentrate on starring Lumi or Phasma? Since they're both in the Galactic War shipment. I'm thinking Lumi since she can be farmed elsewhere too but unsure. Dooku will take me awhile. Still have 21 more to go.

[/quote]

Luminara first for sure in my opinion. She really fits into a lot of different synergies.
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    You can see your allies detail stat by pressing and holding on the character icon in the ally selection menu. You can see exactly his or her ability levels. You can also see it with your own hero. It's quite useful. Try it.

I did try phasma more than twice, I think the assist rate is close to 16%.

Didn't know this. Thanks for the tip! B)
  • Phasma really adds a lot to almost any squad, imho... her AoE slow is pretty devastating too. I am really surprised on my server I don't see Phasma leading every squad I face... every Android user should have at least the base version...

Will experiment with the squad in the OP... I don't have Fives (yet) but it has potential for sure. Watching Dooku hopping all over the place with multiple attacks triggered on whatever is pretty awesome as it is.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • WWJDl
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for this thread WhipiT!

Could you give me some additional advice as I haven't saved up for 5's yet:

1) If I have Vader already, can he replace 5555's?
    2) What about Poggle shipments from scratch to replace 5's would that be a better end set-up?
    3) When you say put Dooku in the last slot do you mean, when choosing the team he is chosen last?
    4 (5-->Dooku here?)

Thanks n God bless~
    Post edited by WWJDl on
  • I see fives on both teams, I've unlocked him but switched to Boba based on your and others feedback, seeing as I am slightly closer to getting Fives at 6* is it viable to switch back or is starring up Boba still a viable strategy for the end game. Guessing it depends on the build, Fives for a more offensive set-up?
  • As no one seemed to mention it, phasma's synergy with counters works in reverse also. Dooku/5's will counter attack both the first attacker and the assist attacker as well.