Leveling Time

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
Not complaining, but wondering if the previous level cap raises took this long to hit?

At my current rate, it looks like end of May is about when I'll hit 80. I'm currently doing all the daily with a double regular and one Cantina refresh (I get about 1800 XP per day).

This is a hell of a grind. It must be a fair turn off to new players for whom it might take 4+ months to hit the cap. A good possible package would be a level package that will take you instantly to 70 or something.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• Gala1k
    14 posts Member
    If this package would be offered, one could just make a new account, instant lvl 70 and pwn all newbies in arena.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Gala1k wrote: »
    If this package would be offered, one could just make a new account, instant lvl 70 and pwn all newbies in arena.

I didn't say all character at level 70. Just the player. The character grind wouldn't be any different. And if you priced this reasonably, I'd think a fair amount of players would actual opt for this rather than spending 4+ months grinding the levels and getting pwn'd in arena anyway.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Getting your player level would be pointless. If I was level 80 now, I'd still need to do missions and GW for credits to level my toons. But yes. It is a big grind.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Mnemonic wrote: »
    Getting your player level would be pointless. If I was level 80 now, I'd still need to do missions and GW for credits to level my toons. But yes. It is a big grind.

Not entirely pointless. I remember when leveling and getting my guys to 20, they then had to wait for me to level them. It's the same now as well. I could level several of my guys, but they're waiting for me. This would just accelerate the process a bit without it being totally broken, I think.
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    Getting your player level would be pointless. If I was level 80 now, I'd still need to do missions and GW for credits to level my toons. But yes. It is a big grind.

Not entirely pointless. I remember when leveling and getting my guys to 20, they then had to wait for me to level them. It's the same now as well. I could level several of my guys, but they're waiting for me. This would just accelerate the process a bit without it being totally broken, I think.

I suggest leveling your other guys instead of your favorites, while you are waiting.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yudoka wrote: »

I suggest leveling your other guys instead of your favorites, while you are waiting.

Oh I do. I don't want this package for myself (I'm almost 75). I'm just thinking of incoming players. With each new level cap, it's just so much longer to get there. I'm wondering how many new players are turned off by this?

• Tak
    352 posts Member

Oh I do. I don't want this package for myself (I'm almost 75). I'm just thinking of incoming players. With each new level cap, it's just so much longer to get there. I'm wondering how many new players are turned off by this?

Probably not many. Levelling keeps people playing
  • I just hope they give us a good long time at 80 before they raise the cap again.
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    I didn't say all character at level 70. Just the player. The character grind wouldn't be any different. And if you priced this reasonably, I'd think a fair amount of players would actual opt for this rather than spending 4+ months grinding the levels and getting pwn'd in arena anyway.

One could still buy credit and training droids and burst through ls/ds getting high gear much faster than regular players.
    Then you'd be forced to spend in order to be competitive. Ofc, spenders should have an advantage.

But imagine:
    10ppl lv 70 with maxed toons
    100 ppl lvl 10-30 who bought the playerlvl70 package
    500 f2p
    on one server.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »

Probably not many. Levelling keeps people playing

Maybe. But huge properties like WoW are doing exactly this. It's even part of the basic package with each new expansion purchase.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Character leveling aka ZOMG, I HAZ NO CREDITZ!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Character leveling aka ZOMG, I HAZ NO CREDITZ!

Fact!