Barriss, how can I make you work

medetec
1571 posts Member
So I've decided to try a pet project. I'd like to make Barriss (L) work in arena top 5.

I'm currently placing well into the top 5 with Dooku (L) Fives QGJ Lumi and ST Han, or Phasma (L) Fives GS QGJ ST Han. Haven't settled on one, the results are basically the same.

I would like to run Barriss (L) QGJ Fives ST Han and Ahsoka. How awful is this decision? Should I sub out Ahsoka? Is Barriss just not viable? I'll be trying it shortly but I wanted to see if anyone tried to run anything similar and how they tuned it.

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Welp, as a followup, I did take 3rd at payout with Barriss (L) Fives Lumi QGJ and ST Han. If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear em.
  • Options
    There's a guy on my leader board who does well with Barriss (L), Leia, GS, RG, QGJ.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Leia would be nice but I don't have access to her :/

I'm thinking of switching Lumi out for Daka in a few weeks when shes farmed up more.
  • Options
    Rey, FOTP, or 86 might work instead. I don't see any special synergies with Leia. It looks like healer, damage, damage damage, tank to me. Granted QGJ gives some very nice utility and RG has the stuns, but I think it works because Barriss is so hard to kill so she gets to heal for sure.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    More that Leia is super strong on defense, as even with the AI controlling you cant kill her until last. She'd be great for my team if she ever goes farmable. Having to kill Fives while Leia is still around popping off 10-15k a turn sounds disgusting.
  • Options
    I've been thinking about a super defensive team that drags a match out five-plus minutes, and wondering if she'd fit on it.
  • Options
    A guy in my shard places first and is able to stay there because the timer always runs out. Barriss lead, RG, Yoda, QGJ, and GS. Its annoying lol
  • Options
    I'd also suggest against Leia (speaking as someone with a max Leia, no precrafts, at L76). I'd rather have GS or Rey (or both, plus QGJ), along with RG and Barris in the lead.

On offense, or in GW, Leia is amazing, but being invis isn't worth missing first turn. I'd put her just above LOLMaul in a dps spot.

Leia is more interesting now as a lead for Lando, but that isn't really top tier in the mid 70s, stuck at G8. I'm hoping at G9 it turns around, but I'm doubtful.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hrm, well its not likely I'll be able to test Leia myself for a long time so I'll take your word for it.

I have a 7* g8 GS but I'm trying to ditch him, and my Rey is still 25 shards short of 6* :/

So next question, assuming I can max both of them, Rey or Daka with Barriss (L) Fives QGJ ST Han.
    I'll try RG later down the line but right now I have 7* Han and a 4* RG.
  • Options
    ive been running

barris (L)
    yoda
    annie
    qgj
    rg

its the new Wet Noodle Meta

it does pretty good against evasion teams because its hugely forgiving, youre not dead if you miss 4 attacks in a row. its s bit like watching paint dry though and you need to be on auto button at least half time to prevent timeouts.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm, well, I did't fall that far overnight, went from #3 at payout to #15 now. I think this may be doable. Once I can replace Lumi with either Rey or Daka I think I may stick with this.
  • Marcus_
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You think you could be as succesfull and replace QGJ with Savage or Kylo? Or is he too important as a taunt remover?

Or Dooku
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone and their pet monkey runs RG or ST Han, I don't think I can remove QGJ. On the plus side with Barriss lead my QGJ has 14500 health and 9300 protection so hes not a megasquish.

I think Lumi is my weak link. She's not bad, but I do want something tankier and 3 Jedi is asking for trouble. I have a 7* Kylo but... I don't feel like hes very good. I'm farming Daka now, I think shes a good combination of nuisance and beef that should fit the team.