Too. Many. Ally. Points.

Prev1
Akster
571 posts Member
edited April 2016
Is it just me, or does it take way too long to open up al the bronzium packs with ally points unless you do it regularly every day. A month or two ago I opened something like 30k worth of bronzium packs because I can not be bothered to open these things especially since they are entirely worthless unless you get a lucky full character once in a blue moon. Then be lucky enough for the character to be someone you do not already have.

Having to open 200+ of these things that I built up is such a pain, thats 600+ clicks dammit!

Can I just have an -open 100 bronzium cards- button or something.
Post edited by Akster on

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    They need to show the skip button before the card is inserted. That would save about 20 seconds per draw
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I just open them as I get them.
  • Options
    I don't know why people save these. The prizes are mostly garbage past level 20 and your odds of getting a shard or a whole toon do not increase by opening a whole bunch at once vs opening 3 or 4 at a time per day.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The reason people save them is because they can not be bothered to open them, as they are worthless, and opening them takes time and effort.
  • Options
    I save up to 5k then open packs. You can get a full crafted purple from them if your lucky.
  • Options
    I just open them as I get them. Hasn't occurred to me about the time and effort. If it was as many as you describe, yes. But one at a time a few times a day, I hardly notice it.
  • Options
    You can get a 2 or 4* character from them, helps a lot when first starting. I always open them as I get them. You can get purple gear and even fully crafted purple gear from them. Got a fully crafted purple that I was farming at the time, was great.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    -_- this is my dang this is dumb face

If you opened them regularly they always give you something good just this Week I got teebo on the same day the Ewok event started and 2 days later I got Biggs. Also I also get the right gear when I need it the most. So anyways don't complain from free stuff acting cool/lazy as if bronzium are useless just because you don't want to open them.
  • Options
    Yesterday I go lt 15 shards for JC and today 25 for Talia. Not useless to me! They must have updated the prizes in prep for the guilds or something.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I open them every day, because they're less worthless that way.

If you pull a shard or two of a toon just before you 7 star him, you might be able to save a couple resources. So you have those resources instead of some shard shop credits, which is all you would have if you waited.

If you happen to fill a gear slot one arena/ls/ds match sooner because of a bronzium, it might push you over the edge.

It might even change your gameplan. If you pull a toon that was pretty high on your list, you might switch directions on where to put your resources.

I've pulled Biggs (x2), Plo Koon, and probably at least one other toon from Bronziums. (And of course the requisite 4x Ewok Scout). When I pulled Biggs, it made a difference and allowed me to advance in LS. If I opened those now, it would be meh. W/e.

• Options
    Some of the unobtanium parts are showing as available from Bronzium, so you never know...
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

If you opened them regularly they always give you something good just this Week I got teebo on the same day the Ewok event started and 2 days later I got Biggs. Also I also get the right gear when I need it the most. So anyways don't complain from free stuff acting cool/lazy as if bronzium are useless just because you don't want to open them.

I highly doubt deciding to open them regularly increases your likelihood of getting something good.

You were just incredibly lucky to get full characters so frequently, I once got Ima back in around december or january time and that was the only full character I remmeber getting.

Good for you that you are getting useful eqipment. Eqipment I seem to get is 80% greys, 15% green 5% blue. Greys and greens being entirely useless after playing for a few weeks. Even at the beginning 2 or 3 battles and you probably have the equipment anyway. Blues can be useful but I only ever seem to get the blues that I have 300+ of already like the power cell salvage instead of the ones I have 0 of.

Saying that there should be a mass pack opening button instead of having to open them one at a time with long animations is a fairly reasonable thing to 'complain about because I am so cool/lazy'

Sure they are useful for newer players especially, but after playing for 4/5 months it is a chore to slowly open them one at a time.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    I just open them as I get them. Hasn't occurred to me about the time and effort. If it was as many as you describe, yes. But one at a time a few times a day, I hardly notice it.
    Same, it's too easy.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand the people who say they can't be bothered to open them.

You get what 10 to 15 packs a day. Let's say it takes 10 seconds to open a pack. That is 150 seconds. And that's an exaggeration of how long it takes.

I figure I open a charactor a week. And have gotten Daka, Barris, Fives, 2 x JC, 4 or 5 RGs, ewok elder, ewok scout and a bunch of others.

So I've gotten a 7 star characters of useful shards. For 1-2 minutes of work a day.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    It's not worth my time. Almost anything else to include staring at the wall is more useful. I open the free ones. Five pulls of 300 credits or gray gear per day is enough for me.
  • Options
    I just open them as I go. It's not that hard lol
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Akster wrote: »

I highly doubt deciding to open them regularly increases your likelihood of getting something good.

You were just incredibly lucky to get full characters so frequently, I once got Ima back in around december or january time and that was the only full character I remmeber getting.

Good for you that you are getting useful eqipment. Eqipment I seem to get is 80% greys, 15% green 5% blue. Greys and greens being entirely useless after playing for a few weeks. Even at the beginning 2 or 3 battles and you probably have the equipment anyway. Blues can be useful but I only ever seem to get the blues that I have 300+ of already like the power cell salvage instead of the ones I have 0 of.

Saying that there should be a mass pack opening button instead of having to open them one at a time with long animations is a fairly reasonable thing to 'complain about because I am so cool/lazy'

Sure they are useful for newer players especially, but after playing for 4/5 months it is a chore to slowly open them one at a time.

Dude Im level 74 Im no noob Ive been around. Sometimes those bronzium give me the exact green or blue gear I need so I don't waste 6 or more energy on looking for that gear. They have proven useful for me way more then once. If you want a button to open all of them at once I don't vote against that but I do oppose to the statement that they are worthless. Maybe you never notice you got something you need because you store them for so long and just fly through what you got without taking a look of how many you actually had or you probably needed a specific gear 2 days ago and then you pull it today put since you didn't open them you used energy to get it and there for couldn't appreciate the usefulness
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    I've opened, what, well say (conservatively) at least ten a day for over 100 days. So, 1,000 packs, give or take (realistically more). Aside from single shards here and there, never a single thing worth while. And certainly never unlocked anyone.
  • Options
    Must be nice. My bronziums are always ****. I get the same thing every time that is useless. I got one character on day 1. That's it. I still open them every day though, hoping I'll pick up a 4*Bariss.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The reason people save them is because they can not be bothered to open them, as they are worthless, and opening them takes time and effort.

How much time and effort does it take to open them as you get them? There's not a whole lot else to do right now unless you spend a hundred bucks a week on energy refreshes.

Sure most are garbage but sometimes you get something decent. I got 7 RG shards today.
  • Options
    I open them every day and don't even think about it. Usually they're pretty worthless, BUT I have gotten a small handful of characters out of them. Plus if I've been grinding for a while and get even a single piece of gear that helps me craft something, it's worth it. It's not like taking over an hour to finish GW nowadays!
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »

How much time and effort does it take to open them as you get them? There's not a whole lot else to do right now unless you spend a hundred bucks a week on energy refreshes.

Sure most are garbage but sometimes you get something decent. I got 7 RG shards today.

The answer is it takes more effort than it's worth. The drop rate of full toons is about 1%. I've been playing since November and have gotten one JC drop and two RG drop. Waste of my time.
  • Options
    If you are opening the free ones, why not just keep plugging through whatever ally points you have built up at that point? And as someone else mentioned, this takes about 150 second, which is being generous.

So an extra 30 seconds every time you open a free one to burn down what you have built up. How can that really be "a pain?"
  • Options

Dude Im level 74 Im no noob Ive been around. Sometimes those bronzium give me the exact green or blue gear I need so I don't waste 6 or more energy on looking for that gear. They have proven useful for me way more then once. If you want a button to open all of them at once I don't vote against that but I do oppose to the statement that they are worthless. Maybe you never notice you got something you need because you store them for so long and just fly through what you got without taking a look of how many you actually had or you probably needed a specific gear 2 days ago and then you pull it today put since you didn't open them you used energy to get it and there for couldn't appreciate the usefulness

Yep.

And I've gotten RG shards. Noms.

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    fudgra wrote: »

The answer is it takes more effort than it's worth. The drop rate of full toons is about 1%. I've been playing since November and have gotten one JC drop and two RG drop. Waste of my time.

It literally takes less than 5 seconds to open one. It's worth it for me if I get shards for someone I'm farming. If not I won't miss those 5 seconds.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    If opening a bronzium pack constitutes "effort", then I hope you marry into a rich family
  • Options
    I have opened 10K (40 pulls) twice in the past 3 weeks and gotten excess gears and 2 full characters which I already have. Trying to land IMG but have gotten 1 shard of him. Currently have 91K and will spend another 10K when I reach 100K. It's like Christmas shopping at the Dollar store lol.
  • Options
    Not worth the time? If you open them as you get 250 ally points it takes 4 extra seconds. Of all the complaints about lack of free stuff, we don't even take the free stuff we are given?
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Open them every couple days then
  • Options
    Hoarding them is the worst decision ever.
    I got a full bariss early in the game which made me cruise through GW when everybody was whining.
    I also got a full Daka, which helped me a lot with DS missions.
    I then got Ima, Teebo, Plo, URURRRRRR, Lobot, Tuskin raider. And several toons i already had.
    Most recently a full Dooku.
    Not counting all the shards and 2 times fully crafted purple gear.

So yeah stop being a lazy **** and open them.