Why Stormtrooper Han??

Prev1
orange12
53 posts Member
edited April 2016
Let me preface this by saying that I've been playing this game since the end of last year and this is all written in light hearted jest.

I can't help but feel both amused and annoyed that this game chose the most specific depiction for Han that totally don't match his iconic image. ST Han. Just...Why? Why would you depict Han as he was in one specific scene of one movie when anyone who hears the name Han Solo would immediately conjure up the image of him in his black vest and side blaster?

At first I thought maybe this was a set up to having a Pokemon-like game mechanic where characters will eventually "evolve" into later, more iconic versions of themselves. That would explain Luke on Tattoine or Clone Wars Chewie but that also means Old Ben becomes a missed opportunity.

I also had the thought that since they forced Han to be a Tank, they needed to depict him as having some form of armor but that's entirely silly considering Poe is in his normal wear.

So what's the deal CG? Why ST Han?

Replies

• +1
    I've wondered this as well. I mean, no matter what nonsense he's wearing, he's still the same scoundrel he always has been.
    Look at the latest movie, still a scoundrel.
    No sense, none at all.
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Carbonite Han for the win!

They are saving the iconic characters for an event and attract players. Surely you know that.
  • orange12
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Frankly, I would've accepted Frozen In Carbonite Han and Betrayed By His Own Son Han as better, more iconic depictions than ST Han.

On a wild tangent, Carbonite Han can have Defense +10000 and Offense -10000. Unless Slave Leia (another character opportunity!) is present, in which case Han can't hit the broadside of a barn except 100% hit and critical chance against Boba Fett.
  • Because at some point you will get a bunch of versions of Han. Same with Luke. Why no light saber Luke?
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    It should have been stormtrooper Finn instead since that image was the face of TFA months before it came out. You couldn't google the movie without seeing sweaty finn in his ST outfit.
  • Same as Mace Windu. They make them tank when we know who is Mace Windu is. CG team of design devs are bunch of ......
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Simda wrote: »

They are saving the iconic characters for an event and attract players. Surely you know that.

But strangely, we got only one (Yoda) for 6 month. Why such a slow pace ?
    We all wait for Jedi Luke, Palpatine, Solo, even R2-D2. In the help section of the game, you can see pictures of shards with Bespin Luke, Scoundrel solo, Bespin or Hoth Leia, and R2-D2.
    And for Solo, you could get Scoudrel Solo, ST Solo, Carbonite solo, Tatooine Solo, Endor Solo, Hoth Solo, Old Solo, Crossbow Solo. Are they going to find skills for every version of the same character? Why not just give them differents suits so we can change the look of our characters.
  • I like st Han. He even have action figures, same as Luke.
    Having Finn using his fn-2187 outfit also would be cool.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Falling-in-the-pit-after-being-betrayed-by-ben Han is the best Han.
  • regular Han Solo does exist in the game. There are some battles were you fight him and chewy. I guess that at some point in time we will get to play as him as well
  • Characters are depicted at certain points so the can add different versions as stated already hence clone wars Chewbacca (think he was only in about 2 episodes) there'll likely be another Chewie at some point
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • I hope you won't be able to play different versions of the same character in the same squad. OK you have now Vader and Anakin, but you can consider them two characters, even if they are the same person. Anyway, Vader killed Anakin in Ben's point of view :smile:
  • DieInFire wrote: »
    I like st Han. He even have action figures, same as Luke.
    Having Finn using his fn-2187 outfit also would be cool.
    That's my guess, too. It's an homage to the action figures.

I thought Clone Wars Chewie was an odd choice, too. How can you tell the difference between him and any other Chewie? He's pretty much exactly the same throughout the movies.

• Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Just released from carbonite, blind as a bat Han to team with a I'm cold Chewy
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Because he is St. Han, most holy of protectors, who shall grant us TM from now until ever after, amen.
  • If you noticed Han, Leia, luke, Ben they used are all from the scenes in the movie.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Simda wrote: »

That should have been the tank that RG is. Constant taunt and 1M health (Carbonite is hard). :smile:
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • If you noticed Han, Leia, luke, Ben they used are all from the scenes in the movie.

They made a movie!??!!
  • Simda wrote: »

Haha, Carbonite Han should have RGs taunt mechanic and be even more stout...but no offense!
  • I had the exact opposite reaction when I saw Stormtrooper Han Solo. I find this particular "version," as in the lines he says in A New Hope while dressed as a stormtrooper, to be hilarious and I think it's awesome they added him in the game. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FSV8w1UoZA

I mean, c'mon, that's great stuff, lol!
  • I personally want to see Nerf Herder Han injected at some point.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    I had the exact opposite reaction when I saw Stormtrooper Han Solo. I find this particular "version," as in the lines he says in A New Hope while dressed as a stormtrooper, to be hilarious and I think it's awesome they added him in the game. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Ya it is lol
    Btw, he wasn't a rebel here. He was a scoundrel, looking for a big reward rescuing a princess. You'd think they'd give him double status like Lando.
  • 9r33d0 wrote: »
    I had the exact opposite reaction when I saw Stormtrooper Han Solo. I find this particular "version," as in the lines he says in A New Hope while dressed as a stormtrooper, to be hilarious and I think it's awesome they added him in the game. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Ya it is lol
    Btw, he wasn't a rebel here. He was a scoundrel, looking for a big reward rescuing a princess. You'd think they'd give him double status like Lando.
    That's what he claimed, but we all knew he was coming back...and not just because some of us can't remember what it was like before we knew what happened in the original movies.

• Orions
    269 posts Member
    Even if Han looked like he changed his mind about saving Lea when Luke mentioned money, it was still the turning point where Han went from being a scoundrel to being a Rebel.

Before that the Empire just viewed Han as an annoying scoundrel, but after that he be branded a Rebel, shoot on sight! :)

O
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    cccd05f3fe5f7e06cf668760649f07a5.jpg

Everything is fine, don't nerf me, thanks, or RG or Dooku. Instead, make others stronger. OK thanks (blasts comlink)
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    orange12 wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying that I've been playing this game since the end of last year and this is all written in light hearted jest.

I can't help but feel both amused and annoyed that this game chose the most specific depiction for Han that totally don't match his iconic image. ST Han. Just...Why? Why would you depict Han as he was in one specific scene of one movie when anyone who hears the name Han Solo would immediately conjure up the image of him in his black vest and side blaster?

At first I thought maybe this was a set up to having a Pokemon-like game mechanic where characters will eventually "evolve" into later, more iconic versions of themselves. That would explain Luke on Tattoine or Clone Wars Chewie but that also means Old Ben becomes a missed opportunity.

I also had the thought that since they forced Han to be a Tank, they needed to depict him as having some form of armor but that's entirely silly considering Poe is in his normal wear.

So what's the deal CG? Why ST Han?

Very simple. It gives you an iconic version of Han without the ULTIMATE version of Han that can be saved for a later patch.

Why not Jedi Knight Luke? Exact same reason. You talk about Luke Skywalker, nobody thinks of a guy with a sniper blaster.

• Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    By the taunt of St. Han, cease this blasphemy IMMEDIATELY
  • Zemon
    26 posts Member
    Kabbes wrote: »
    Because he is St. Han, most holy of protectors, who shall grant us TM from now until ever after, amen.

+1
  • Rayek
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I was curious at first why that version of him was chosen but I think there are a few reasons it could be:
    • It's something different than the norm
    • It allows the possibility of other versions of Han down the line (Tank focused now, attacker or support later?)
    • Marketing aspect of saving 'standard' Han for their events
    • They didn't have the rights or something legal (doubt it)

That being said I like ST Han for the 1st choice I mentioned but would like to see a 'standard' Han eventually. (As well as a lightsaber Luke and younger Ben Kenobi)
  • I expect a scoundrel event to get Han.

Been farming Scoundrels just in case. Hopefully don't need 5 7*s