I don't know how to beat this team

I'm becoming incredibly frustrated. It gets to the point where my characters don't get to take turns because of the turn meter manipulation.

Phasma (L), QGJ, Lumi, GS, ST Han

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Control team and a bit of luck. I run Dooku, Daka, RG, QGJ and GS. With all the stuns I can usually prevent Han from taunting. If he does, Jinn can dispel it and provide offense up. Dooku can keep the enemy QGJ tied up and GS can provide offense where needed.
    As always with characters like Phasma and Daka, RNG matters a lot.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Currently I have the following at 7 stars and maxed (except I was not able to precraft) Yoda, QGJ, Ashoka, JC, Eeth, Lumi, Phasma, RP, Savage, RG, Dooku.

Leia is 5* (8 shards from 6* with max abilities and gear)

I am a relatively recent start, and dropped everything I was farming for Yoda. With the lvl 70 meta I was using Dooku (L), Yoda, RP, RG, QGJ and it was working incredibly well because of the dodges and offense up. I was able to maintain a top 5 spot.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Control team and a bit of luck. I run Dooku, Daka, RG, QGJ and GS. With all the stuns I can usually prevent Han from taunting. If he does, Jinn can dispel it and provide offense up. Dooku can keep the enemy QGJ tied up and GS can provide offense where needed.
    As always with characters like Phasma and Daka, RNG matters a lot.
    Unfortunately my Daka is at 5* and my heavy hitters got nerfed into oblivion with the update (poor RP and Yoda) so damage wise I'm really feeling outmatched by every team now because I hate GS and refused to farm him. If I'm lucky with some packs I'll have Leia to 6* very soon but I don't feel like that's enough. My RG isn't gear 9 so I don't have the 18k protection and this team all just gets to take turns 2x and kill my RG before Lumi can heal.
  • And kudos to the guy running this team, really well done I love it just wish I could beat it.
  • Against Han you need stuns or ability block. QGJ with OWK works well. Daka and Yoda do also. YOU NEED a taunt breaker for sure against a Han team. QGJ, Mace, Teebo. Gotta love this update because now you are pretty much required to run QGJ on any team.

Another way to beat Han is by sheer power. Han does not have a high health pool and you can kill him before he taunts if you run the right chars. I ran a team (Phasma, GS, QGJ, Greedo, IG86) against a few Han teams before and they crushed Han.
  • Yeah but my damage dealers hit like wet noodles now.
  • Revenant wrote: »
    And kudos to the guy running this team, really well done I love it just wish I could beat it.

I love the tone and sentiment of OP. Respectful and looking for creative and cnstructive input.

On topic: rather than outburst the team, what about thinking of ways to outlast? In your shoes I think I would go with a QGJ lead, Ashoka, JC, Lumi and Phasma. The main idea is that your opponent does not really pack a big punch. The main reason he/she wins is through TM manipulations and Phasma giving his team crit and putting slow on your dudes. Play defensive with heals and try to disrupt using your own Phasma and dispell with QGJ. Take out the opponent's squishy QGJ next. That is a huge hit to the dps the opponent is able to dish out. After that you should have full control and can cruise it in. Yoda might be more effectiv than Ashoka, but I don't have enough experience with him to say for certain.

Either way, best of luck!
  • I don't get it. Just kill han. Nothing to scary in this line up.
  • If you have Rey and Poe then try to get Poe to taunt and remove some turn meter, then use Rey's multi-attack thing to do massive damage to Han. Then clean him up with whatever else you have. Geognosian soldier could work well for this as well.
  • Just "killing Han" doesn't work. If you haven't faced him, if he absorbs 6 hits while taunting, that is 180% TM boost for your entire team and you will not win. You either have to avoid his taunt, or have high enough damage to minimize hits. A droid team for example and finish him off (assuming protection is gone by then) with an IG86 assist on offense up.
  • godgiven45 wrote: »
    I don't get it. Just kill han. Nothing to scary in this line up.

I don't have enough burst to just kill him. He ends up stealing turn meter coupled with the slow from Phasma and my QGJ doesn't get a turn to remove taunt before they kill half my team. I've tried several team combinations and fought his team 6 separate tries to try and figure it a way to beat it with no success. I actually wasn't able to kill a single one of his characters.

It's really impressive as I haven't had this much trouble fighting Dooku led teams with RG, Rey, GS, Daka.
  • Jaxinator wrote: »
    If you have Rey and Poe then try to get Poe to taunt and remove some turn meter, then use Rey's multi-attack thing to do massive damage to Han. Then clean him up with whatever else you have. Geognosian soldier could work well for this as well.
    Interestingly enough I've spent way too much money on this game already yet I still haven't unlocked Rey.
  • Revenant wrote: »
    I'm becoming incredibly frustrated. It gets to the point where my characters don't get to take turns because of the turn meter manipulation.

Phasma (L), QGJ, Lumi, GS, ST Han

Any level 9 gear on those toons your facing? Looks like an average joe team although I'm not sure about ST Han after the update.

• Devour
    262 posts Member
    Poe, IG 88,86, Daka, RG

Poe taunt and kill ST Han and you win.

Else QGJ, Rey, IG-88, Daka, RG

Remove ST Han taunt and you win.