Are you growing tired of playing this game?

Prev1
MRxAmazing
35 posts Member
edited April 2016
**PLEASE do not vote if you haven't been playing this game for a good period of time. The first few weeks are pretty much a total cakewalk.**

First off, I know this is a free game. And a relatively **** good one, at that... But as I have seen mentioned MANY times on Google Play reviews and also on here, the difficulty spike is ridiculous. Maybe most notably in the "Challenges." I'll barely get scratched in one, but then the next one I get my B*hole ravaged. It seems incredibly unbalanced. The game has gone from a fun time killer to an excruciating grindfest. I'm all for a challenge and don't mind the grind all that much, really, as long as I can FEEL like I'm making progress. It gives a bit of longevity to the game. But as of around level 50, I started noticing an almost 100% drop off in progress. I went from cruising through levels on normal to barely scraping through or failing in a matter of almost literally one LS/DS mission. Aside from that, it's reached a point where there's not remotely enough time in the day to help me get the gear or shards I need. Especially with the HUGE gaps of forced time waiting unless you wanna spend $$$ (I've spent about $25 at this point).

The energy system is mostly my largest gripe with this game (in unison with the dice roll loot system). Energy is wiped out in literally about 3 minutes if you are simulating missions (even faster on hard). Not to mention the Cantina energy takes what feels like an eternity to regenerate. The whole thing needs to be completely redone. At least offer some sort of "premium" type account for people who spend money on the game, or just a reasonable, CHEAP subscription system that allows either unlimited energy, or significantly reduced costs. Play the game for free, sure. But when it gets to the point where you are forced to idly wait to play ONE level, it becomes a sad excuse for a game.

My 2nd biggest gripe is the actual monetary costs of what they're offering. Are you guys serious with these prices? $20 for only ONE CHARACTER given at random? $20?! Are you insane? Sure you can POSSIBLY get more... but $20? It costs essentially nothing to EA to supply these crystals. It's not like you have employees out in caves off of the South African coast mining crystals for us. The prices are ridiculous. At the very least the costs should likely be knifed in half. There's literally almost NOTHING to gain from spending money here. Especially when if I spend money and get a new character and I can't even really use it yet... BECAUSE MY ENERGY IS ALWAYS GONE.

I love this game. I'm not in love with the mega grinding for shards for characters or to upgrade them, but I'd be significantly more OK with it if the energy/loot system was a bit more forgiving and allowed you to play the game more freely. I feel like the energy costs should AT LEAST be cut in half for any mission you have 3-starred. It's absurd to charge 6-12 energy for levels I can complete in 15 seconds on auto-play. Typically the more you play this type of game, the more rewarding it should feel as you progress, but in this case, it's the opposite. They give you all the glory and fun right away and after the first few weeks-month, it starts losing its luster because of the monotonous grinding that feels unrewarding.

Please EA, I KNOW you plan to support this game for a long time. There's tons of characters MIA and many Star Wars movies still to come. For the sake of the longevity of this game, you have to ease up. The real currency and in-game currencies/energy needed to fully enjoy this game long term is far too much. I've had this game for about 3 months now and for the past month at least, I sit here saying less and less good things. Listen to the community and get your hands out of our pockets. I'd have rather paid $30 up front to play this game as much as I want opposed to being at the mercy of the clock.

/end rant.

Are you growing tired of playing this game? 183 votes

Yeah, I'm fed up with it.
11% 21 votes
I'm getting there.
48% 88 votes
Nope.
26% 48 votes
I don't foresee myself ever getting tired of it.
14% 26 votes

Replies

• Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Completed everything, rinse and repeat. Playing lord's mobile now.
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »

Is that like a MOBA? I already started downloading new games. Waiting to find the next one to catch my interest like GoH originally did.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    It's definitely not as fun as it used to be.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    Options
    MRxAmazing wrote: »

Is that like a MOBA? I already started downloading new games. Waiting to find the next one to catch my interest like GoH originally did.
    open world pvp , big army from guild fusion, monster hunt. Just find a cool guild to chat and your set. Right now im looking at my army in case i get attack by other player. It has a deep learing curve.

• Kurki
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Paying for energy recharges is the most boring and uninventive business model / game concept imaginable. With so many resources at their disposal, the game-makers could have truly created something groundbreaking.

Instead, they went for a quick cash grab and repetitive tedium.

Can you imagine if the characters / setting of this game were NOT Star Wars?
  • Options
    Ugh! Can we get an "no, but tired of everyone complaining about everything" or "can't be elite in this type of game if you aren't willing to buy it" option?! The amount of crying on these forums make me regret only **** about the yoda and ani nerfs the one time I did. Play, or don't. Pay, or dont! Don't expect everything to be given to you. If you have to farm for several 50+ items then do it. That's the peek of the game now. Should be hard to get. If you don't want to then dont....
  • Options
    Dozer5665 wrote: »
    Ugh! Can we get an "no, but tired of everyone complaining about everything" or "can't be elite in this type of game if you aren't willing to buy it" option?! The amount of crying on these forums make me regret only **** about the yoda and ani nerfs the one time I did. Play, or don't. Pay, or dont! Don't expect everything to be given to you. If you have to farm for several 50+ items then do it. That's the peek of the game now. Should be hard to get. If you don't want to then dont....

I think you are mostly missing the point of my post. The general point is that the energy and loot system is very flawed and outdated by this point. The game essentially punishes players who put in a lot of time and do/did enjoy the game instead of rewarding them. I WANT to be able to play the game, but not at the cost of around $10-20 a week.
  • Options
    Kurki wrote: »
    Paying for energy recharges is the most boring and uninventive business model / game concept imaginable. With so many resources at their disposal, the game-makers could have truly created something groundbreaking.

Instead, they went for a quick cash grab and repetitive tedium.

Can you imagine if the characters / setting of this game were NOT Star Wars?

It would have died out already like most other games in this field. I think if there were a "Nintendo Heroes" type game similar to this one, it'd do pretty well, but not as well.
  • Options

open world pvp , big army from guild fusion, monster hunt. Just find a cool guild to chat and your set. Right now im looking at my army in case i get attack by other player. It has a deep learing curve.

Can't hurt to take a look. I'll check it out. Thanks!
  • Options
    Imagine a world where microtransactions did not exist and this game came out with a full roster and all content available for the price of a normal AAA game. You could play and unlock / level toons by beating the game levels. It would easily be among the best mobile games of all time. Monetisation ruins everything in art and culture. I blame the suits!
  • Options
    Imagine a world where microtransactions did not exist and this game came out with a full roster and all content available for the price of a normal AAA game. You could play and unlock / level toons by beating the game levels. It would easily be among the best mobile games of all time. Monetisation ruins everything in art and culture. I blame the suits!

Couldnt agree more
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    It's great if you find synergies, but the same thing over and over every day is too tedious.

Recently i just havent had the incentive to do GW, i have all the toons there, about 6 of them are max- i had about 8k currency, what incentive do i have to do it? It's dull, i only do it to try out squads like i did today, even then the squads are never what i would face at the top, so it's just guesswork.

Overall, introducing a sandbox mode for me would really help, because currently there is a limit when i actually do all the battles i can, but little consequence to me if i dont do it.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    It often feels like a daily chore lately, especially GW.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    It's still fun for me and i am closing on 3 months now!
  • Options

I think you are mostly missing the point of my post. The general point is that the energy and loot system is very flawed and outdated by this point. The game essentially punishes players who put in a lot of time and do/did enjoy the game instead of rewarding them. I WANT to be able to play the game, but not at the cost of around $10-20 a week.

And I really do understand your point. I don't like farming for gear and getting two peices out of 2 refills. I hate it and makes me furious. But we are also talking about the TOP gear in the game. Shouldn't be easy to get. If you don't want to pay then it should take a long time to get. Don't think I don't understand the frustration. I'm right there with you.
  • Options

And I really do understand your point. I don't like farming for gear and getting two peices out of 2 refills. I hate it and makes me furious. But we are also talking about the TOP gear in the game. Shouldn't be easy to get. If you don't want to pay then it should take a long time to get. Don't think I don't understand the frustration. I'm right there with you.

I'm not asking for it to be easy. I'm fine with it being challenging. But generally, I feel like I cannot enjoy the game to it's full extent. My options become: 1) Upgrade a character you don't like or care about using or 2) waste your energy and not be able to play the game at all. I am ok with the grind, but it seems a bit unbalanced because of the energy restrictions. Perhaps they need to offer more in the way of non-energy related modes. Perhaps just a "training missions" mode where you can still gain EXP and level characters without wasting all of your energy or spending money. Idk. It just seems off to me.
  • Options

I'm not asking for it to be easy. I'm fine with it being challenging. But generally, I feel like I cannot enjoy the game to it's full extent. My options become: 1) Upgrade a character you don't like or care about using or 2) waste your energy and not be able to play the game at all. I am ok with the grind, but it seems a bit unbalanced because of the energy restrictions. Perhaps they need to offer more in the way of non-energy related modes. Perhaps just a "training missions" mode where you can still gain EXP and level characters without wasting all of your energy or spending money. Idk. It just seems off to me.

So why dont you use characters you like? And if you feel like you are wasting your energy dont use sim tickets and just play. This game is al about resource management including energy, gear and credits. If you could farm gear or gain exp without using energy everybody would be at level cap with maximum gear. Dont forget this is a mobile game, its meant to be played 1-2 hours max per day.
  • Options
    I'm still in hardcore, but I'm a huge fan. Always have been.

Since the level increase, farming gear doesn't bother me. Eventually, you hit that next level that gives you another battle tier, extra energy, etc.

Subjective.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The biggest reason that this game lost it's purpose (became boring) :
    This game is about collecting heroes and building teams. After the lvl cap and gear increases, it became impossible, for f2p at least, to do exactly what this game was designed for. TO collect and try heroes. To level just 1 hero, other than his shards, it requres 4 mil to get from 1 to max lvl, about 2 mil to upgrade him to 7 stars and a lot more credits, ability materials and gear that needs to be farmed for over 10 days at least.
    To this point, the game stoped being about collecting heroes and focus more on grinding daily (chore) in order to achieve a slight improvement to your 5 main heroes you already have. And maybe, max 1 hero every 1-2 months. (depending how fast you gather 8 mil credits and gear)

PS. And that, without having to mention terrible balance, unfixed bugs that exist since release, insane cash grabs for one or two 4* heroes, that still require those 8mil in order to be used, updates that break more things than those getting fixed etc.
  • Options
    It often feels like a daily chore lately, especially GW.

Galactic Chore.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    This game is about collecting heroes and building teams. After the lvl cap and gear increases, it became impossible, for f2p at least, to do exactly what this game was designed for. TO collect and try heroes. To level just 1 hero, other than his shards, it requres 4 mil to get from 1 to max lvl, about 2 mil to upgrade him to 7 stars and a lot more credits, ability materials and gear that needs to be farmed for over 10 days at least.
    To this point, the game stoped being about collecting heroes and focus more on grinding daily (chore) in order to achieve a slight improvement to your 5 main heroes you already have. And maybe, max 1 hero every 1-2 months. (depending how fast you gather 8 mil credits and gear)

PS. And that, without having to mention terrible balance, unfixed bugs that exist since release, insane cash grabs for one or two 4* heroes, that still require those 8mil in order to be used, updates that break more things than those getting fixed etc.

It took me 2 and a half months to get QGJ to 7*, my first character from cantina...what changed with this update? Same time/same amount of credits...If anything, it's faster now, because you have a team and you can start doing 2 refreshes of cantina each day instead of my one. You got through this the first time, it's just a feeling it's harder...it's exactly the same if not faster!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »

It took me 2 and a half months to get QGJ to 7*, my first character from cantina...what changed with this update? Same time/same amount of credits...If anything, it's faster now, because you have a team and you can start doing 2 refreshes of cantina each day instead of my one. You got through this the first time, it's just a feeling it's harder...it's exactly the same if not faster!

I was mentioning the lvl cap increases, that none wanted. It takes more droids and credits for 70-75, than 1-60. And there were no new way to farm credits (exept the current omega event that last for 12 days)
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    On your point of paying $30 upfront - i would quite happily pay a monthly subscription (say $6.99) for expanded energy/cheaper refreshes, a free pack a month or a subscriber only event
  • Options
    I still enjoy the game. However, the only thing that is a chore is farming gear past level 8. I have literally spent crystals for two refreshes and not gotten one of the 50 pieces of gear it takes to craft a new piece. This and the lack of credits are my biggest complaints.

I am by no means a whale and I am embarrassed to say how much I've spent but I will say I could have a new ps4 and tv with the money I've spent.
  • Options
    Beyond tired oftentimes and the patch killed it for me.

Haven't logged in in several days and not missing it, easily replaced by games a lot more fum to play and less blatantly after your wallet.

If it wasn't a Star Wars theme holding people it'd already be gone to obscurity.
  • Options
    I'm fed up with the devs who don't listen to the players. The follow the money, but if they listened, every change made on 4/14-4/15 would be rolled back.
  • Options
    I'm tired of gw. Beyond tired
  • Options
    Seriously, what is the point of this thread? And advertising other games on this game's forum is not cool.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Just comming by to say hi before a mod closes this
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm just frustrated because I can't build the team I want yet, as i'm waiting for certain characters. I don't use Sith or Jedi so my interest is diminishing the longer I have to wait for more scoundrels like Han/Chewie, Bossk, Ponda Baba, etc.

I'm only getting Lumi so I can finish GW.