New Guilds, Do I Really Have This Right, and a Humble Suggestion

Hambone
79 posts Member
edited April 2016
Let me see if I have this right….

Step one: join a guild.

Step two: on any given day, there’s a designated activity. Something you do anyway, but if you do an abnormal amount of it on that day, you get points. Not anything you want or need, mind your, nor are these points worth anything you want or need: but points.

Step three: these new points, however, can be used to summon new things to do. Do these new things and you get – again not something you want or need – but more, different points.

Step four: finally, these more, different points can – theoretically – be exchanged for things you may want or need.

Simple, right?

And this is all in addition to an “economy” wherein you’ve got a silly and ever-expanding array of points, including: (1) cantina credits, (2) cantina energy, (3) regular energy, (4) galactic war credits, (5) arena credits, (6) arena energy, (7) dozens of different character pieces, (8) dozens of different gear bits, (9) dozens of different gear salvage bits, (10) limited hard node attempts, (11) limited “event” refreshes, (12) shard shop credits, (13) etc....

If I didn’t know better, I’d think the developer crew were paid on the basis of inventing new and ridiculous forms of “points” in order to better extract money from an unwitting customer base.

I’d really prefer to believe, however, that they are instead themselves paid in points. And that if you accumulate enough points, you can exchange them for special points. Enough special points, you can trade them in for mega points. And only if you can manage 500 mega points per month is your pay check released from escrow.

If that’s not how it works, I really, really think management should look into it.

;)
Post edited by Hambone on