What is up with savage op?

Seriiusly,I don't understand this toon. Attacker, but slow turn meter, higher strength than most tanks, has a defense proc, and hits like a joke. I ignore him as an ally, and ignore him in arena. He might just be the most worthless toon I've found.

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    he's not bad. usually, i lose 1 character in arena if i have less than 50% hp and oppress uses his special. he's not a high priority target for me, so i have to take the loss unless i stun him first
    mighty chlorians
  • Easy to get shards and purple gear, great Turn Meter control as a Unique, great Special that works against all classes of opponents. Has high health, so no need to stop yourself from attacking characters that counter a lot.
  • I wouldnt call 110+ speed is slow. At least for me anyway. Maybe you had encountering low gear/lvl ones
  • Could be I've encountered nothing but low level ones. His whole thing seems to be more tank to me, and that's what I'm finding confusing I guess.
  • Courier
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I agree he is confusing. The description said he is a tank but he did not included in "tank" group. If you have him you can try to develop him. At *4 blue gear he have better stats than chewie. Minus taunt ability tho

Btw, is your ingame name Whiskey Revolver?
  • I have Savage Opress at gear lvl almost purple, 6 stars, all abilities 4 or higher. I think he is a well-rounded attacker, less "nervous" than the Count, which also means: less often dead. Which I consider a good thing. Easy to get him over 10k health, which helps with not dying.
  • Courier wrote: »
    I agree he is confusing. The description said he is a tank but he did not included in "tank" group. If you have him you can try to develop him. At *4 blue gear he have better stats than chewie. Minus taunt ability tho

Btw, is your ingame name Whiskey Revolver?

Nope, just whiskey.
  • I just promoted Oppress to 4 stars. Would love to hear more opinions from players that have him at a high lvl
  • I have him at 7 stars lvl 7 gear lvl 60. So far I've never considered replacing him. 14,000 health with consistent 2,000 damage with his standard attack, close to 4k when he crits with his OP. I use him exclusivey as my primary sid killer since sid always dodges my counsular and luminara, phasma and FO officer usually clean up what health is left
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • My Savage is always around near the end of battles. He's a keeper.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • See, I get the HP, but I have a half dozen toons who hits as hard as the numbers listed above, and come with a host of other desirable support abilities. Maybe I'll just have to level him to see it for myself.
  • He gains turn meter when he takes damage, and he can take a lot
  • The only time I have ever gone down to a 1v1 in arena it was my ct5555 vs a savage. I thought well this will be easy I have more health+ I can lower his speed with my basic. So I figured I would get in 2-3 attacks to his one.
    Boy was I wrong he hit just as many times as me almost and a lot harder. 5s came out ontop but only barely. It was the most nail biting battle I have experienced. Loved it
  • Nice, so savage is a good defense AI character. *jots down notes*
  • He's the highest damage 'tank'
  • Fives
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've never use my savage as a tank. I let 5s do that. I am nowhere near done finding a team I like but Sav and 5s are Def 2 out 5. Both only blue gear but I'm able to battle arena to the #300's usually losing three Champs and savage and 5s bully the rest to death.