Is Resistance Pilot still worth it?

TMK
700 posts Member
I need second character to farm in GW. I have maxed Luminara Unduli, Captain Phasma and my primary focus is Poggle the Lesser.

The question is - RP or IG-86?

I usually run following setup in the Arena:

Dooku (L)
RG
GS
Phasma
QGJ

Who could RP replace (if she is even worth)? Also, Rey is one of my farming priorities in LS-DS Battles.

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to say 86 but I have both and RP still hits hard and definitely survives longer
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have RP at 7*. She got nerfed big time in the last update. Now not really viable at all. 86 is a better bet.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    I have RP at 7*. She got nerfed big time in the last update. Now not really viable at all. 86 is a better bet.

yep, 86 is the correct option now. RP is dead to me for now.
  • Options
    RP is one of the few toons that you can gear up an extra level, then again so is 86. Still strong with Dooku lead though. Tough call but I'd side with RP just because it looks like everyone is going to be running Fives sooner or later and you are gonna want that foresight. Fives has 1v3'd my Poggle, GS and 86 a couple times.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    I'll eventually fall to the level where farming her will be kind of must, it just depends when. At current moment, I don't think she could find place in my line-up at all. IG-86 can be leveled for Droid-team on the other hand with no special effect right now.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think she dropped a few rungs in the GW ranks

She used to be number 2 behind lumi.
    Now I'd farm
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Poggle

Before and perhaps the night sister as well.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    In all honest I had more problems fighting an RP in the arena than IG-86 but this is in part due to the groups they are found in... If for any reason IG-86 doesn't have the support of poggle, IG-86 slow speed doesn't really help it. RP is a more self contained character and not as reliant on other supporting characters.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    I guess I just don't even know what viable means anymore. I've had 86 for months and he is definitely a staple. He's a superthug. Love him. RP is different. She has all kinds of weird turn meter and other attributes which make her a little more interesting as opposed to the straight up damage of 86 or GS (love them both, but they are almost exactly the same and only have assist + damage unless you are running a droid / Geo team synergy - then it pretty much boils down to extra damage more than strategy wrinkles).

They definitely nerfed RP and I just got her to 7 * a couple of weeks ago. But after the nerf, she is still number 2 in power out of all my characters. Am I upset that I poured so much time/resources into starring, leveling and gearing to see her nerfed? A little, but she is still very fun and tough. And risk will always be in the nature of the game. For example, I got Ahsoka Tano a long time ago because I liked her potential and thought she might turn out to be worth while. Sure enough, they later announced the yoda event, made QGJ a FTP character, then gave her a big upgrade not too long ago, so there's a balance. At least in my case. Best o' luck!
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I was so disappointed when they ruined her. Definitely not worth it anymore; I wish I had the credits I invested in her back. :[
  • Options
    86 all the way. RP sucks now.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I have both and I'd take 86 in a heart beat. Him and Rey are the only two toons I've seen one-shot someone after the update. You can still get a 10k critical on his special before the assist without too much trouble.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    RP has better defense due to the Foresight ability. Also has some TM ability with crits. 86 is more of a straight damage dealer. It just depends on what you want to run. To be honest, I'm not sure either would replace any of the characters you are currently running assuming they are all equal gear and star level.
  • Options
    IMO, RP needs a little something else to be really good. Like an auto-dispelled taunt on her foresight or more damage on her basic or a higher chance for criticals. As it is you just can't rely on her turn meter gains or her damage. It's too RNG heavy. With 86 you always get good damage. He's just so much more reliable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    im stubborn. started farming RP when they said slower toons will hit harder, wasnt true, but i must and shall get RP to 7*
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I have mine at 7 stars and nearly maxed gear. She's not bad and can work well in most modes that aren't arena.
  • Options
    RP also has the dubious distinction of being one of the hardest to gear up. Nerfed and a nightmare to gear? I stopped farming her at 3 stars, 170 shards. Getting Biggs now, assist helps in the protection meta. he just might come in handy, heard good things about him on Rebel teams.

On topic, 86 is one of the best damage dealers.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    There's no doubt in my mind now - IG-86 it is. Thanks for helping me decide, every post in the thread was worth reading and thinking about it.