Ahsoka or Boba from Cantina Shipments?

I have 55 boba shards and 15 shards of a 2 star Ahsoka. Which is the best option?

Replies

• I haven't used boba but asoka runs lead with my B team with night sisters
  • Ahsoka
  • Ahsoka is only desirable fornthe Leader skill on evade. It will grant evade at high levels to entire team. So if you want to experiment something you'll be able to put tonaction 3 month's from now, you may want her. This applies to a team that is not Nightsister heavy, as otherwise, Nightsisters are better in granting them evade. Boba is better if you want long term someone to grant higher Critical chance. This is better if you plan to build a heavy AoE (multi-target attacks) team. Many AoE chars may have features like cooldown or turn meter perks when they do teo Critics on their AoE.

Consensus seems to be the best choices are 5555 or Daka.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Boba should be good with aoe and crit teams. His aoe is nasty and his leader ability is scary.
  • DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited December 2015
    Time wrote: »
    Boba should be good with aoe and crit teams. His aoe is nasty and his leader ability is scary.

Agreed, I don't have him though as I chose Ahsoka first and now working on Daka. I'll probably not have him for a while as I also want fives lol.

That said. I like Ahsoka in a support attack role. She hits decently hard and in purple gear lives well and offers what appears to be a 50% chance (Sid lead) to give a heal for like 1500 on her big attack. All in all, not horrible.

Added: I only have her at 5* so your results would be better at 6/7
  • Thanks guys
  • Ahsoka is a little slow but hits very hard and self heals, has high HP due to native ability, and will provide a decent team heal on critical hits with her special attack. I like my 7* Ahsoka a lot. But like Boba she has few obvious synergies with other cards. Haven't used Boba too much so I can't say tok much about that card. Take note that his leader ability increases crit damage, and not crit probability.
  • Poor Boba lol. He gets no love. At 7 star Boba is a beast. And what about Poe?? His expose takes 20% of the targets HP whenever someone attacks the target. Say the target had 10k HP. Then they will take 2k damage + special damage. Thats nuts!
  • Boba ... His aoe has also a ability block which is very useful
  • I love my boba. Very glad I took the time to get him to 6*. Slowly working to 7* atm. He hits hard and his aoe ability block is nice altho it probably only lands 30%-40% of the time.
  • I'm choosing Ashoka since I'm light on, well, Light Side Characters. I'll go after Boba soon though.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Jojo, you can up it to 80% at rank 5 i believe, maybe 6. Mine seems to work a lot better now.

My boba is at 7* and hits for 3500ish on crits, i really dig him.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Jojo, you can up it to 80% at rank 5 i believe, maybe 6. Mine seems to work a lot better now.

I tried to tell everyone weeks ago about Boba. He starts off at lower levels and doesn't seem very useful. Then around 6* and second tier of epic gear and he starts becoming a tank that hits like an attacker class. That buff he got was just icing on the cake.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »

I tried to tell everyone weeks ago about Boba. He starts off at lower levels and doesn't seem very useful. Then around 6* and second tier of epic gear and he starts becoming a tank that hits like an attacker class. That buff he got was just icing on the cake.

Boba's pretty dank ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Don't even have him at 4* yet :(

Haha you're the reason I'm farming him now. There are several chars that seem to be Mediocre early but shine late game. Trying to focus on getting my guys to 7* and not flake out for the newest shiny object. Still not sure who I'll focus after daka is done, 5s seems solid even at 3 and works pretty well with my dps guys and I've also been impressed by poe.
    Poor Boba lol. He gets no love. At 7 star Boba is a beast. And what about Poe?? His expose takes 20% of the targets HP whenever someone attacks the target. Say the target had 10k HP. Then they will take 2k damage + special damage. Thats nuts!

I will consider Poe also
  • I have 65/80 Boba shards so I may as well get him now
    Poor Boba lol. He gets no love. At 7 star Boba is a beast. And what about Poe?? His expose takes 20% of the targets HP whenever someone attacks the target. Say the target had 10k HP. Then they will take 2k damage + special damage. Thats nuts!

Have you seen any high ranking players with Poe? Are they strong?
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »

Have you seen any high ranking players with Poe? Are they strong?

Dude, Poe is pretty awesome. So many synergies this guy fits into. Imagine Poe hitting taunt...putting exposed on the other team...the taunt allows Maul to stay alive to launch his AOE so it would be Mauls huge damage AOE+2k damage. To bad I can't try it. But in theory it sounds solid.
  • Poes does have only mediocre defenses but unleashing his ability does two things, it keeps your attackers clean for a round or two and allows for one AoE attack to do massive damage. Coupled with a Boba, droids, Maul, etc you end up unleashing a tidal wave of hurt. He may die, but the opponents 5 characters all being knocked to half health or less in 1 or 2 shots is worth it. Also mixing him with a player that yields an extra defensive buff does make him hold out a lot longer when you use taunt. But Poe is best used in an attacking AoE and crit type team. I use him everywhere with Chewy also to taunt off him and heal him after. Chewy, Jedi healer, nightsister healer, poe, and any AoE attacker has been an excellent combo for me early in game. In 3 days at level 30, on stage 5 of both sides, rank 60 in arena, pretty good start I think lol
  • Well today I had to fifht what seemes like a 7* Poe. Hope it was not 6* as the guy felt like Chewy. I disn't like hacing 4 chars eaten 20% health while my hard work eroded as I couldn't clear the taunt sobrhey just got healed. The team still lost, as I had become trained into how ro use my healers as best possible to out-survive the AI.
  • The funniest thing I did with Poe was to attack Fives with him, so Fives had debuff of Offense Down. Then every single time Fives attacked Poe, Poe would heal from resisting Five's Slow debuff from his regular attack (Poe's passive % heal was higher than Fives damage).

I can't seem to find a way to use Boba, but I barely got him and left him to collect dust. Big mistake. I worked on Poe more, oh well.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member

Practically everything hits for 3500ish on crits at 7*.
    I still think he's good but not great, and overrated except for teams specializing in crit boost.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • qwr
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »

Practically everything hits for 3500ish on crits at 7*.
    I still think he's good but not great, and overrated except for teams specializing in crit boost.

There isn't another tank in the game that hits for 3500 to 4k crits. There also isn't another tank that can advance to the second epic gear tier in the game. And finally there isn't another character in the game with a jet pack. Jet pack really makes him probably the best character in the game.
  • Asohka is great for climbing up the level ladder but Boba is an endgame character.
  • My boba will be 6 stars once the dailies reset. I like him a lot and he's only getting stronger.
  • Although not officially a 'tank' savage is the highest damage tank isn't he?