Which Bundle Is Better?

So, I Have £30 worth of iTunes vouchers to spend and I'm wondering which would be better for me to purchase, the Assassin Droid or Jedi Starter. My current best guys are a 4 Star Finn, 3 Star Poe, 3 Star Chewie, 3 Star Jawa, 3 Star Talia and 2 Star Jedi Consular. I saw someone say that Poe goes well with the droids. Which is the better one for me to get?

Replies

• I'm in the exact same position as you and have been dying to find some help. Have $30 of iTunes to spend but not sure if I should go with the droid bundle, or buy crystals for refresh and/or one of the x8 chromium packs. From what I've seen and heard, the droid bundle is pretty stout in the beginning and isn't terribly hard to level up considering you get IG-88 and HK-47 from the squad arena shipments. I think I'd go with that one if I was you.
  • I bought the Droid pack and I'm underwhelemed. 86 and 88 are so squishy and don't hit hard enough to justify. HK comes back after death, but once over lvl 50 he dies again first shot by anyone but Barriss so he returns and dies before his turn. I don't think his attacks are that strong either.

I'd go Jedi. I'm running a Jedi team now as 1 of my teams and it is trashing teams in GW and Arena.
  • I bought the Droid pack and I'm underwhelemed. 86 and 88 are so squishy and don't hit hard enough to justify. HK comes back after death, but once over lvl 50 he dies again first shot by anyone but Barriss so he returns and dies before his turn. I don't think his attacks are that strong either.

I'd go Jedi. I'm running a Jedi team now as 1 of my teams and it is trashing teams in GW and Arena.

I heard to level Jedi teams you had to spend loads of $$$ money since most shards are only available through packs tho. Is that true?
  • St3llar wrote: »

I heard to level Jedi teams you had to spend loads of $$$ money since most shards are only available through packs tho. Is that true?

Certain Jedi are packs only, so those are hard to level up without spending money, they include Qui-Gon, Old Ben, Aalya Secura, Kit Fisto... The rest about six or seven of them can be farmed from various sources within game.
    I bought the Droid pack and I'm underwhelemed. 86 and 88 are so squishy and don't hit hard enough to justify. HK comes back after death, but once over lvl 50 he dies again first shot by anyone but Barriss so he returns and dies before his turn. I don't think his attacks are that strong either.

Just wait til you encounter a droid team end game in either the arena or GW... yes they remain squishy... but when geared up and have their abilites at lvl 5 or higher, a droid team will decimate a lot of other teams especially if they are full of Jedi
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • The Dark side starter pack and the free Samsung pack for Android users are the best. The other packs are a waste of money.
  • Skye wrote: »
    St3llar wrote: »

Certain Jedi are packs only, so those are hard to level up without spending money, they include Qui-Gon, Old Ben, Aalya Secura, Kit Fisto... The rest about six or seven of them can be farmed from various sources within game.
    I bought the Droid pack and I'm underwhelemed. 86 and 88 are so squishy and don't hit hard enough to justify. HK comes back after death, but once over lvl 50 he dies again first shot by anyone but Barriss so he returns and dies before his turn. I don't think his attacks are that strong either.

Just wait til you encounter a droid team end game in either the arena or GW... yes they remain squishy... but when geared up and have their abilites at lvl 5 or higher, a droid team will decimate a lot of other teams especially if they are full of Jedi

So which bundle would you recommend, Jedi or Droid? Or would you say go crystals and do packs or refreshes and such?
  • Sadly I never got the $5 Dooku pack. Mine came with Greedo instead :/
  • I would think either the Droid or Crystals. Skip the Jedi Pack as it really only offers Mace (for a tank, he's just meh) and the Jedi Consular Crystals that you can star up (but he's farmable). The Jedi Knight Guardian... facing her in PVE is just nothing appealing. I don't think I've hit anyone in PVP that uses her either.

So there's no real appeal for the Jedi pack IMHO.
  • I'd go with crystals and energy recharges. Farm for what you want. I'm disappointed to hear that people are getting Greedo from The DS Starter Pack now. I feel Dooku was the much better deal.
  • I'd go with crystals and energy recharges. Farm for what you want. I'm disappointed to hear that people are getting Greedo from The DS Starter Pack now. I feel Dooku was the much better deal.
    I've only heard good things about the Dooku pack and wasn't very happy when mine was Greedo. I'm only 24/50 on Dooku. It's a slow process. Thanks for the advice on the crystals :smile:
  • You're welcome and good luck with your Dooku.