First #1 Arena

LastJedi
3047 posts Member
Not a payout (yet) but still cool!

After breaking the top ten for the first time while doing my dailies, I decided to waste my last two battles. In the #6 spot, with two battles to go.

I lost my first battle against a QGJ L, Lando, Yoda, Sid, RG team. I had only one sorta unlucky RNG, accidentally triggering an untimely RG taunt. It was close, but I didn't pull it off. So my last battle only got me to #3. Darn.

At least I can take a gander at the specs of the top teams. Who do I spy in first place? Same team that stymied me. REFRESH!

I must have gotten the timing right this time. I finished Yoda off with all 5 of my toons not only standing, but in remarkably good health.

Observations:
All but one of the teams in the top ten are several levels higher than me. As much as 6. I assumed they were way better, all this time. There are a lot of different toons (leia and Rey on the same team!) but the only really super developed team is a droid team that is pretty much maxed to the hilt and one omega ability on IG88. I didn't run across any steroid RG's, GQJ's, or 555's. The highest power team is only 4-5K higher than me, all 7 star P2P jedi team.

I also handily beat the only team that included 555's. I got him down to a 4 on 1, no heals, no stunner. That was the easiest fight I had. Barring the one loss, the real hardest fight I had was against a Dooku lead. I pulled that one off with a sliver of health.

I have four fights left, and hopefully I won't drop too far tonight. Maybe everyone else will be busy trying to join a guild?

So for the first time in maybe a month, Lumi (L) is not only in the top ten, but in the top spot! 6 star QGJ, 4 star RG, no precrafting, no omegas, and Lumi lead. Taking first with all 5 standing. Who'da thunk?

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Congratulations, I'm now level 75 and never cracked the top 100! Lol
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks!

I think everyone is busy with guild stuff. I didn't drop at all for about 9 hours after yesterday's payout. So when I finished my dailies and started arena, I was starting from basically the highest rank I ever had attained, before, at #14.

If I looked at my team, it looks like a pretty easy target. But then again, I have never seen anyone else using my setup. I wish you could see yourself in the arena matchups, in the same format/circle, just to see how it looks to other players!

Woke up to #7 and to 3 guild invites. Awesome. I knew slacking off on guilds would pay off. If there was no "press button = guild member" and guilds received advantages in arena, I predicted the game would lose a lot of money from the other dumb and lazy people who can't be bothered.

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    2jg6wr4.jpg
  • Congrats! Best rank I've ever gotten was 25. Good luck holding your position.