Tarkin - any good?

Vodo
332 posts Member
I was hoping for more new chars in arena/cantina/GW but it seems that Tarkin is the only one. So, is he worth getting?

Replies

• Tarkin is a speed(+28 or something like that) leader for empire synergy.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Glad I can use him as my 5th empire character instead of Snowtrooper. Good leader ability too
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    I want him, he is a must for empire teams I believe
    I am Norwegian!
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    So is he only good for empire teams or dies he fit anywhere else also? How's his damage?
  • Aero wrote: »
    Glad I can use him as my 5th empire character instead of Snowtrooper. Good leader ability too

What's your empire team?
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Vodo wrote: »
    So is he only good for empire teams or dies he fit anywhere else also? How's his damage?

This.

Also, when will he be realeased?
    I am Norwegian!
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Only useful in an empire team really. Probably will be released tomorrow at a guess, same as when guild shipments are meant to come out.

Tarkin could be useful in a darth vader culling blade centric team of empire allies, or just a general empire turn metre manipulating team.

His damage is 'ok'.
  • check his stats - make sure his 80 gets high enough potency - ive heard hes got issues with that
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I've used Tarkin for quite some time in my empire team and he definitely serves his role. I run Tarkin (L), Vader, Magmatrooper, RG and last spot varies.

The speed boost he brings is very nice for the generally slow empire squad. His offense down and turn meter reduction are useful as well. His damage on his basic is pretty solid (crits in the 7-8k range) and aoe damage is "ok" at about 2k. The speed he brings is key for characters like magma getting earlier turns and stalling the other team with TM reduction.

I run an empire team pretty often in arena and have for quite some time now (stay in top 5 typically) and they can compete with any team in the current meta... in fact I find wins easier with them than a lot of other typical setups people use. On defense they suffer the same as most teams do.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I just recently got enough shards to unlock Vader, but haven't done so as he will be 4* and difficult to farm. Can Vader stand on his own at 4*? At what point would it be worthwhile to run him?
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Hm, doesn't sound that well tbh. Guess I pass on the Grandmoff and keep hoarding my arena tokens.

@evanbio : He has nice health at gear viii but his damage is rather low. His specials (the Dot AoE and Culling Blade) are nice but I say he needs at least 5 stars and the right team to be useful in arena.

Stats from my Vader (4*, lvl70, gear 8 with 4/6):

IAwE30n.jpg
  • This guy fits in the "I don't care, I'm getting him" category.
  • I have my jedi team A and Jedi Team B and until Luke and General Kenobi become available I am very content with that....

I have been working on an empire team for a while now

(7* Magma, farming stormtrooper, farming RG (4*) Vader 4* and have GMT at 4*...very happy that I can, hopefully soon, run an all empire team.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • K1ngYoda wrote: »
    I have my jedi team A and Jedi Team B and until Luke and General Kenobi become available I am very content with that....

I have been working on an empire team for a while now

(7* Magma, farming stormtrooper, farming RG (4*) Vader 4* and have GMT at 4*...very happy that I can, hopefully soon, run an all empire team.

How are you liking Magma at 7*?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

What's your empire team?

@Metainventer it was
    Vader (L)
    Magmatrooper
    Stormtrooper
    General Veers
    Royal Guard

But I'm going to sub Vader for Tarkin since Vader is stuck at 5 stars
  • Aero wrote: »

What's your empire team?

@Metainventer it was
    Vader (L)
    Magmatrooper
    Stormtrooper
    General Veers
    Royal Guard

Nice team. If only I had the patience to farm empire.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member

What's your empire team?

@Metainventer it was
    Vader (L)
    Magmatrooper
    Stormtrooper
    General Veers
    Royal Guard

I would drop stormtrooper before Vader. You are going to struggle more with no Vader than with no stormtrooper. His damage over time and culling blade are the only source of any significant damage for the empire team. Even at 5 stars Vader when geared is very strong.

• I don't see tarkin in my arena shipments. anyone else?