Tie pilot is seriously brutal :)

Prev13
wow just got my teams rear end handed to them singlehandedly by leia and pilot. guess its time to start working up that pilot, think i'll let leia park until they debug her.

Replies

• Options
    is there really any counter to leia/pilot? in arena the enemy almost always goes before my characters even when using high speed characters. and once that lil firecracker goes off its game over as one character dies per round from him alone.....sheesh :)
  • Options
    The question to ask is will it get nerfed?
  • Options
    I'm guessing it will, it doesn't help that leia is giving a little more oomph then she's intended but he's still gonna be brutal even when she is fixed. I'm not crying for a nerf but I won't be surprised if it comes along.
  • Options
    Phasma lead, Leia, pilot & 2 heals - easy win.

At the same time if the AI is controlling that team it is an easy win. :o
  • Options
    yeah AI gets a few perks. I did manage to win against that setup but just got lucky he didn't start his nooking spree.
  • Options
    Too bad for the new guy (me) that I only joined this game last week. I'll only have tie pilot to 6/10 by end of December:(
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    He has low hp and average speed. Last I faced him daka basic attack+sidious crit=dead pilot. Haven't seen Leia in a while but lumis special almost killed her. They are powerful but have their weakness like pretty much everyone else.
  • Options
    They are both very hard to star up, but are excellent glass cannons.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Tie pilot has a lot of hp compared to other high dmg options.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    At gear level 6 and lvl 51 my 2* pilot rocks 4 blocks of health. He likes to hide behind the hairy wookie then peek out to boomstick some unsuspecting soul. Need one more star to feel comfortable to put the hair shield away...
  • Options
    Rheen wrote: »

I don't think so.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

I don't think so.

Actually he's right, Tie pilot has a decent amount of hp compared to other glass cannons, a little more than the jawas and IGs at least. One of the people in my arena must have a 6/7* pilot and his hp bar looked slightly bigger than my IG88. A 2* one of course will have very low hp.
  • Options
    @gattorax that's the spirit *sarcasm off*
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    6* Tie pilot one shot my Barriss in GW today. Well, two shot, but one turn. He had decent health and I couldn't kill him fast enough
  • Options

I don't think so.

7 star tie pilot swaps agility for str getting 12k+ health. Up until then he is like a normal glass cannon.
  • Options

I don't think so.

7 star tie pilot swaps agility for str getting 12k+ health. Up until then he is like a normal glass cannon.

Only 7*'s? Hmm. Never going to reach that unless they add him to the GW table. Right now he is way behind my Resistance Pilot and IG86 for health.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Lokai wrote: »
    wow just got my teams rear end handed to them singlehandedly by leia and pilot. guess its time to start working up that pilot, think i'll let leia park until they debug her.

Leia is much worse tban him
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    The question to ask is will it get nerfed?

He's lefit so easy to kill it's like dm but less hp. That's why I run poe but aoe teams get through to my tie pilot
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Removed for Violation of TOS.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »

By has a lot of hp compared to other glass cannons you mean which ones? Bc he legit has the lowest hp in the game noob. I bet you're the same kind of person that cried for Barriss and dooku nerf bc you didn't own them. People need to just make a team that works for them and stop crying for nerfs on characters that are strong with obvious weaknesses.
    @Rutank

Tho I agree that he is well balanced, he does not have the lowest hp in the game nor even at the same role (IG88 is 7.2k whereas FOTP is 8.2k) so does this make you noob-ier?
  • Options
    Thundergod wrote: »

I don't think so.

Actually he's right, Tie pilot has a decent amount of hp compared to other glass cannons, a little more than the jawas and IGs at least. One of the people in my arena must have a 6/7* pilot and his hp bar looked slightly bigger than my IG88. A 2* one of course will have very low hp.

Go to swgoh cantina and actually look up hp stats bc you're 100% weong. Ig68 has like 3k more hp than him and ig88 is about 1.5k more hp. Taking a look at hp by bars doesn't mean jack. Not to mention armor and other things that go into account of survivablity

• Options

I don't think so.

Go to swgoh cantina and actually look up hp stats bc you're 100% weong. Ig68 has like 3k more hp than him and ig88 is about 1.5k more hp. Taking a look at hp by bars doesn't mean jack. Not to mention armor and other things that go into account of survivablity

@Rutank

Firstly, your argument was FOTP has the 'legit lowest hp' not survivability, so lets see if he has more or less hp than IG88,

http://www.swgohcantina.com/first-order-tie-pilot/ 8369.6hp
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/ig-88/ 7242hp
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/ig-86-sentinel-droid/ 9147.98hp

So it is obvious that IG88 has less hp, and their armors are roughly equal only 0.2 difference. Please learn to type as well, it makes my eyes bleed just to read those sentences.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

I don't think so.

Removed for violation of TOS

Removed for Violation of TOS
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

I don't think so.

@Rutank

Firstly, your argument was FOTP has the 'legit lowest hp' not survivability, so lets see if he has more or less hp than IG88,

http://www.swgohcantina.com/first-order-tie-pilot/ 8369.6hp
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/ig-88/ 7242hp
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/ig-86-sentinel-droid/ 9147.98hp

So it is obvious that IG88 has less hp, and their armors are roughly equal only 0.2 difference. Please learn to type as well, it makes my eyes bleed just to read those sentences.

Autocorrect fagboi. Ok my bad ig88 has lower hp but that's probably the only other one. Qui gon has more hp too. Anyways tie pilot doesn't need a nerf just like Darth maul doesn't either. Yes he wrecks face but he also dies from sid aoe and lum special before I even get s turn.

That I agree upon as well, I'm pretty amazed that most of the toons are well-balanced, there are some that definitely need a buff but there are none that need nerfs, only fixes in case of Leia.
  • Options
    and I didn't start this thread to get any nerfs. was just my first tangle with a highly geared/stared FOTP and he absolutely wrecked face.
  • Options
    Lokai wrote: »
    and I didn't start this thread to get any nerfs. was just my first tangle with a highly geared/stared FOTP and he absolutely wrecked face.

Yeah but everyone is always quick to say someone needs a nerf bc they don't have that char stared up and didn't invest time into him. Old Ben didn't need a nerf yes he's stormg but he's also pretty useless after he does his mind trick, same win bariss.
  • Options
    oh I won't be surprised if he gets nerfed, but i'll see how he dances once I get more characters to 60 and purple gear. I suspect he'll still be a tough nut to crack as he has high speed and apparently 12k health once purple geared? scary little punk.
  • Options
    Leia and Tie Pilot do not need to be nerfed so that madness needs to stop.
    The AI needs to be adjusted so their "bonus" attacks aren't 100% when defending.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Options
    Tryban is right . Not to be nerfed, Just a better AI is suffisant .
  • Options
    Tie pilot and Leia together is not scary at all, but when they team up with Poe they become godlike. To me the game changer is Poe. There are plenty of canons in this game, pilot is just one of many. Poe's speed and meter control ability is truly unique.
    That's whom you should worry about, not some one dimensional canon Tie pilot or Leia.