Tie pilot is seriously brutal :)

Replies

• Fought a 7* Tie Pilot today who was teamed up with Stormtrooper Han. It was brutal.

Tie Pilot resisted 3 stuns, one shot my Ahsoka for 11k. Then Han taunted. I used Asajj's dispel, resisted. GG.

He needs to be tuned down. I thought it would happen same time as resistance pilot, but then there would be complaints from the community, considering its "his month" on the login shards. He will likely get "adjusted" next month.
  • Toolio wrote: »
    Fought a 7* Tie Pilot today who was teamed up with Stormtrooper Han. It was brutal.

Tie Pilot resisted 3 stuns, one shot my Ahsoka for 11k. Then Han taunted. I used Asajj's dispel, resisted. GG.

He needs to be tuned down. I thought it would happen same time as resistance pilot, but then there would be complaints from the community, considering its "his month" on the login shards. He will likely get "adjusted" next month.

I don't get why he needs to be tuned, him resisting stuns is RNG and he can crit that much only if he has buffs stacked on him and at that point it is normal because if he were hitting for measly 7-8k w/buffs why would you field him.
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    Toolio wrote: »
    Fought a 7* Tie Pilot today who was teamed up with Stormtrooper Han. It was brutal.

I don't get why he needs to be tuned, him resisting stuns is RNG and he can crit that much only if he has buffs stacked on him and at that point it is normal because if he were hitting for measly 7-8k w/buffs why would you field him.

Because he far outshines other characters? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I have never hit 7-8k with any character regardless of buffs. Fully geared Ventress 7* with Rampage active crits around 5k. Luminara a bit lower with her special. I hit 6k once with my 6* Kylo Ren when he was below 50% health. He isn't a glass cannon either he has a decent health pool. Definitely larger than Maul or 88.

He's OP. That's why all the big spenders are currently running him on my server, and actually building teams around him. He should and will get toned down.
    Heronmar wrote: »

Because he far outshines other characters? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I have never hit 7-8k with any character regardless of buffs. Fully geared Ventress 7* with Rampage active crits around 5k. Luminara a bit lower with her special. I hit 6k once with my 6* Kylo Ren when he was below 50% health. He isn't a glass cannon either he has a decent health pool. Definitely larger than Maul or 88.

He's OP. That's why all the big spenders are currently running him on my server, and actually building teams around him. He should and will get toned down.

I can crit 7k with my IG88 with Poggle buff and I'm only level 54 and IG is 5*. So I can see myself critting up to 10k with max stats.

And FOTP only has 1k hp more than IG88, 1k less IG86 and is slower than both. So he is a good, balanced character no different than any other glass cannons.
    Heronmar wrote: »

A lot of characters cri 8k and more. My 86 cri 9k and not counting the assist. 88 AOE 20k to 25k on the team. Vader cri 20k on a single target. Resistance pilot, Luke, Opress, should I go on?
  • You also have to take in to account that FOTP has a built in advantage right now in that we are seeing him at more peak performance than most other characters. FOTP can go to gear 8, he's not capped at 7 like most. He also gets ALOT of health / power from completing his 7th gear and then filling out 5/6 of the gear slots on his 8th gear (he only has 1/6 gear slots on gear 8 that are capped or he could go to gear 9). Just on the 8th gear slots alone combined, he picks up the following:

STR: 26 (this is his health)
    AGI: 58 (this is related to his hitting power on physical damage)
    INT: 26 (this is related to his special damage power)

Health: 730 (so this is in top of the STR benefit
    Speed: 4

So while many characters can't even finish gear 7 (which is also a HUGE gear for FOTP to finish) he can not only finish gear 7, but nearly finish gear 8...and his gear 8 is one of the best gears for a character I've seen (this bodes well for other characters once the cap comes off).

You have to take in to account this massive early stage advantage for FOTP when considering balance. He's ahead of the pack right now and gear is KING in this game...not stars. Gear. He will naturally "tone down" as others can go gear 8 and beyond after the cap is lifted. If you tone him down now, once everyone else is also on gear 8+ then he will be behind.

For an even comparison: Unfinished gear 7 FOTP doesn't crit for 11k. He does about 7.5k max on his special with no other supporting buffs. He will do about a 4k crit on his basic. So these numbers that may seem high relative to other characters are mostly a product of him having an early build advantage on his gear not being level capped.
  • You also have to take in to account that FOTP has a built in advantage right now in that we are seeing him at more peak performance than most other characters. FOTP can go to gear 8, he's not capped at 7 like most. He also gets ALOT of health / power from completing his 7th gear and then filling out 5/6 of the gear slots on his 8th gear (he only has 1/6 gear slots on gear 8 that are capped or he could go to gear 9). Just on the 8th gear slots alone combined, he picks up the following:

So while many characters can't even finish gear 7 (which is also a HUGE gear for FOTP to finish) he can not only finish gear 7, but nearly finish gear 8...and his gear 8 is one of the best gears for a character I've seen (this bodes well for other characters once the cap comes off).

You have to take in to account this massive early stage advantage for FOTP when considering balance. He's ahead of the pack right now and gear is KING in this game...not stars. Gear. He will naturally "tone down" as others can go gear 8 and beyond after the cap is lifted. If you tone him down now, once everyone else is also on gear 8+ then he will be behind.

For an even comparison: Unfinished gear 7 FOTP doesn't crit for 11k. He does about 7.5k max on his special with no other supporting buffs. He will do about a 4k crit on his basic. So these numbers that may seem high relative to other characters are mostly a product of him having an early build advantage on his gear not being level capped.

Very good points

• I hadn't used him before today because I only have him at 2* with level 5 gear but I had to bring him in my last battle since I only had two toons left. He took out the last level 60 character and won me GW. I can't wait to level him up.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member

Funny, because Phasma's purple gear arrangement is absolutely awful.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    well, today I faced rank #1 in my server, he had a 7* FOtP. I got screwed. He has a huge amount of HP and he one-shoted my 7* sidious and my 5* phasma, both capped in gear. The battle took no more than 45 seconds :|
    Post edited by Zalenira on
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    You also have to take in to account that FOTP has a built in advantage right now in that we are seeing him at more peak performance than most other characters. FOTP can go to gear 8, he's not capped at 7 like most. He also gets ALOT of health / power from completing his 7th gear and then filling out 5/6 of the gear slots on his 8th gear (he only has 1/6 gear slots on gear 8 that are capped or he could go to gear 9). Just on the 8th gear slots alone combined, he picks up the following:

Very good points

Yeah great comments. I had no idea of the gear advantage. Time to take him to 4 stars and gear him up
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    rotam wrote: »
    well, today I faced rank #1 in my server, he had a 7* FOtP. I got screwed. That sneaky bast..rd has a huge amount of HP and he one-shoted my 7* sidious and my 5* phasma, both capped in gear. The battle took no more than 45 seconds :|
    People complain when other people ask for nerfs, but that's pretty ridiculous. One-shotting in the first round should not be a routine occurrence for ANY character. It is just bad design.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    well, today I faced rank #1 in my server, he had a 7* FOtP. I got screwed. That sneaky bast..rd has a huge amount of HP and he one-shoted my 7* sidious and my 5* phasma, both capped in gear. The battle took no more than 45 seconds :|
    People complain when other people ask for nerfs, but that's pretty ridiculous. One-shotting in the first round should not be a routine occurrence for ANY character. It is just bad design.

I can take 75% health off a 7* Sid with a 5* IG88 that has Poggle buff on. I'd expect it to one-shoot a 7* Sid when it is also 7*, it is what those glass cannons are designed to do.

And I'm almost absolutely certain that FOTP cannot do those deeds 'naked' (no buffs on).
  • FOTP and Leia I faced today with lando. Lasted about 30 seconds maybe less. By the time I was able to take my first strike I had one character left. in case your wondering I'm lvl60 with very descent characters with very high gear.

I'm not saying they need a nurf but let's say the game is kinda boring when it's over in less than 30 secs, and your team has 100% no chance of winning. Was kinda funny to watch thou...
  • Sunnyred wrote: »
    FOTP and Leia I faced today with lando. Lasted about 30 seconds maybe less. By the time I was able to take my first strike I had one character left. in case your wondering I'm lvl60 with very descent characters with very high gear.

I'm not saying they need a nurf but let's say the game is kinda boring when it's over in less than 30 secs, and your team has 100% no chance of winning. Was kinda funny to watch thou...

You have to get a speed advantage on FOTP to either kill him or put a damage down on him. He has great one shot hit power, but unless hes 7* and max gear 8 he can be killed fairly quick if you have firepower hitting back at him. Healing / chip damage teams for example won't cut it. Think of fast and high damage. Less tanking / healing.
  • Wifi
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    well, today I faced rank #1 in my server, he had a 7* FOtP. I got screwed. He has a huge amount of HP and he one-shoted my 7* sidious and my 5* phasma, both capped in gear. The battle took no more than 45 seconds :|

You are incorrect in your statement. First of all his speed is low so bring heavy single target hitters and not a 3 healer setup. Burst him first and he dies before he gets his attack. This goes to your incorrect statement... He does not have a huge HP pool, in fact, he has the one of the lowest HP pools in the game making burst killing viable. If you let him live, yes he takes one of your team down most of the time unless you get lucky and he aims for a tank. I have him at 6* and he is beastly but the most squishy.

What was the rest of his team?

Edit: I didn't realize he has access to gear 8 until reading another post in this very thread. Given this, I'm not sure how much health he gains for gear 8.

Very well written and precisely fact based. This character is not Op in design but currently is Op in the fact that it gains access to Gear 8. Once other characters catch up in gear he will be just like the other glass cannons in the game, high risk, high reward - a player capable of one shooting but can be taken out very fast, sometimes even before he attacks given his slow speed.
  • Time
    293 posts Member

Hey toolio who was that you faced? Just curious because you are on my server.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tryban wrote: »
    Leia and Tie Pilot do not need to be nerfed so that madness needs to stop.
    The AI needs to be adjusted so their "bonus" attacks aren't 100% when defending.

Leia needs to be brought up to spec. No nerf, just make her do what she must and not 3x what she must - like she currently does today. Otherwise, just update the specs with a buff that doesn't change anything but at least list her true stats.

TIE pilot is ok, but OP. Not weak, and when figthing iut of turn plus assisting you start to note why there shouldn't be chars that can do 12k damage iver a regular turn meter. Will I cry if adjusted? No, and I have a rather starred pilot. If they leave it stock, great. Hebis hard to farm and I have an edge.

The whining about those whining about nerf, are they the "OP status quo" whiners? I don't think so, but sometimes I wonder...

• Time wrote: »

Pretty sure it was the guy named Dave
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Time wrote: »

Ohh that makes sense lol haven't fought him since he had Dooku as leader.
    Yeah the only person on our server with Han leader. Have a feeling I should go for him seeing as how I like my glass cannons.
  • Time wrote: »
    Time wrote: »

Ohh that makes sense lol haven't fought him since he had Dooku as leader.
    Yeah the only person on our server with Han leader. Have a feeling I should go for him seeing as how I like my glass cannons.

His team is challenging but I have beat him since. I'm glad I chose Ventress to unlock before Sid because she is a hard counter to his Han+Poggle. When her Strike Fear ability works of course which seems to be less than 50% of the time.

But if I can't land a stun or ability block on the Tie Pilot, and Han resists the taunt dispel, it's basically all over red rover.
  • Would love to see the balance once level cap is off and we can gear/level more toons. Nerfing before we even have endgame is silly to say the least. Tho I do agree he has high dmg output.
    Leia definately needs a fix with that 3 to 4x shooting thingy. She always procs her buffs and she always attacks first.
    Not a nerf, just a fix on that ridiculous proc chance which is pretty much 100%.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I think TIE is not balance.

TIE (common soldier in the movie) can be kill all main character (all jedi, sith) on "One Turn Kill".

• AluvisZ wrote: »
    I think TIE is not balance.

TIE (common soldier in the movie) can be kill all main character (all jedi, sith) on "One Turn Kill".

Thing is CG doesnt really follow lore that closely when it comes to in game characters power levels. Get used to it
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    213e5c.jpg

thats rank #1 in my server, i guess that TP is 7*, but dunno, anyway thats very high hp, that team is almost untouchable. As you can see he started attacking with the tie pilot, its bar already refilled and in less than 10 seconds I lost my 7* JC.
    So, definitely, this game is pay to win
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Glass cannons that aren't made of glass are overpowered. Period. No character should be able to dish out the kind of damage this one can while having a health bar that looks like that.

This character needs to be fixed.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    Lokai wrote: »
    oh I won't be surprised if he gets nerfed, but i'll see how he dances once I get more characters to 60 and purple gear. I suspect he'll still be a tough nut to crack as he has high speed and apparently 12k health once purple geared? scary little punk.

Lol you can 1 shot him that's how hard he is. You guys aren't top level yet maybe get there then start crying

• Rutank
    409 posts Member
    Tryban wrote: »
    Leia and Tie Pilot do not need to be nerfed so that madness needs to stop.
    The AI needs to be adjusted so their "bonus" attacks aren't 100% when defending.

And while you're at that, make sure that they don't dodge 15 times in a row with 10 hp. Literally their daka which has no dodge whatsoever, dodged like 5 of my attacks which lead to my loss. It's **** if you ask me
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Glass cannons that aren't made of glass are overpowered. Period. No character should be able to dish out the kind of damage this one can while having a health bar that looks like that.

This character needs to be fixed.

Seriously you look at the health bar and say 'Hey this guy has so much hp' whereas he has ONLY 1k more hp than the SQUISHIEST character in game (IG88) and he has 1k LESS hp than IG86 and both of these droids are generally considered squishy. And the only reason he even has that much of hp is because he can almost go to Gear9, I guess next time around you'll say 'NO CHARACTER SHOULD GO TO GEAR9 FIX PLS'

Geez you and your health bar judgments, check their stats before saying 'NERFNERNERF'