Bye bye Dooku

Mazurka
961 posts Member
Just threw in QGJ and yoda. The changes to counter attacks have affected him a lot. I am mopping the floor with teams that were previously wrecking me. Dooku now doesn't gain as much turn meter, doesn't stun as much, even his leader ability isn't as annoying anymore. Yoda has a way bigger upper hand in utility now. 5's, Daka, and RG were no issue for me the last several games. i feel Dooku lost a lot of viability, and his annoyance factor with these new updates. Tell me what y'all think

Replies

• Bones
    456 posts Member
    haven't tried it yet, but thats what i am hoping for. hes still a good leader, but just use st han and you can get all kinds of turn meter just by attacking dooku. same with fives too.
  • Just ditched him from my arena team, leaving him behind in gearing and leveling. Replaced him with Savage and back to a Phasma lead
  • I had 2 tries against a dooku lead team in arena and they still dodged more than 50% of my attacks.
  • Don't get it. As much as I hated Dooku and thought he needed a change, this was again the wrong change. Should have got rid of his secondary stun chance and fixed his leader ability. Counters and damage should have been left alone.
  • If his team doesnt dodge an obscene amount he is useless
  • AI doesn't really know how to use him properly. I never use him to attack anyone other than Jedi. QGJ/Yoda/Lumi are not very dangerous if they are always stunned.
  • I will say that 5's as last man standing gets a lot tougher with D lead
  • I don't really see how dooku is "dead". As a team leader, he still offers everything he did before.

All I need from him every match is to offer a fair amount of dodges for my RG, and a special stun to QGJ at the beginning of the game and it's a win. Anything after that it's just extra, especially after the last update considering he hasn't been hitting hard anyway. But that's just me
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    My last arena battle yesterday produced 19 dodges (I counted) in 3 mins under a dodge-ku lead. I run a phas (L) with assister dps. He's still effective.
  • Yeah, I wanted to agree that he still seems to be quite effective. His ability to counter Jedi is still strong and there are enough Jedi teams left to pick on.
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Proud Consular.
  • While Dooku's effectiveness attacking has been lessened, I would say he's still a very strong pick as lead for certain teams.
  • I hit 1st tonight with him as my lead .
  • In the updates notes it was stipulated that assist attacks will not trigger counters any longer, thus Dooku's paybacks are significant limited now.
  • Dooku is still a beast and his teams dodge an insane amount of attacks, he still is amazing as lead, and still harasses the **** out of my team. Dooku teams are still by FAR the teams I stay away from, too much RNG.
  • I pulled him out of my arena L team and replaced him with phasma.
  • He's soft as silk now. Think there will be some switching back to QGJ leads. Lumi, Phasma, Old Ben, Ackbar will also become more popular.