Guild Chat

There is supposed to be a Guild Chat icon under the Achievements icon. I do not see it on my tablet. I am using an Ellipsis tablet from Verizon. I downloaded the update this morning and have been able to do various guild activities, but do not see this button. It is also supposed to be available in the Guild area, but I don't see anything other than the Guild Store, Raids, and Manage that are active. Do you need any other information from me?

Replies

• My friend has this problem too. I can provide his ally code.
    He did not tie his google acct to his game acct. It doesn't seem there is a way for him to do this anymore, although he did look for an option after about a week of playing. Is there a way for him to do it now?
  • Add me to this list. I also can't change my name (stuck with Mol Eliza).
  • I'm also stuck with Mol Eliza and can't find guilds chat...please help.
  • Same again, no guild chat, no name change, stuck as Mol Eliza
  • Guild chat is disabled for people younger than 18 years. When you started the game there was a moment you had to enter your age. Maybe you guys entered the wrong age or you really are underage
  • Anathien
    107 posts Member
    my friend has the same problem and this should be fixed somehow !

you can reset everyone's age and force the game to ask us again ?
  • You can ask Support to change Mol Eliza, its related the "-18 age" in the beginning of the game.

Vote here about -18 age game features limitation to let them know and perhaps they delivery it on upcoming update.
    Poll: do-you-agree-to-make-all-game-features-are-accessible-to-all-players-including-18-age
  • It would be nice if someone from EA would respond to this. My concern for myself is not so much the in-game chat, but what else did not install properly when the Guild update came through? It would be nice if at least there was some way to force an update, but I do not see how, even looked on Google Play.
  • It looks like the update on 05/10/2016 now sends out notifications to players when a raid starts. My guild had a raid start on 05/12/2016 and I did not see anything. Does the notification come through the guild chat. My system still does not have a chat feature.
  • Stoned
    2 posts Member
    I contacted ea support chat, they cannot change the date
  • Stoned
    2 posts Member
    Did anybody find a workaround yet?
  • Hey Stoned, I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about how my tablet has no guild chat icon on desktop or display or whatever you call it. The only way I can contact the guild I am in is through Discord, a completely different application. I have not heard anything from EA. How were you able to contact them?
  • I, too, am not able to see the "guild chat" option. I called EA and spoke to someone, who said it is a bug that they know about and are working on. I'm not sure that I believe him because my account was "set up" by my three year old, so I never clicked the over 18 box. ...but that's what he said.
  • Is it possible to add the option to change Age in settings. Using the Apple ID of the user whose account the game is tied to should be enough. that's all that was needed to do it in the first place.

Any news on this?
  • I, too, am not able to see the "guild chat" option. I called EA and spoke to someone, who said it is a bug that they know about and are working on. I'm not sure that I believe him because my account was "set up" by my three year old, so I never clicked the over 18 box. ...but that's what he said.

I can't remember how I set my own account up, but I can see that under Google Play that the Parental Controls are off, so I would think that I indicated that I was over 18, just not sure.
  • Blocmonkey wrote: »
    Is it possible to add the option to change Age in settings. Using the Apple ID of the user whose account the game is tied to should be enough. that's all that was needed to do it in the first place.

Any news on this?

I have no new news other than what I mentioned above to Auren_Shodon.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    News is sad.
    I called Support about age problem near 20 December 2015. They did nothing during last half a year.
    Do not wait for fix. Or wait some years , maybe.
  • Just called in the support and he said there is no such a thing as "in-game-chat" for SWGOH app. I stopped talking to the guy. Sad!
  • I am still having all these problems and I've had the game for over a year and a half now and all my friends that joined recently have all these features.
  • My son has the same issue on his tablet, it did not link to the google play store initially it appears and not cannot, nor does he have guild chat nor the ability to change from the default name. How can something be going on like this for a year and no corrections?
  • Had this problem. On iOS I logged out of Game Center. Played through the game until it asked me for my age. Then with the right respose all options were there. Closed game, reopened and logged back into Game Center. My orginal account was loaded and now I had chat and could finally change my name.

I did also reinstall the game before doing this, but I don't know if that was necessary or not.