Kicked from guild after I used my energy...

Prev13
Was definitely in the top 10 contributors to my guild today. Came home to find I was kicked out. So they probably get credit for all my energy and I can't join another guild till tomorrow.

So what's to stop guilds from letting in new players, waiting for them to spend their energy, then booting them and repeating the process with another recruit? Could cycle in lots of extra players all day.

Unless the energy I spent is taken from the guild when I leave, I can see this being potentially bad.

Replies

• Options
    Feel free to join mine, I just want people in my guild period, doing something, I'll take Tier 1/2 rewards over none at all.
  • Options
    Angels and demons are recruiting we want producers not takers. Who is John Gault?
  • Options
    Unless the energy I spent is taken from the guild when I leave, I can see this being potentially bad.

I totally agree.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    And another reason I was apprehensive...

This is gonna happen now, gotta find a real guild or make one.

300k isnt that bad...
  • Options
    Why would anyone be kicked? I just made a guild and am curious (not that I'd kick someone unless they were idle too long).
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Was definitely in the top 10 contributors to my guild today. Came home to find I was kicked out. So they probably get credit for all my energy and I can't join another guild till tomorrow.

So what's to stop guilds from letting in new players, waiting for them to spend their energy, then booting them and repeating the process with another recruit? Could cycle in lots of extra players all day.

This would seem like a really bad practice for a whole lot of reasons... Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that a guild would do that kind of thing for no reason.
  • Options
    Sam thing happened to me 8th highest contributor then kicked for no reason. Its frustrating.
  • Options
    Barely 24 hours since guilds got launched and already this?
    Terrible OP, sorry for you.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kicks should be scheduled 1 min after rewards time so everyone gets their effort and deserved rewards.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    You sure were kicked? There's a bug where one get kicked out but no one actually did it, and the rest of the guild can still see you name on it as if you were still a member. Happened to 2 guys in my guild, we created it a month ago so they weren't new guys.
  • Options
    I'm recruting for Retails Rejects if anyone cares, as long as we complete something each day, I'm happy.
  • Options
    I got booted from my guild just clicking guild icon got back but lost all my contributions points back to last place in the guild
  • Options
    Angels and demons are recruiting we want producers not takers. Who is John Gault?

I wanna join your guild!
  • Options
    This makes me want to make a guild and invite you. Complete garbage. Should make it so that there's a cool down before allowing any member to take the booted members place. 24 hour minimum.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    This makes me want to make a guild and invite you. Complete garbage. Should make it so that there's a cool down before allowing any member to take the booted members place. 24 hour minimum.
    That would be kinda lame. They should just make it so the guild loses any coins that player made. And, the player gets to take it with them to the next guild.
  • Options

I don't know who John Gault is, but John Galt is the mysterious protagonist in Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".
  • Options
    Happened again this morning. After spending tons of energy on a guild I got in last night. No reason at all. Was definitely in the top half of my guild as far as contribution. I just don't get it. Frustrated.
  • Options
    Anyone who gets kicked out feel free to join mine. I won't kick you out, I just want people to join my guild and play daily so that we can do raids more often. Level is not a problem seeing as lower level players level up faster which means more energy which means we can blast through the guild activity tiers and do mid level raid tiers quicker.
  • Options
    @Kylobiwan_Renobi feel free to join me, I won't kick you nor pressure you into joining. I am safe however and shall not kick you should you decide to join
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1708 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Happened again this morning. After spending tons of energy on a guild I got in last night. No reason at all. Was definitely in the top half of my guild as far as contribution. I just don't get it. Frustrated.

Sorry that happened to you, bro. Not only is that not right, it's underhanded and wrong. I think our guild has a few openings left: The Force United. GREAT bunch of guys and we chat almost all day on how to game plan for the betterment of the guild. Additionally, it's a laid back guild. Everyone in there has a busy life. Perfect fit for all of us in it.

I'm not an officer or leader so I can't be the one to invite, but It wouldn't hurt to inquire.

• Options
    I don't know your individual cases, but after the update a had 2 players kicked out of my guild (I'm the GL). Let me tell you, it can be a PR nightmare. The last thing I'd want is a something like this to happen to one of my members especially w/I the first 48. And this is happening to many other guilds, as well. I would encourage you to contact your GL (I know your probably thinking, ""well no sh1+, Batman!"). But I'd at least ask what the reason was. If they don't answer, well screw then for being jerks.
    Again, I don't know your circumstances, but is this "update guild ejection" a possibility? Oh and it gets better, when I put in his ally code the game told me it couldn't find the member. Took a few hours before we were able to get them back both on board. Thanks a lot EA!
  • Options
    Breakthru wrote: »

I totally agree.

I feel the same, but had a slightly different situation. I left because the guild I was in initially didn't speak english (not trying to disparage, it's the truth). I left, but already spent my energy, had the same thoughts..

Why did the energy stay with the guild? I spent it I should keep it.

Also you must have left 2 guilds because you can't join more than 2 guilds in a 24 hour period, but getting kicked from one should not prevent you from joining another unless.. you are leaving out some crucial info.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Publicly shame the guilds in the forum who are following this bad practice(if proven was not a glitch as mentioned by the other posters.)
  • Options
    Join us!
    TheGoodTheBadAndTheUgnaught
    723 547 697 !
    Never kick unless people stop playing. Fair right?
  • Options
    Same thing happen to me 2 days in a row...must be a glitch? Why would people kick active players?
  • Options
    My guild is full, all L73+
    The only way I'd kick is if I have very little or no contribution from anyone after a reasonable period. So far just 5 players on zero and a few more on less than 100 but will definitely give them longer before deciding. Ideally need 1:1 player messaging so can ask and discuss....
  • Options

you might be jumping to conclusions:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/32656/game-update-4-25-2016#latest

Fixed a bug that would sometimes kick a player from a Guild if they rejected a pending invite from the Guild they were already in.

Could be a bug...

• Options
    I was just kicked from my guild after racking up a ton of coins. I hate this **** game
  • Options
    I made my own guild called MOT been going two days played arena did some gw then clicked guild said no guild I was leader **** is this **** about played this game for a long time now and to say I'm **** don't come close tried restarting submitted tickets etc and still no guild back takes the ****
  • Options
    I'll ibly kick someone if they're not doing anything...but still give them a chance to prove they're not on holiday or anything lol WookieSanctuary come join me 776-683-466 ally code