Rating healers?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited December 2015
How would you rate them?

I'm new but here are the ones I have tried so far...

- Barriss: Amazing. Not much more to say here. Heals a lot, but beyond that, gets you out of the "one character is about to die" jam. Has renewed my faith in Chewie. On top of that is tanky as heck.. and even has a secondary all-party heal.

- Jedi Consular: Basic healer, secondary ability is not that exciting. Everyone has him. Sort of run-of-the-mill.

- Talia: Good, and the only option on the dark side, but requires much more careful planning to use than the others. She is also very susceptible to "falling behind" in terms of health and not being able to catch up. IMO much better as a secondary healer than a primary one.

- Ewok Elder: Haven't really used this guy much. The revive ability is great.

- Old Daka: Haven't used much, maybe the only other healer on the dark side? One annoyance for me is the very slow animation for her base attack (or maybe it just seems slow).

- Luminara: I'm told she's good but when I've borrowed her she hasn't healed for much more than the Consular. Ability block is a nice secondary.

I'm sure I've missed some.

Special mention: Ahsoka Tano... not really a healer but frequently self-heals and on occasion heals the party. There are probably others like this I don't know about. I am torn on whether to level her up or not as I do have a lot of healers already.

Is Luminara worth leveling / gearing up when I have the Consular already? They are really somewhat similar and the Consular looks easier to level up.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• I feel Luminara is worth leveling up.
    1. Heals well
    2. Has an ability block
    3. Does much more damage than Consular

Can swap Consular out for Luminara or use a 3 Healer team for Galactic Wars,
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• My Jedi Healer team:
    Barris(L), Luminara, Consular, Ashoka & Aalya have been doing well in Galactic Wars.
    Haven't missed a 12/12 and taking out level 58 teams at 44.
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    That sounds like the sort of team I might make. Love defensive characters.

Though I'd have a hard time not fitting Dooku in there (as little sense as that makes in terms of the real Star Wars universe!)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I decided to bump up Ahsoka and she's been pretty good so far.

But it appears the only way to level her is cantina shipments.. and there are other good options there too. Tough call.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Jedi Consular is pretty decent since at higher skill levels you can permanently reduce the cooldown of his heal by 1 turn as well as have a 25% chance to reduce all cooldowns by 1 turn with a basic attack.

A decent heal every 3 or potentially 2 turns is a godsend when you're in a pinch.

Not to mention his special ability attack can also heal him as well.

Luminara I like as my leader because I don't have Barriss yet. The level 4 leader skill gives all Jedi allies a heal for 4% of their health at the start of their turn (half for non Jedi), and every little bit counts really. I think Barriss' leader skill does the same?
  • Yeah. I don't have Barriss, but I've got Luminara to 5* now, and that shared portion of their leader ability - the 4%/2% heal - really starts to add up if you keep them levelled and geared. Not so much for the Arena, maybe, but it's totally clutch in Galactic War; trick is to take out their tankiest char last, so your guys get a couple of turns each while you finish them off slowly. That way everyone heals back up, your cooldowns reset, and you're fresh (or close to it) for the next encounter.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Slushie wrote: »
    Jedi Consular is pretty decent since at higher skill levels you can permanently reduce the cooldown of his heal by 1 turn as well as have a 25% chance to reduce all cooldowns by 1 turn with a basic attack.

Thank you! This sort of info is hard to come by.
    Not to mention his special ability attack can also heal him as well.

Yes this is a life-saver.
    Luminara I like as my leader because I don't have Barriss yet. The level 4 leader skill gives all Jedi allies a heal for 4% of their health at the start of their turn (half for non Jedi), and every little bit counts really. I think Barriss' leader skill does the same?

Yes, it's the same... need one more green triangle for that one. :)
  • I really like Ahsoka a lot and it is so sweet when she lands a crit on protective maneuver. I haven't leveled any of her abilities so I wonder how she looks then…
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    So are Talia and Old Daka in fact the only dark side healers?

I didn't want to use my squad cantina rewards (orange ball) on her because I wanted to get shards to upgrade Ahsoka. But having only one healer in dark side missions is a bit painful... especially due to the dicey nature of Talia's heal.
  • Dev's have really dropped the ball on Dark side healing. I get that the dark side is more about destruction and dominance then helping your buddies out, but the only 2 healer are junk.

Old Daka drops dead if harsh words are thrown her way, and her heal is just so bad. Talia MIGHT be good if they restored the damage on her 3 and made it restore health as well as her 1.

What gives yo?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yah I have borrowed Daka and her heal is pretty lame.

She is completely outclassed by 4 or 5 light side healers so I would only use her for dark side missions.. not a good use of resources so I guess I'll spend my orange balls elsewhere. :)
  • I know you are just rating her healing ability but Daka lvld up is a beast. 60% chance to stun with her normal attack. Also, group revive on teamates death is her unique skill and another chance to revive teamates with a higher percentage when she uses her heal. She can't even be judged with the light side healers.
  • I have Bariss lvld up to gear lvl 7 and all of her attacks and abilities are lvl 5. Her heal only works really well if she has high health. The other problem is her attack is just so weak. I put a lot of stock in her early on and she didn't disappointe. But now that my team is getting better and better(average arena rank is 90-115) I find myself preferring luminara. Her heal is just as good and she can hold her own in dealing dmg. I have 4 star consular and his cooldown attack can be handy but again he doesn't do a lot of dmg.
  • Lumi has a two-turn HoT, significant since she can essentially continue to heal even after ability block. Also, she is highest damage dealing healer in the game. The special hits like a truck with a huge chance of ability-block.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318