Kylo drop rate

So....I just got to 4c and I'm tempted to start farming him. Altho when I fight him in pvp he seems really medicore, but anyway he seem better option than Phasma I am using now or Ventress I also got.

So...what is your luck with shards, boys, on average? Is it even worth starting? F2p so not unlimited refill crystals =]

Replies

• It's around 30-40% ... 50% on a lucky day.
  • Out of 200 energy I got 13 shards, so was pretty lucky. You're also building towards cantina shipments with this, so if you want kylo farm him imo.
  • Problem is, every time I face him he seems really medicore while heaving nice HP. Really, he seems like he's never a threat...on the other hand I just ate 2k aoe from Ventress, dat did hurt >.< Also, he is competiting with JC there as I farm him mainly from Cantina (Dooku from PvE).

So I wonder if I shall give resourcs to farm him which is strongly dependand of his drop rate :)
    Thx for answers, lf more :)
  • Islindur wrote: »
    Problem is, every time I face him he seems really medicore while heaving nice HP. Really, he seems like he's never a threat...

Well, his in-game character seems to match the movie version, lol.
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Islindur wrote: »
    Problem is, every time I face him he seems really medicore while heaving nice HP. Really, he seems like he's never a threat...

Well, his in-game character seems to match the movie version, lol.

He must be very bad than lol a Padawan or any Jedi Knight from the clone wars would beat Kylo Ren.
    Finn (yes a stormtrooper) held up ok with kylo and Rey defeated him with no training whatsoever and lightsabres are notoriously known for being difficult to master, hence why many start at young stage.
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The average is 1/3 at best, anyone who says 50% just had a run of good luck over a small sample size. 13 out of 20 is INSANELY lucky. For several days I got very close to 1/3, the last two I have had bad luck, this morning it was like 8 out of 30, again within normal ranges for a 1/3 average. But RNG is RNG.. yesterday at one point I had like 3 drops out of 20 tries or something and then got 6 in a row.
    Now the game is taunting me as I am at 64/65 and have used up all my Cantina energy and my two daily refills. Yay. ;)
    As for Kylo himself, I think he will be very good when starred up. Unfortunately it will take close to a month to get him to 7*.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • A month to 7*? Thats pretty fast in my opinion :)
    So in general I should expect 1 shard in 3 tries so around 3-4 shards from 1 bar of energy for me.
    I'm at 60/80 Vader and nearly unlocked Ventress too so a competition for 1 left spot in my team is hard ;)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Every two hours I regenerate enough energy to try to get that last shard, and every time it eludes me. Annoying dice. :)
  • I'm a third of the way to 5*. Drop rates around 30%. Looks to be another character who could shine at higher stars.
  • I like him a lot. He's a pretty great tank, but as far as damage goes, he's definetely not the strongest. I usually use him for the 100% counter attack after his AOE ability. It really helps getting some extra damage on the team when you can't afford a Dooku on your team.
  • STILL haven't gotten that last shard! ARGH. Do not talk to me about 50% drop rates. :)
  • I was in the same position yesterday Qeltar... I bit the bullet and bought a 400 crystal refill. Got him at 6* now, has a hefty health pool and his special crits for 6-7k when he's below 50%.
  • Kylo is a great character in late game. He does monster damage once he has dropped below 50% health and his main attack is a DOT and heal immunity debuff. If you think he's mediocre, you're doing it wrong.