I am so lost in the new update!

I have played the game since the day after it went Global and read the forums everyday. I am not as smart as most of you but I try to follow along.

I did the optional update last night and today I woke up and was in a Guild. No idea how I got there but it seems like a pretty good one. However, I can't figure out how anything works! I have coins and crap all over the place but don't know what to do with them.

I also have some kind of gear in my shipments that cost almost 2000 purples to get. Is it like precrafting and I'm a fool to not do it? Seems like a lot if it is not worth it.

I still have no clue what the new meta did and have no idea what toons to focus on. I'm doing ewoks because of the event and can't think of anything better.

This game got way too confusing for us dumb guys in the last couple of weeks! I still like to play but I feel like a noob even though I'm lvl 75 with tons of 7 star characters and have read the forums everyday for months.

I hate to complain (I know I have done it a few times in the past) but I like this game and it is just getting crazy to even understand how to play anymore!

End rant. Thank you developers for trying to make a great game. But don't throw so much at us at the same time. Give us a chance to digest the changes before you pile on more.

Replies

• Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Just click on all the new things and read. It'll also bring up some advice on its own.
  • So. Much. Yes. I'm kinda lost too. Apparently they should just make Reddit he official forum because way more info is over there than here the "official" forum.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Good point. I have not checked Reddit since the update. I will head there. Thank you!
  • OK, so after reading all these threads and checking Reddit I have come to the conclusion the guild update sucks!

I also can't figure out where the helpful
    Forum people like Queltar and cosmicturtle have gone.

Last two days have been bad ones for me and I think I might be done with this game. I'll lurk in the shadows and hope it gets better but it kinda sucks right now! The guilds are not well done at all!

Good luck on your raids everyone! I'm off.
  • Rod___INL wrote: »
    OK, so after reading all these threads and checking Reddit I have come to the conclusion the guild update sucks!

I also can't figure out where the helpful
    Forum people like Queltar and cosmicturtle have gone.

Last two days have been bad ones for me and I think I might be done with this game. I'll lurk in the shadows and hope it gets better but it kinda sucks right now! The guilds are not well done at all!

Good luck on your raids everyone! I'm off.

I'm just staying away from the Guild stuff.

• Qeltar helps people and is in a great guild The Counselors.

Cosmicturtle is still nitpicking new forum members as always. <3
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    I didn't know cosmicturtle was actually helpful ever. He's either snarky, sarcastic, or joking around.
  • Magisto wrote: »
    I didn't know cosmicturtle was actually helpful ever. He's either snarky, sarcastic, or joking around.

This.
  • So. Much. Yes. I'm kinda lost too. Apparently they should just make Reddit he official forum because way more info is over there than here the "official" forum.

Mind sharing the subreddit? I haven't seen that one.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    I agree! I am level 74 and have been playing every day since around Christmas. But I am lost in the guilds thing:
    Open guilds;
    See "Raids" and click it;
    See "The Pit... Earn Rare Gear and Han Solo Shards!"; click "Enter";
    Choose first option ("tier 1") and press "select";
    See a screen telling me about the rancor and the unit requirement (one star) but there is no option to fight the thing or to do anything. I can see I have 114 orange coins and 14,206 orange things but no idea what I am meant to be doing. Should I not be in a fight or something?
  • clhs wrote: »
    I agree! I am level 74 and have been playing every day since around Christmas. But I am lost in the guilds thing:
    Open guilds;
    See a screen telling me about the rancor and the unit requirement (one star) but there is no option to fight the thing or to do anything. I can see I have 114 orange coins and 14,206 orange things but no idea what I am meant to be doing. Should I not be in a fight or something?

I was told earlier today that the whole guild has to earn it's way thru coins to even attempting a raid. Yes even the tier 1 raids evidently have to be unlocked. Everyday there is a guild daily that contributes toward guild coin progress. Yesterday it was cantina today it is light side battles. Essentially you burn your energy on these specific match types if you want to contribute to the guild and unlock a raid. Once the raid is unlocked and how everything works from there, well your guess is as good as mine lol.
  • clhs wrote: »
    Open guilds;

Offcourse not.
    You must spend chrystals about twice a day to refresh your energy, for that is the only way to contribute your daily achievement to even start the rancor tiers.
    Just like the update of 14/4 it is complete siht. Seems like they have spend hours just to find ways to take the fun out of it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it basically comes down to:
    1. spend atleast 600 energy every day (all energy consumption counts) this counts towards the guild bank coins, those can be used by leader and officers to start raids. (more bank coins, more raids, more loot)
    2. look at "guild activities" and contribute to what ever it says on the left to earn guild currency that you can spend in the guild store. higher tiers reached by you and your guild give you more coins per spend energy.
    3. wait until your leader/officers start a raid. when they do you can just participate to earn gear and guild currency(the same thing you earned with part 2)

how to maximize your contribution takes some planning. havent played a raid yet, but i reccon you will get the hang of it after a the first time (or second time :p )

PS. calling cosmicturtle helpfull O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Magisto wrote: »

I remember one time (tree fiddy if i recall) when he was vaguely sensible.
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    I'm also finding reddit better organized than the regular forums recently. I think it's the up vote /down vote mechanism and a group of people with similar opinions to me.

As for the meta, I'm at a loss too. Assists got buffed and counter attacks got nerfed ( right after I 7* dooku i might add). It seems that dodge is still important but a dooku team less so. Some individual characters like akbar have been buffed.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    ure not dumb :'(