WoOt!!! F2P can be done!

Just wanted to let all the new kids know. I'm F2P and been playing for 30-32 days. Just tonight I unlocked Dooku AND finished my first GW! I average mid 200's in PVP and have only finished below 200 twice. Have faith, my friends! I know this forum is filled with top 50's and P2P. It can be disheartening seeing 6* Dooku's and purple gear Kylo's. Sometimes soul crushing when you've **** away as many trading droids, mats, and gear runs as I have. I may be the only player with a lvl 30 Ewok Scout. BUT! Patience, stubbornness, and a love for the game will carry you forward!

Replies

• stay true to your ewok
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Good work. What's your team setup.
  • Nice!!!
  • LoTEK wrote: »
    Just wanted to let all the new kids know. I'm F2P and been playing for 30-32 days. Just tonight I unlocked Dooku AND finished my first GW! I average mid 200's in PVP and have only finished below 200 twice. Have faith, my friends! I know this forum is filled with top 50's and P2P. It can be disheartening seeing 6* Dooku's and purple gear Kylo's. Sometimes soul crushing when you've **** away as many trading droids, mats, and gear runs as I have. I may be the only player with a lvl 30 Ewok Scout. BUT! Patience, stubbornness, and a love for the game will carry you forward!

Hehe, I'll see your level 30 Ewok Scout, and raise you a level 45 Ewok Scout. I finished my first GW today as well. Oddly enough, I started losing my big hitters and healers on the last few matches, which were actually weaker enemies than the previous fights. Every effect they launched at me was Proccing, and everything I threw at them was deflecting, being dodged, or resisted.

It reminded me of NBA Street back when it first came out; I could be ahead by 19-0, then all of a sudden my characters would start missing ALL dunks, layups, and easy shots, as well as having the ball stolen with little effort. Meanwhile the computer has 100% accuracy on all attempts, and comes back to win. That's one reason I prefer playing directly against another player. I just don't trust the coding behind NPCs.
  • You can be competitive as F2P. Sure enough, players with big budgets can speed ahead quickly but it doesn't guarantee victory. I have beaten pay-for players frequently. Many of them have cookie cutter teams that can be picked apart. There are a few with the 7* Lando, Leia, etc. that are dangerous but even those teams can be beaten when you increase your teams skills. I am not convinced that an F2P player with good synergy can never beat these teams...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    You can be competitive as F2P. Sure enough, players with big budgets can speed ahead quickly but it doesn't guarantee victory. I have beaten pay-for players frequently. Many of them have cookie cutter teams that can be picked apart. There are a few with the 7* Lando, Leia, etc. that are dangerous but even those teams can be beaten when you increase your teams skills. I am not convinced that an F2P player with good synergy can never beat these teams...

The great thing about this game is there is no del facto ultimate team. All teams have weaknesses and strengths...

Any player as long as they do a little bit of research and have a plan over how they "grow" their roster and primary team will always be able to compete even with those who spent a lot of money... It's all down to the plan and goals you set yourself.

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Congratulations!!
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • stay true to your ewok
    I wish I never met that Ewok...
    xJazzx wrote: »
    It's changed the last two or three days, but in GW my A team currently is all lvl 54. Leader Savage Opress 4* gear 6, Sid 5* gear 6, Dooku 3* gear 5, Lumi 5* gear 6, JC 4* gear 7.

My B team currently is also lvl 54. Asoka 3* gear 6, Talia 4* gear 6, Anakin 4* gear 4, Chewie 4* gear 6.

This was the first run I didn't have to use my canon fodder char's.

Hehe, I'll see your level 30 Ewok Scout, and raise you a level 45 Ewok Scout. I finished my first GW today as well. Oddly enough, I started losing my big hitters and healers on the last few matches, which were actually weaker enemies than the previous fights. Every effect they launched at me was Proccing, and everything I threw at them was deflecting, being dodged, or resisted.

It reminded me of NBA Street back when it first came out; I could be ahead by 19-0, then all of a sudden my characters would start missing ALL dunks, layups, and easy shots, as well as having the ball stolen with little effort. Meanwhile the computer has 100% accuracy on all attempts, and comes back to win. That's one reason I prefer playing directly against another player. I just don't trust the coding behind NPCs.

Hah! You win the Ewok fail, my friend! The trick that got me through was tactical use of the retreat option. I learned that from this forum, but it took me a few days to remember to implement it. I used to just play through, only replacing lost char's at the beginning of each match. This time when I lost someone, I retreat and replaced them immediately. Kept the pressure on. Also cost the AI its leadership buff if I had taken that char out.
    stay true to your ewok
    It's changed the last two or three days, but in GW my A team currently is all lvl 54. Leader Savage Opress 4* gear 6, Sid 5* gear 6, Dooku 3* gear 5, Lumi 5* gear 6, JC 4* gear 7.

My B team currently is also lvl 54. Asoka 3* gear 6, Talia 4* gear 6, Anakin 4* gear 4, Chewie 4* gear 6.

So how does Anakin perform?
    stay true to your ewok

You'll be happy to meet your ewok elder, he's gerat on GW.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.

stay true to your ewok

So how does Anakin perform?

He was a solid hitter in the beggining. High Dmg and a ton of HP for early play. Got him from an 8 count data pack draw that I saved crystals for. Used him to replace one of the starter char's. But I haven't unlocked the levels to farm him. Been burning energy on Dooku and gear runs. So he quickly fell behind easily farmed char's like Sid, Lumi, and Opi. Sid's heal block seems more prolific and Anakin's AOE is really weak. He's a good backup in GW, but I haven't seen any reason to work on him.
  • Hahah nice and yes it is possible.. I am myself a F2P player.. Never spent a dime.. Took me 2 weeks to unlock Dooku myself... And im currently sitting in top 30... :)
  • stay true to your ewok

I'll say it again, it's so great you're back and it was lonely being one of the few who supports F2P staunchly. I was never against the P2W player, my issue is more with EA's setup of the game and their ridiculous pricing, which created this whole P2W/F2P conflict to begin with. When you create a class system in any community, the people at the top will always be very unsympathetic to the "have-nots" as I'd put it. There should never be a P2W setup in any game. IAP when used properly is only supposed to be a shortcut to save time, nothing more. All objects for sale should be freely farmable, with the cost being time spent.

Want your stuff tomorrow?? PAY.....
    Want your stuff in a few weeks?? FREE..........

The easiest fix that EA could push through to fix all of this is to make all their characters farmable.
    • They then would make paying for shards, mats and gear possible for people who don't have time to farm.
    • They then would have to adjust prices way down but they'd make more money in the end as more players would then be influenced to buy things.

If the pricing was fair here, I'd buy stuff, maybe up to $200 worth of stuff even, but with their current model, I would never consider spending a dime....
    stay true to your ewok

Hang on a sec. You are saying you just now finished the GW and you already had a 5* Lumi?
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • jeremyj26 wrote: »

Hang on a sec. You are saying you just now finished the GW and you already had a 5* Lumi?

Actually just promoted her to 5* right in the middle of that GW run.
  • Where are the 6* Dooku's? I don't see many of that around.
  • Im F2P, TOP60-80 with 17,400 power, 6 days away from 7* sideous and 3 days away from 6* Lumi. I havent even yet played for a month(didnt get achievement)
  • Rogerfan wrote: »
    Im F2P, TOP60-80 with 17,400 power, 6 days away from 7* sideous and 3 days away from 6* Lumi. I havent even yet played for a month(didnt get achievement)

Nice, man! That's awesome! I wish I hadn't noodled around so much with the basic starter chars. I'm only at around 15,500-ish with my top 5 power chars. Maybe I could be higher. It is what it is. I could probably do better at PVP, but I tend bar evenings and the ideal snipe time of 5pm-6pm is smack in the middle of happy hour. Sneaking off to play a phone game would **** more then a few folks off!
  • Yea, you can certainly get far in this game as f2p/low spender the way this game is now with the level cap and human vs AI in arena. At level 60 (for my arena at least) most people in the top 25-30 or so can beat each other. Also, the best chromium cards aren't even miles better than most of the farmable ones. Who knows if this will change in the future, but now f2p can definitely compete.
  • I'm a low spender, only bought the Dooku pack and 7-day crystal subscription, playing for 26 days, and I have been regularly in the 1st position in Arena since the 3rd day of playing until today (I was very lucky to be in a fresh server when I joined). I have only lost three times (out of 20) in Galactic War.