PvP Replacement for Dooku (FTP)

SlyGambit
1246 posts Member
edited December 2015
I'm rounding out my PvP team as I close in on lvl 60. I've got Lumi and Sid almost 7* and fully geared up. Poe and Luke round out my team. Both are gear 7 and 4* with Luke nearly 5*. Dooku is my 5th and I have resisted focusing leveling him (4* gear 6 atm). I feel like there aren't enough AoE attacking teams to make him worthwhile and he falls pretty easily to high alpha damage chars.

I have Boba and will have Vader this week. I also have Datchu who seems viable and is farmable. I'm planning on farming Phasma when I'm done with Luminara and Asajj when I'm done with Sid. I'm working on creating a good AI defense and think that Phasma/Poe/Sid/Lumi/Luke can work pretty well. I am also tempted to farm the heck out of Teebo to replace Poe for defense but that's a different thread.

Replies

• Options
    id go boba if you can get him to 7 star
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    I'm rounding out my PvP team as I close in on lvl 60. I've got Lumi and Sid almost 7* and fully geared up. Poe and Luke round out my team. Both are gear 7 and 4* with Luke nearly 5*. Dooku is my 5th and I have resisted focusing leveling him (4* gear 6 atm). I feel like there aren't enough AoE attacking teams to make him worthwhile and he falls pretty easily to high alpha damage chars.

I have Boba and will have Vader this week. I also have Datchu who seems viable and is farmable. I'm planning on farming Phasma when I'm done with Luminara and Asajj when I'm done with Sid. I'm working on creating a good AI defense and think that Phasma/Poe/Sid/Lumi/Luke can work pretty well. I am also tempted to farm the heck out of Teebo to replace Poe for defense but that's a different thread.

I'd consider getting IG88, since both Poe and Sid are faster than IG it would move after those two, and Sid's AoE debuff combined with Poe's expose can possibly kill 2 squishies right off the bat, I've never seen the appeal of Boba, he can get to Gear8 but still does not hit hard enough and really low speed it is highly likely that your opponents would use their abilities rendering ability block not useful at all- now if ability block also postpones the CD, he could've been viable.

Also combining IG88, Sid and Vader would possibly mean that you can output so much damage just combining the AoEs of all those 3.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't replace Dooku with either Vader or Boba Fett. Dooku is far more useful.
    It's funny that these forums have so many comments like "You will replace Dooku at higher levels" but I am level 60 and still see Dooku a lot. Also, when I don't, I usually feel relieved. He's not the strongest or most dangerous, but he definitely forces you to adjust your playstyle.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I wouldn't replace Dooku with either Vader or Boba Fett. Dooku is far more useful.
    It's funny that these forums have so many comments like "You will replace Dooku at higher levels" but I am level 60 and still see Dooku a lot. Also, when I don't, I usually feel relieved. He's not the strongest or most dangerous, but he definitely forces you to adjust your playstyle.

I'd agree. I think he has very good skills and Phasma as leader is a pretty big buff to Dooku. For me it's less his abilities than trying to get him to 7*. I use most of my energy finding gear so dropping 72 a day for 2-3 shards doesn't seem like a great investment. Long term I might come back to him but it just seems like he's not in the cards short term. Boba I could farm those 72 immediately and then add cantina shipments after Poe gets to 5*.

I'll take a longer look at 88 instead of Assaj from Squad shipments. I've weaseled my way into the top-50 even though I'm 1-2k lower than everyone around me. Pretty sure that's due to a purple Poe. Hopefully a good sign this team is viable.
  • Options
    Ig is great especially if you can get a negative effect on all whole enemy squad.
  • Options
    Dooku is awesome, there is no reason to get rid of him unless you are running a specific comp. But if you were to throw together a bunch of really good chars with no synergy, he's one of them. He has a stun, he can double attack, he counterattacks, he also silences and stuns jedis on his normal attack. He hits pretty **** hard if you consider that for a large portion of the time, he's dealing damage so often -- as a counterattack, or double strike, or lowering opponent DPS (silencing stunning). He is incredibly fast and usually has the first attack, and gets multiple attacks in all the time, which also raises his DPS.

The only negative is that he is a bit squishy -- stun him once and he goes down. He doesn't have great AOE, but generally speaking he makes people pay for AOE, and this is key against computer AI.

So yeah, if you are doing an all Jedi, robot, AOE, or nightsister team, he's no good. But he's good almost everywhere else for the reasons above.
  • Options
    DarthRomeo wrote: »
    Dooku is awesome, there is no reason to get rid of him unless you are running a specific comp. But if you were to throw together a bunch of really good chars with no synergy, he's one of them. He has a stun, he can double attack, he counterattacks, he also silences and stuns jedis on his normal attack. He hits pretty **** hard if you consider that for a large portion of the time, he's dealing damage so often -- as a counterattack, or double strike, or lowering opponent DPS (silencing stunning). He is incredibly fast and usually has the first attack, and gets multiple attacks in all the time, which also raises his DPS.

The only negative is that he is a bit squishy -- stun him once and he goes down. He doesn't have great AOE, but generally speaking he makes people pay for AOE, and this is key against computer AI.

So yeah, if you are doing an all Jedi, robot, AOE, or nightsister team, he's no good. But he's good almost everywhere else for the reasons above.

I agree completely, but also to add on Dooku has his uses for droid squads as well so even there he fits quite nicely.