Phasma + Han synergy

Prev1
BRRRAP
6 posts Member
edited December 2015
I'm lvl 57 and have been stuck with low arena rankings until I recently put together a new line up. My new team is a work in progress but it is as follows.

5* Phasma, only IV atm.
4* stormtrooper Han VII
4* Kylo Ren almost VII
4* jedi consular VII
4* luminara almost VII and 5*

Han is the key in the line up simply due to the taunt that lasts 3 rounds, luminara and JC keep his hp up for the taunt duration. But the real synergy comes from the massive turn meter advantage produced from Han taking hits. This compounds with the advantage gained from Phasma. Some fights I can get in two turns from all my heroes plus additional bonus attacks from using Phasma as my leader. All before the enemy has a chance to respond.

Han will usually die shortly after his taunt ends or sometimes on the last turn of his taunt. But by that time I have generated enough free swings to the out key targets and win the fight.

Opinions on how I could improve the lineup?
Post edited by BRRRAP on

Replies

• Although not quite as damage oriented, I saw a varient of this using Old Ben and Han, the 50% dmg reduction with Han is another way to keep him alive longer.
  • Raves wrote: »
    Although not quite as damage oriented, I saw a varient of this using Old Ben and Han, the 50% dmg reduction with Han is another way to keep him alive longer.

Nice Idea. I'd like to get old Ben to drop so I can experiment with that.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    We run almost the same team! Instead of JC i run Daka and instead of Kylo i run First Order ST. I want a Kylo instead, but i believe Daka is better then JC, becuase, stuns!!!
  • Ive been running han with a tie fighter pilot for a month, before it became meta. I enhanced the team when phasma released (im on android and started running her as leader the day she released). I have old ben on the team for debuff, but also to reduce the damage han takes so he can taunt for 3 rounds. TFP drops bodies. I used to run luminara with her healing dot to keep han standing, but ive dropped healers from the team, and heres why... Poe was released! Screws up a Han team! Han has 129 speed, Poe has 138. So, Poe teams always go first, and Poe reduces your teams turn meter. Then, if they have a QGJ or old ben (even worse, if they have both!) Your team dies without ever having a turn. So, and im dropping some advanced knowledge here which i shouldnt, but i replaced luminara with FOO to get han out ahead of Poe.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    Ive been running han with a tie fighter pilot for a month, before it became meta. I enhanced the team when phasma released (im on android and started running her as leader the day she released). I have old ben on the team for debuff, but also to reduce the damage han takes so he can taunt for 3 rounds. TFP drops bodies. I used to run luminara with her healing dot to keep han standing, but ive dropped healers from the team, and heres why... Poe was released! Screws up a Han team! Han has 129 speed, Poe has 138. So, Poe teams always go first, and Poe reduces your teams turn meter. Then, if they have a QGJ or old ben (even worse, if they have both!) Your team dies without ever having a turn. So, and im dropping some advanced knowledge here which i shouldnt, but i replaced luminara with FOO to get han out ahead of Poe.

Pilot that's exactly what I was going to write! Get Poe. Beastmode.
  • BRRRAP
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Pilot wrote: »
    Ive been running han with a tie fighter pilot for a month, before it became meta. I enhanced the team when phasma released (im on android and started running her as leader the day she released). I have old ben on the team for debuff, but also to reduce the damage han takes so he can taunt for 3 rounds. TFP drops bodies. I used to run luminara with her healing dot to keep han standing, but ive dropped healers from the team, and heres why... Poe was released! Screws up a Han team! Han has 129 speed, Poe has 138. So, Poe teams always go first, and Poe reduces your teams turn meter. Then, if they have a QGJ or old ben (even worse, if they have both!) Your team dies without ever having a turn. So, and im dropping some advanced knowledge here which i shouldnt, but i replaced luminara with FOO to get han out ahead of Poe.

Great info! I have started working towards FOO already.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Pilot wrote: »

You shall now be fined for releasing top secret infos!!! :)
  • Hey guys - can you comment on using Han vs. Poe for taunting? I have Poe, but not Han and need a way to divert attention without using Chewie. thanks!

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • FOO? Who's that?
  • FOO = first order officer. He's got a nasty special and good speed.

@Mufasa - Han and Poe are both top tier as they shift meter. Both can get you in some nasty traps. Basically use whichever can get you out in front of your enemy. If can throw a damage down toon in with Han that helps him survive - same for both actually.
  • Pilot wrote: »

You shall now be fined for releasing top secret infos!!! :)

Did i though? Or did i just redirect the lemming meta to focus on poe instead of han, for whats to come? Guess you're right. Its super secret, but everyone needs to get Poe, and NOT Han. Han now blows.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Today was first time I didn't get first in my bracket, and not because I didn't snipe in time, its because I actually lost my battle to the guy in 1st. ( grats to ctz you finally won it ).

Why I'm posting this here? Because that's the team he is running.

Han, phasma, daka, old ben, lumi. Daka attacks fast, and stunned every turn. I was focusing her but then han taunted, to die then get rezzed by daka, so I left han to kill daka who then self rezzed, followed by phasma AoE that speed debuffs my whole team. By the time I got to attack again old Ben had ability locked my team again, couldn't heal, and watched my team fall one by one. Also this team beat mine, with ai using it under 3 minutes. This first time I've lost in a very long team. Well done. I am going to have to come up with a counter to this.

Funny thing. I used 50 crystals to instant refresh to try to get back in a fight with him, to only see he was already in a fight, so tried to fight the other person I have to out snipe to get rewards, and he was in combat, guessing he attacked ctz as ctz has never really has tried to snipe, Waited till 5 after ( giving them a 8 minute fight just in case if lag ) rewards were given, and ctz was still number 1.

Oh and my team is 3k higher in power.
  • @Breetai-- yes that type of Han trap is deadly. Han + Old Ben is pain if you're not ready for it.

On the power rating - that's a really insufficient way to evaluate a team as it only comprises statistics of each individual hero. That power rating doesn't include the value of their specials. For example, Ben at 4/5* has way less power than a 7* JC. 7* maxed JC goes about 4900 power, 4/5 Ben is less than 3900. However, Ben's Mind Tricks special is incredibly powerful in a battle and deadlier than anything JC can do. Same thing for Han's taunt that brings his whole team turn meter...and Phasma with her ability to slow you with aoe and then also speed up her own team later on. Throw in Daka's stunning ability and if the power rating was more complex and at least attempted to give a value for these abilities you'd likely see that you faced one of the higher "power" teams on your board given that those characters have some of the best and most powerful abilities / specials in the game.
  • Yep this is why I use Han too. His urn meter for the team is ridiculous and two healers keep him up unless there's a sid or kylo
  • @Breetai-- yes that type of Han trap is deadly. Han + Old Ben is pain if you're not ready for it.

On the power rating - that's a really insufficient way to evaluate a team as it only comprises statistics of each individual hero. That power rating doesn't include the value of their specials. For example, Ben at 4/5* has way less power than a 7* JC. 7* maxed JC goes about 4900 power, 4/5 Ben is less than 3900. However, Ben's Mind Tricks special is incredibly powerful in a battle and deadlier than anything JC can do. Same thing for Han's taunt that brings his whole team turn meter...and Phasma with her ability to slow you with aoe and then also speed up her own team later on. Throw in Daka's stunning ability and if the power rating was more complex and at least attempted to give a value for these abilities you'd likely see that you faced one of the higher "power" teams on your board given that those characters have some of the best and most powerful abilities / specials in the game.

I know power lvls mean crap, I used to win 1st all the time with my team 4k or more weaker. I just added that before people started saying get better gear/higher stars.

The biggest issue with his form is actually daka. She stuns every turn and attacks incredabilty fast, but I did win today when I brought in qgj, but wasn't easy. Think I'm going to bring daka in myself. Been using high health team just to try to hold my spot when ai uses my team, but doesn't seem to be helping much.
  • What speed does FOO have?

Because if Poe goes first, wouldn't that give enough of a window for glass cannons to attack?

Second, isn't Han + FOO costly in terms of team slots?

Pretty cool stuff!
  • What speed does FOO have?

Because if Poe goes first, wouldn't that give enough of a window for glass cannons to attack?

Second, isn't Han + FOO costly in terms of team slots?

Pretty cool stuff!

Pilot.... can you answer ? :)
  • Breetai wrote: »
    @Breetai-- yes that type of Han trap is deadly. Han + Old Ben is pain if you're not ready for it.

I know power lvls mean crap, I used to win 1st all the time with my team 4k or more weaker. I just added that before people started saying get better gear/higher stars.

The biggest issue with his form is actually daka. She stuns every turn and attacks incredabilty fast, but I did win today when I brought in qgj, but wasn't easy. Think I'm going to bring daka in myself. Been using high health team just to try to hold my spot when ai uses my team, but doesn't seem to be helping much.

High health will not last long as a good AI team. Not sure where you are in your server maturity, but high health / heal timeout strategy gets overlapped in a big way as more speed / damage overtake PVP and get on people's rosters.
  • What about tossing Leia into the Phasma team for DPS? I'm currently running:

lvl 50 5* Captain Phasma Gear 6
    lvl 50 5* Princess Leia Gear 6
    lvl 50 4* Kylo Ren Gear 6
    lvl 49 5* Luminara Unduli Gear 6
    lvl 45 6* Jedi Consular Gear 7

The combination of Phasma + Leia is deadly. She'll attack 2-4 times and often call 1-2 others during her attacks then when she gets called her 2-4 attacks do lost of damage as well. I'm looking at possibly bringing in 5* Old Ben and Han once I get Han starred up, currently only at 3* as I just got him.

I think running Phasma, Leia, Unduli, Old Ben, Han would be a very potent team as not only would you have the ability to slow their team down but Leia is great at dropping enemy DPS outside of Dooku who can counter each of her attacks on him.
    @Breetai-- yes that type of Han trap is deadly. Han + Old Ben is pain if you're not ready for it.

High health will not last long as a good AI team. Not sure where you are in your server maturity, but high health / heal timeout strategy gets overlapped in a big way as more speed / damage overtake PVP and get on people's rosters.

All 60's. Epic geared running 7*. I started playing day 1 of world launch.

I've learned its not holding. Going to try a crit team see how that does. Winning is easy. Holding your spot has pretty much became impossible for me. When I ran a counter Jedi I held the number 1 slot. Now, ive logged in and seen me as low as 21 and had to spend 50 shards that day for refreshes just to jump back into the top 5 before I could worry about sniping the top spot.

@ reves i think that might be a very good team. I would think about switching out old Ben for tie pilot. Leias buff + tie pilots chance to assist, with han taunting, has the chance for tie pilot a lone to clean house
    Breetai wrote: »

All 60's. Epic geared running 7*. I started playing day 1 of world launch.

I've learned its not holding. Going to try a crit team see how that does. Winning is easy. Holding your spot has pretty much became impossible for me. When I ran a counter Jedi I held the number 1 slot. Now, ive logged in and seen me as low as 21 and had to spend 50 shards that day for refreshes just to jump back into the top 5 before I could worry about sniping the top spot.

@ reves i think that might be a very good team. I would think about switching out old Ben for tie pilot. Leias buff + tie pilots chance to assist, with han taunting, has the chance for tie pilot a lone to clean house

Well the whole point of running Old Ben is to reduce the damage being done to Han so that the numerous turns that are provided by Han's turn meter control along with extra attacks from Phasma let's Leia just pick off their entire team. If I wanted to go the full damage route I would probably remove Han as well and run QGJ. Phasma(L)/Leia/TFP/QGJ/Luminara. That team would still be able to burst down just about any single target with no problem as TFP has great dmg, QGJ has the call ally, Leia is an attacking fiend with any kind of support call from Phasma or QGJ, etc.
  • So whts the best comp with hans + phasma? Tie pilot + old ben + ?
  • The idea is for han to keep people off of tie pilot. If han is dead by 3rd turn then no biggy as tie pilot should have already killed 2 characters by himself ( the 2 biggest dps threats ).

The idea is keep them off of tie pilot and Leia as they do thier thing. By all rights by the time han is down, them 2 should have done thier thing. Don't cloak with Leia on her first turn. If your taunting with han wait till either han dies, or taunt wears off then cloak.

With Leia and tie pilot, han is not needed long. Add in phasmas AoE and if her speed debuff lands, you could auto play to the win.

While typing this out I'm actually thinking about redoing my team now
  • So at the end the final como is leia, tie pilot, hans, phasma, old ben ?
  • Luminara might be better than Old Ben, heals to help against AOE teams not to mention some of her own damage
  • BispO
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    But do you guys think this comp is better than Sid, Maul, Poe, lumi and Old Ben ? This is a top comp too....
  • Lumi instead of old Ben. Lumi can heal han to give him that one more round needed to stay alive.

Your best bet if you have her would be barriss for your healer. This is an instance where barriss would shine. Han takes 5 hits down to 10% health, bam han and everyone else now 80% health. Han is what matters, not the others as they are not taken hits. Of course this strat is worthless against an AoE team, in which case lumi is better for. But can't have everything and have to have a weakness somewhere.

Don't underestimate what Leia + tie pilot can do in 2 rounds. Both have the potential to one shot any character. Han keeps them from being attacked. If you are lucky and rng smiles upon you, and phasma leader ability calls in tie pilot to assist in attacking, you could very well beat the other team by round 3....... Yup I'm going to change my team
  • Yeah I'm about to start doing the same Breetai, and this is a team that even the AI can play without messing up... lol
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Actually this is a team I think the ai could actually do better with than a person using it due to the boost of procs.

I got some work cut out for me as this is the team I'm going to run, except I'll use daka instead of lumi or barris for her stuns. AI is dump when it comes to heals anyways.

Right now most not even geared.
    5* phasma ( little gear not much )
    6* tie pilot ( lvl 2, no gear )
    7* Leia ( use her now so she is good to go )
    4* han ( lvl 33, some gear )
    5* daka ( 10 shards away from 6*, gear complete )

But need to really farm han up to get this going. Atleast I have a focus on arena shipments.

• Oohreallyfool
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Han isn't slow, but beware he isn't fast either also not enough hp.