How would you discribe Shard Shop?

M3xY_w33zY
47 posts Member
edited April 2016
IG86 is at 45/100 shards, so im getting close to unlocking this feature, but Im wondering if I should be getting hyped or not

:T

Replies

• Complete waste of time. That's how I'd describe it.
  • Actually the exchange ratio of 6.7 normal play shards to 1 shard (3 shard shop shards for 20 normal shards) is also insulting for level 7 characters!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    "A fine way to turn useless GW tokens into Vader shards, and a complete failure at what it was supposed to be, a way to encourage whales to keep buying chromiums."
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    The ratio is 1:10, 20 spare shards for 2 new. It's absurd and nothing to actually wait for. So instead of maxing your IG, you better make more chars on the same level.
  • Kharath
    29 posts Member
    Utter useless. Complete waste of space.
  • Complete waste. The exchange rate is insulting especially because there are no premium toons there, just mostly GW and arena shipment ones and I can buy 15 of their shards in their normal shop for the cost of 2 in the shard shop.
  • R I P O F F
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    It's alright. It's not something you're going to use right away, though.

It's intended to give you something to do with excess shards that would otherwise be wasted. So you spend those extra shards at a reduced rate to get shards of a character you don't already have maxed out. It isn't meant to be farmed, it isn't meant to be efficient, it's meant to be a thing you can do with your leftovers. And, to that end, it fills its purpose well enough.

The problem is that it unlocks really, really early. So you think it's a thing you should be taking advantage of right away. Ignore it for now. Just focus on growing your team, then, once you have the folks you want, check each day for Darth Vader shards. Beyond that, if you wind up wanting Grievous, go for him. He's a grind, but if you're patient and smart you can do it without spending a dime, no matter what people say.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.