Darth Vader's Basic Attack

Not sure if I'm just reading this wrong, but my Vader's basic attack is at Level 5 and it reads:
"Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. Jedi targets cannot evade or resist the effects of this attack."
Does that mean that it works 100% against Jedi, or just 65% and they cannot use their Tenacity or Evasion against this attack? You could imagine my surprise when I tried to smack a Barriss with this attack after having whacked a good deal of health from a squadmate of hers, only to have it not inflict the ability block and she super-healed my initial target. Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    65% chance .. and if it procs it can not be resisted if target is jedi.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    I don't have pic to prove but I saw Jedi RESIST the ability
  • Options
    Miss_Doll wrote: »
    I don't have pic to prove but I saw Jedi RESIST the ability

Seen this happen myself too, but its hard to grab a screenshot quickly to show it on my phone
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Interesting, thanks Dark.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    I saw this was resisted by Aayla Secura in a mission node, she was already debuffed, but still, it should refresh the debuff, posted in the bug section.. no response :(
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    Dark wrote: »
    I saw this was resisted by Aayla Secura in a mission node, she was already debuffed, but still, it should refresh the debuff, posted in the bug section.. no response :(

Interesting... figures.
  • Options
    ... just had a Luminara "resist" Vader's basic attack, despite her being a Jedi. Her next turn came and she launched her devastating ability block to finish off my Dooku. I still won, but still annoying.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Evade is dodging physical damage
    Resist is dodging special damage

Tenacity is what deals with effects...doesn't say anything about can't be tenated.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »
    Evade is dodging physical damage
    Resist is dodging special damage

Tenacity is what deals with effects...doesn't say anything about can't be tenated.

"Jedi targets cannot evade or resist the effects of this attack." It doesn't say "tenated" when the ability block was resisted, it said "resisted."

I'm pretty sure "Deflected" is the dodging of special damage, as that's what it says when Dooku's Chain Lightning misses.

In my example above, the attack did damage, and the Ability Block proc'ed, but it said "Resisted" above. When the attack hits and doesn't proc the Ability Block, it says nothing above the character. This is what leads me to believe that there is something bugged with this attack, as @Dark stated that he had noticed happening in mission modes.

@EA_Jesse, can we get some clarification on this please? Thanks.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Please?
  • Options
    ... just lost my dang Dooku in Galactic War because Vader's basic attack was just "dodged" by Eeoth Koth despite doing damage to him. @EA_Jesse can we get some info on why Vader is messed up?
  • Options
    ... just lost my dang Dooku in Galactic War because Vader's basic attack was just "dodged" by Eeoth Koth despite doing damage to him. @EA_Jesse can we get some info on why Vader is messed up?
    If u lose a char in gw close the game reload go back in, still alive!!!
  • Options
    Lazydog wrote: »

Matches are predetermined before you enter. So you will have to change it up, follow the same path and you will get the same outcome every time.
  • Lazydog
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Matches are predetermined before you enter. So you will have to change it up, follow the same path and you will get the same outcome every time.

Not so, due to chance and ramdomness, e.g i had lumi in the red, knowing she was going to be able to heal next turn on next fight, sid did his thing and immune to heal her and she died, i relogged, went back in same setup, sid did not go first, and lumi healed, blah blah battle won.

And this is just one example of many. Chance plays a big role

• Options
    Nonetheless it's kinda cheap. I'll take my loss, but it the cards should work as they are advertized.
  • Options
    ... Still having issues with this. Jedi Consular apparently isn't a Jedi because he can dodge the ability block too.
  • Options

Yay cheating! You sir are a sad little man.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse - Jesse - can someone verify if there is a bug with Darth Vader culling blade? I just leveled him to 60 and have culling blade at level 6 so I'm expecting him to perform. Didn't see all this mail about it.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct