What to expect from opponents?

Replies

• Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Anyone? Or is it too soon?
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Not too soon, just not a great time of day to get a lot of replies. Wait till everyone is awake in a few hours
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    As a corollary - can the Rancor be stunned? Or slowed? Or ability blocked (i.e. Is it worth bringing Daka, Dooku, Eeth, others who can debuff, etc.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I only fought rancor in final phase. Slow from fives worked ok.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As a corollary - can the Rancor be stunned? Or slowed? Or ability blocked (i.e. Is it worth bringing Daka, Dooku, Eeth, others who can debuff, etc.)

I saw a video and you definitely want debuffers
  • Tip: Don't forget to target the door when that's available
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Thx. Time to finish Ventress then
  • Also taunts are useless in final phase since rancor quickly debuffs them. This applies to all buffs as well.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Our guild is fighting tier 5 raid. So far my eeth koth and dooku never manage to stun him and I never see him being ability blocked. He can grab your hero and eat it and there is nothing you can do about it. Need to bring all the hardest hitting DPS or assist toons like Rey/GS/QGJ/Ig86 to deal the most damage possible.
  • If you have an Ewok crew, I've found them pretty effective as a 3rd/4th line for me. Teebo's turn-meter reduction hits with pretty good consistency against the Rancor and then Cheif's call/assist is huge. It is also good to pair them up with a strong attacker. We just finished the Rancor off and the strategy is probably different at each Phase. In the final phase 4 he doesn't eat characters, so you can actually revive guys (again Ewok crew as my 4th line revived 2 characters during it). The rest of the groups are what others mention: DPS, a droid team, etc. and clearly early on it is about who are your strongest toons.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Our guild is fighting tier 5 raid. So far my eeth koth and dooku never manage to stun him and I never see him being ability blocked. He can grab your hero and eat it and there is nothing you can do about it. Need to bring all the hardest hitting DPS or assist toons like Rey/GS/QGJ/Ig86 to deal the most damage possible.

It is very clear in the details of the raid he is immune to stun, ability block, health down and massive dmaage effects