Jedi team viable in arena?

PyroPuff
43 posts Member
edited April 2016
I haven't pushed too hard but here's my current squad. Wondering what you guys think or if any changes should be substituted.

Lead: QGJ 7* 75 gear 9
Yoda 6* 75 gear 9
Anakin 7* gear 8
Lumi 7* gear 8
Bariss 7* gear 8

I also have JC 7* 75 gear 8 I can sub in there. Thinking of farming my 3* ashoka for more versatile squad.

Thinking I will level RG to sub for someone. I previously had used dooku instead of anakin and had pretty great success. I can win 99% of matches but my defense seems to be seriously lacking and I fall pretty quickly. Thanks guys!

Replies

• I wanted to ask about your opinions on Mace Windu ?
    He's up to 6* on my team but I was thinking of substituting him with someone else ? Like Anakin or Yoda ?
  • Mace could be a good lead for jedi team but I don't know about having him in there for lack of damage? I also don't have him so I can't comment a whole lot aside from what I've seen as ally assist. Don't see him in arena ever. Id think yoda would be a good replacement for him though. I find yoda more useful than anakin because of battle meditation and his buff steals.
  • WayoftheGods
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Mace is great when facing RG teams, the additional buff clearing ability really helps. Also, expose wrecks protection.
  • No not really. I played a Jedi Squad top-10 pre-patch and it was decent enough. Post-patch, nope. QGJ and Yoda of course are excellent, Anakin got nerfed into the ground, Lumi... meh... she hits hard but isn't overly good I don't think and Barriss is too slow even with QGJ lead. Their heals and damage can't outpace damage from teams with Phasma, IG86, GS, Rey, etc. An Ima-GunDI team with 7-star Aayla might be good but with the update to taunt aggroing counter-attacks I'm not sure. It breaks my heart, but Jedi teams are not too good right now.
  • I use Mace, and he hits pretty good, especially when he exposes someone. I often use him as my lead, if not running IGD. But, I play for fun, so have to take that into consideration. I use virtually all Jedi, even though it is not part of the current meta.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It's difficult with no high hp taunting Jedi character. They are too easy to kill on defense without that piece of the puzzle. On offense they can rock it out... But you will be a target and drop in the ranks quickly unfortunately if you go pure Jedi

I kind of wish they would give Kit a taunt... Would fix a lot of his issues.
  • Don't be discouraged. It's possible to reach number one. Some days you get targeted more than others, but if you want Jedi stick with them!
  • I'm currently running a full Jedi squad in everything except for dark side battles and challenges that don't allow it. Still working on leveling, starring, and gearing though. It's certainly not part of the meta, but it's one of the most fun ways to play in my opinion.

I would definitely recommend farming Ahsoka, her heal is a decent bonus without losing a ton of speed and damage, and if nothing else she'd be a good one to sub in if needed.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    It's difficult with no high hp taunting Jedi character. They are too easy to kill on defense without that piece of the puzzle. On offense they can rock it out... But you will be a target and drop in the ranks quickly unfortunately if you go pure Jedi

Mace or Obi Wan would be good options to add a taunt too, they seem like the tankiest of the bunch as it is.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Honestly ObiWan with the fixed leader ability is pretty good. The Jedi don't have a true tank though which makes it tough because they need some damage mitigation. Jedi simply do not have any DPS that can out DPS some of the toons I mentioned earlier (e.g. Rey, IG86) so they must be able to live longer. It also depends on your level of competitiveness too. If you're aiming for Top-10 it will be very hard because you see such high health and protection toons and Jedi DPS is not good, not even Mace. If I could out together any Jedi team it would be IGD, Aayla, Kit, Yoda, QGJ, not sure how good that would be though. If you just want to have fun, then slap a team together and have fun. :)
  • Desperately want Aayla able to be farmed somewhere. I run IGD (L) win QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, and Ahsoka. All are 7* except IGD (almost there, long grind) and all but Lumi are gear 9. I stay around 15-40. Mostly depends on the dodge RNG.
  • mbsliwa wrote: »
    Desperately want Aayla able to be farmed somewhere. I run IGD (L) win QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, and Ahsoka. All are 7* except IGD (almost there, long grind) and all but Lumi are gear 9. I stay around 15-40. Mostly depends on the dodge RNG.

Yeah that's part of the problem for Jedi, Dooku leader or now Old Ben lead. With their DPS being pretty low, even 1 key dodge can be enough to lose the match because they can't catchup. Ashoka would be fun on an IGD squad, maybe a counter to 5's.
  • I run a full jedi squad, usually 50-100 in arena without refreshes.

Old Ben, Mace, Yoda, QGJ, and Lumi.
  • Cabig75
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    What about E Koth? He has a great stun especially against droids. He has 153 speed with QGJ lead. How bout replacing Baris for him. I have a 7 star soon to be level 76 with 6 gear & he's good. Try him
  • Cabig75 wrote: »
    What about E Koth? He has a great stun especially against droids. He has 153 speed with QGJ lead. How bout replacing Baris for him. I have a 7 star soon to be level 76 with 6 gear & he's good. Try him

It really all depends on where you want to finish or what your goal is. Have fun, definitely; the Jedi are fun. Top 100, yes. Top 50, probably, top 20 with a lot of refreshes probably, top 10 not for long. I had a solid team pre-patch but the protection, tankier teams, Dooku lead, and big nerfs to key Jedi DPS hurt them too bad. It hurts me to leave Anakin behind but it is what it is. My mixed squad of Old Ben (l), Yoda, QGJ, Han, Rey has been very solid, even before they fixed Old Ben.
  • Thinking
    mbsliwa wrote: »
    Desperately want Aayla able to be farmed somewhere. I run IGD (L) win QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, and Ahsoka. All are 7* except IGD (almost there, long grind) and all but Lumi are gear 9. I stay around 15-40. Mostly depends on the dodge RNG.

I agree...what are they doing with aayla that we can't farm her yet? I haven't started IGD, sounds like I need to get on that train along with ahsoka!

I'm curious why no one runs yoda lead. Doesn't his battle meditation work well with the turn meter gain? Either way, jedi teams are definitely more defensive.
  • Honestly ObiWan with the fixed leader ability is pretty good. The Jedi don't have a true tank though which makes it tough because they need some damage mitigation. Jedi simply do not have any DPS that can out DPS some of the toons I mentioned earlier (e.g. Rey, IG86) so they must be able to live longer. It also depends on your level of competitiveness too. If you're aiming for Top-10 it will be very hard because you see such high health and protection toons and Jedi DPS is not good, not even Mace. If I could out together any Jedi team it would be IGD, Aayla, Kit, Yoda, QGJ, not sure how good that would be though. If you just want to have fun, then slap a team together and have fun. :)

Thank god Rey must be very hard to attain, as I rarely see her in Arena - but she hits like an absolute TRUCK. No matter what squad I haul into a match, if I see Rey is on the opposing team, I know I'm in for half my team at least getting offed, and that's if she's in blue gear and not many stars. If she's geared out, I can pretty much count on my whole team getting taken out by her unless by some miracle the rest of her squad completely bl0ws. Now I just avoid all teams with Rey on them.
  • PyroPuff wrote: »
    Thinking

I agree...what are they doing with aayla that we can't farm her yet? I haven't started IGD, sounds like I need to get on that train along with ahsoka!

I'm curious why no one runs yoda lead. Doesn't his battle meditation work well with the turn meter gain? Either way, jedi teams are definitely more defensive.

I put Yoda in as lead when facing heavy debuff teams, occasionally. It can help. Being able to farm Aayla would be great. Looking forward to being able to work on IGD @ 77!
  • PyroPuff wrote: »
    Thinking

I put Yoda in as lead when facing heavy debuff teams, occasionally. It can help. Being able to farm Aayla would be great. Looking forward to being able to work on IGD @ 77!

IGD is the man. He was my first full bronzium pull! Gotten lucky with a 32 shard pull, plus several other singles. Other than that he's a slow grind, but worth it. The counters he gives Jedis are all beneficial as an attack, but also grants foresight to Yoda, heals Ahsoka, chance to add and subtract TM for QGJ, etc. Add to that he grants defense up with a hard hitting special, oh, and he's **** near 28k health plus protection.

Old Ben needs the taunt.

Might actually make his special be available.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Honestly ObiWan with the fixed leader ability is pretty good. The Jedi don't have a true tank though which makes it tough because they need some damage mitigation. Jedi simply do not have any DPS that can out DPS some of the toons I mentioned earlier (e.g. Rey, IG86) so they must be able to live longer. It also depends on your level of competitiveness too. If you're aiming for Top-10 it will be very hard because you see such high health and protection toons and Jedi DPS is not good, not even Mace. If I could out together any Jedi team it would be IGD, Aayla, Kit, Yoda, QGJ, not sure how good that would be though. If you just want to have fun, then slap a team together and have fun. :)

Its not fixed

– Yoda

Mace or Obi Wan would be good options to add a taunt too, they seem like the tankiest of the bunch as it is.

MAce needs an AOE attack
    Old Ben a Taunt

And FIX ANAKIN!!!!!!!!!

– Yoda
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    K1ngYoda wrote: »
    Honestly ObiWan with the fixed leader ability is pretty good. The Jedi don't have a true tank though which makes it tough because they need some damage mitigation. Jedi simply do not have any DPS that can out DPS some of the toons I mentioned earlier (e.g. Rey, IG86) so they must be able to live longer. It also depends on your level of competitiveness too. If you're aiming for Top-10 it will be very hard because you see such high health and protection toons and Jedi DPS is not good, not even Mace. If I could out together any Jedi team it would be IGD, Aayla, Kit, Yoda, QGJ, not sure how good that would be though. If you just want to have fun, then slap a team together and have fun. :)

Its not fixed

What's not fixed? If you're referring to Old Ben it's definitely fixed. I've been using him as leader for a little over a week now, so pre-patch and post-patch and there's a huge difference. Pre-patch I could get top-5 pretty easily but would drop into the teens and even 20's overnight. Now I stay top-10 and last night I only dropped from 1 to 2. I've noticed a bit of dodges with him as lead now and I have a couple toons with foresight which makes his leader that much better. If the AI knew how to play Yoda my team would be even better. LOL What level is your Old Ben's leader ability at?