Raid rewards

bleeaauuh
1006 posts Member
edited April 2016
The raid rewards are terrible, why would you make a gear that is unfarmable and needed by absolutely everyone, then create a place to obtain it only with a small chance of a small amount of players being able to get a small amount of it. Seriously raids take time to save for and time to complete.

Replies

• dvl009
    529 posts Member
    why u ask? cos they want u to play this game for a long time and progress slowly. and when people get impatient, or dont want to grind for months, they gonna spend $$$$.

holla holla get dolla B)
  • True
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Either:
    1. They have absolutely no idea how to balance character gearing and raid rewards
    or
    2. They made it deliberately skimpy so people would get impatient and buy items like furnaces for crystals.
    I'm honestly not sure which is worse. All I can do is hope they see how bad this is and fix it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    dvl009 wrote: »
    why u ask? cos they want u to play this game for a long time and progress slowly. and when people get impatient, or dont want to grind for months, they gonna spend $$$$.

holla holla get dolla B)

But how does it lead to spending money if you still can't get the gear outside of a free raid?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Timed perfectly with the ability to spend $10-20 to buy them in shipments. Let's not pretend we don't know EA's game.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    and it buys them time to come up with new contents while we're busy farming for months. imagine if u could easily farm gears and maxed out your toons. after a few days people will get bored, stop playing, and swgoh will lose playerbase.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    The raid rewards are terrible, why would you make a gear that is unfarmable and needed by absolutely everyone, then create a place to obtain it only with a small chance of a small amount of players being able to get a small amount of it. Seriously raids take time to save for and time to complete.

There are even worse issues. Those who blow thier squads on the guards will have less damage contributed than those who wait and then use thier teams on RANCOR. Its going to become a serious issue for guilds. Just watch. CG needs to address these issues quick
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »

There are even worse issues. Those who blow thier squads on the guards will have less damage contributed than those who wait and then use thier teams on RANCOR. Its going to become a serious issue for guilds. Just watch. CG needs to address these issues quick

What's the difference? Isn't it just total damage dealt over the course of the raid and the phase you deal it in doesn't matter? Is the rancor portion easier to stay alive in to deal damage longer?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member

I would think you would do more damage by aoe then by single target. But I have not started one yet.
  • Raid rewards most certainly needs to be addressed as MANY have expressed concern with it and the system of putting guild members against one another. One of the worst ideas I've ever come across in dealing with guilds.

Guild vs Guild is how it should be, and easily implemented here. Guild war can be 10 battles, and each member of the guild serves up their champion to fight, but no two toons can be in the same fight at the same time and each member only has one chance to get their champion in. THAT could work nicely.

@EA_Jesse
    @BentWookiee
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Twyst3d
    58 posts Member
    - I have received 0 rewards for the last raid I participated in.
    - I am guaranteed to get less attempts than a number of people because of my schedule.

End Result: Why am I bothering to participate? This last raid I got ZERO rewards. I will never be a top rank because they start the raid right before reset and sneak in 10 attempts in a matter of 2 hours. And as they get rewards and get stronger than me I will be guaranteed to never earn a **** thing! I'm top 100 bleeding edge arena. A reset away from 77 and it doesn't matter. Why? You basically are telling me that screw me and the money I have spent because my F2P guild leader can use me like a slave to get stronger while I get Jack squat!

The only solution? Start my own guild, which no one high ranking will join, to have to resort to cheap tactics to cheat my way into better rewards?

How about you refund my money and I uninstall and walk away? I'm not some POS human being willing to step on others for a better game experience. And while you are allowed to change the game experience, I don't think "you have to be a terrible human being to remain competitive" falls under the spirit of that clause in TOS for games.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Haplo wrote: »

I would think you would do more damage by aoe then by single target. But I have not started one yet.

The raid only counts damage done to the captain, not his adds. The door stun and the fact you can stay alive longer puts you at a massive advantage if you save your attempts for rancor and don't participate in the pig phase (provided they can each be done without a reset.)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Twyst3d wrote: »
    - I have received 0 rewards for the last raid I participated in.
    - I am guaranteed to get less attempts than a number of people because of my schedule.

End Result: Why am I bothering to participate? This last raid I got ZERO rewards. I will never be a top rank because they start the raid right before reset and sneak in 10 attempts in a matter of 2 hours. And as they get rewards and get stronger than me I will be guaranteed to never earn a **** thing! I'm top 100 bleeding edge arena. A reset away from 77 and it doesn't matter. Why? You basically are telling me that screw me and the money I have spent because my F2P guild leader can use me like a slave to get stronger while I get Jack squat!

The only solution? Start my own guild, which no one high ranking will join, to have to resort to cheap tactics to cheat my way into better rewards?

How about you refund my money and I uninstall and walk away? I'm not some POS human being willing to step on others for a better game experience. And while you are allowed to change the game experience, I don't think "you have to be a terrible human being to remain competitive" falls under the spirit of that clause in TOS for games.

Have you tried joining a new guild? That may work.
  • CPTRogers
    107 posts Member
    +1 for TyGonJinn's comment.

Dude, you guild doesn't sound very friendly to you (or you're not communicating well with them, dunno, I'm not there).

But leave and find another guild. If you're active, most guilds should appreciate having you.
  • Yeah the rewards are horrible, my guild has completed a bunch of tier 5 raids and all i've gotten in a week + is about 6/50 of one item i need.