Material costs are Obscene

Musashi138
52 posts Member
edited April 2016
Seriously...you are now charging 270 + crystals for a SINGLE PURPLE MAT???? Not multiple...not a bunch...A SINGLE MAT. You're saying that for each material component we should be shelling out the equivalent of $1.99 USD ? And some pieces of gear require anywhere from 20 - 50 mats? That's $40 on the low end, and nearly $100 on the high end!!!!!! To put ONE pieces of gear in ONE characters gear slot? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DANG MINDS???

And let's not even get into the obnoxious grind to get mats through Battles. I can start with well over 1000 energy, and to fill a single gear slot on a 5 star character who's in the purple tier of gear it might require quite literally ALL of that energy. For ONE gear slot on ONE character?

EA - you're nothing but a bunch of greedy cashgrabbers.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]

Replies

• I agree, the prices are obscene. I came across one of those items needed to get to gear level 9 and it cost the equivalent of €14 or there about. If the prices were lower, much lower, I would probably buy something every now and then. At these prices I am discouraged to buy anything and will probably lose interest in GoH in another couple of weeks as I can't progress my toons without shelling out an obscene amount of money.
    I have a bad feeling about this - Han Solo
  • ictoanen wrote: »
    At these prices I am discouraged to buy anything and will probably lose interest in GoH in another couple of weeks as I can't progress my toons without shelling out an obscene amount of money.

Yep, I could buy multiple ENTIRE GAMES that would cost less. And yet this game expects me to dump in cash for energy, cash for materials, cash for squad members, cash to improve them, etc.

Quite literally every aspect of this game has been monetized, and done so at obnoxiously high rates. For the cost of one mat you should be getting an entire gear slot worth of material components.
  • Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    Yea prices are pretty obscene in this game.
    For the price of 2,800 crystal data card I could have 2 months sub to SWTOR mmo.
    I find its very expensive for short term euphoria.
    You really have to decide carefully what and when to spend.
  • Tangra
    42 posts Member
    +1
  • Tamonizer
    325 posts Member
    I would have been a P2P but the pricing is insane (not to mention uberly random).